Wiki Posts
Search

Cars in EA/ER at BOS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:10 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by photog72
Hmmm... I recently used Emerald Reserve service for a minivan (I am Emerald Club base). Perhaps I should reserve a midsize instead and hope for a minivan when I arrive in a few weeks.
You should reserve both and cancel the one you don't need upon arrival, if it's a minivan you absolutely need for the trip.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by dwbf11
You should reserve both and cancel the one you don't need upon arrival, if it's a minivan you absolutely need for the trip.
Done. When should I cancel the other reservation? If I see a minivan in EA?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:57 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
If you find what you need on the aisle cancel the reserve res, or vice versa.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:15 am
Suspended

Cars in EA/ER at BOS

Hey all, Im arriving next wednesday and have a luxury reservation. Does anyone have any updates as to what i can expect at this location (im an ee)
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
If you find what you need on the aisle cancel the reserve res, or vice versa.
Got it. The app seems to make it easy to cancel. Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Cars in EA/ER at BOS

The lot was full of cars and suv's today at around noon. Also saw 2 maserati's, several CTS's. I had a luxury reservation and managed to snag an X3 (10,000 miles)
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by isaacliu
The lot was full of cars and suv's today at around noon. Also saw 2 maserati's, several CTS's. I had a luxury reservation and managed to snag an X3 (10,000 miles)
Nice, you had way more luck than I did. I'd have had one of those CTS's like a shot.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Arrived Sat night around 1030pm. Both ES and EA were full of cars. Noticed a red 4dr 2015VW GTI in the EA. Took that instead of something in ES. Wow what a great little car. Now I understand why it wins so many awards. Gate agent said they got two, the red one and a white one. Red GTI had 800 miles on it. Satellite Radio active too.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Does anyone know if the Aisles in Boston close late at night? Booked a midnight pickup for an upcoming rental and I notice it's showing "Level of Service: Counter."

Mainly curious whether a midnight pickup will affect my ability to choose a car. If it's a question of going out to the aisle and then going in to pick up the keys to the car I want, that's not a problem.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by dtremit
Does anyone know if the Aisles in Boston close late at night? Booked a midnight pickup for an upcoming rental and I notice it's showing "Level of Service: Counter."

Mainly curious whether a midnight pickup will affect my ability to choose a car. If it's a question of going out to the aisle and then going in to pick up the keys to the car I want, that's not a problem.
I've picked up cars in the middle of the night (due to delayed flights), and went straight to the Aisle. No problems.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by photog72
I've picked up cars in the middle of the night (due to delayed flights), and went straight to the Aisle. No problems.
Cool, thanks. Probably just a website glitch.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:12 pm

I think I figured this out -- this was for a pickup in the wee hours of a Sunday, and when I got to the gate to check out -- no computer system. They were hand-writing rental contracts on paper. I think it's the weekly system maintenance.

Incidentally -- if anyone is renting a minivan in Boston in the near future, check the tires. They have a mess of high-mileage, out of state Chryslers, and the tires are nearly bald. The traction control will turn on in about a quarter inch of snow.

They have other, newer, better minivans (notably, some Toyota Siennas and Kia Sedonas) as well.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:28 am

I think I figured this out -- this was for a pickup in the wee hours of a Sunday, and when I got to the gate to check out -- no computer system. They were hand-writing rental contracts on paper. I think it's the weekly system maintenance.

Incidentally -- if anyone is renting a minivan in Boston in the near future, check the tires. They have a mess of high-mileage, out of state Chryslers, and the tires are nearly bald. The traction control will turn on in about a quarter inch of snow.

They have other, newer, better minivans (notably, some Toyota Siennas and Kia Sedonas) as well.
I've rented two Chrysler T&Cs from there recently, with no problems. One had about 8,000 miles. The other, about 15,000. The tires were in great shape. I rent those because they come w/ the DVD entertainment system in the rear for the kids. This past December, thankfully, we didn't have to deal with snow. It was a quiet winter... then.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:52 am

Hi all, any updates as to whats been on ES/EA lately, I will be picking up on June 26 5pm. Hoping to get a nice SUV, thanks in advance for any info.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by dinky1
Hi all, any updates as to whats been on ES/EA lately, I will be picking up on June 26 5pm. Hoping to get a nice SUV, thanks in advance for any info.
What did you see in EA/ES? I'm flying in late July and the website won't let me reserve a mini-van.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.