Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAH (houston)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:52 pm

At the Emerald Aisle on Dec 25th...lots of HHRs, some Dodge cars (Avenger, Charger) and some Chevy Sedans.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: Independent
Does anyone know if National has any Passats or Jettas at IAH? If so, what class?

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Does anyone know if National has any Passats or Jettas at IAH? If so, what class?

Thanks!
I saw a Jetta in the EA at IAH on Saturday. Didn't notice the class.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:10 am

IAH on 6/11 (Saturday) mid-morning - the emerald aisle selection was great. Here were some of the selections:

- Several Ford Escapes
- Hyundai Santa Fe
- Several Dodge Ram 1500s
- Several Jeep cherokees and I think Liberty
- Toyota Camrys and Corollas
- Several Mercury Grand Marquis
- Dodge charger
- Misc Dodge cars
- Misc Chevy cars
- Several VW cars - not sure if they were jettas or passats.

I took the Santa Fe with 1500 miles on it and loved it. Great car with great gas mileage.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat
9/24 and the Executive selection was horrible as was the regular aisle... looking for a high MPG car and hardly anything there. Two of the Camry's reeked of smoke, and they had a VW 2.0 T but said it wasn't considered on the Aisle and I had to pay to upgrade, even though it was clearly sitting there.... bait and switch on that one if you ask me...

Crappy selection
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:00 pm
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat
10/11/11. Just returned from IAH and the selection (I'm Exec) was sh*tty as usual. There was a pick-up or two, a full-size suburban, a bunch of crappy Chrysler minivans, and that was about it.

I looked at the Emerald Aisle and couldn't find anything I liked there either. I hung out for about 10 mins and eventually took some sort of Kia SUV that pulled up in the Emerald Aisle.

No VW Passats. No Jettas. No Maximas. No S40s. No Altimas. No Jeep Cherokees. They did have 1 Charger come up during the 10 mins I waited but I passed.

I'm tempted to go back to Hertz.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Wow. I thought it was just me. The ES aisle is lame with mostly SUVs and a mix of Chargers, Impalas, Altimas, Avalons, and Malibus. If you are lucky you can find an LTZ Impala or Malibu. I guess they seem to think that SUVs are a big upgrade and you should be thankful. I agree about the Hertz comment. I have been a bit embarassed when my co-workers brag about getting Cadillacs and Lincolns from Hertz and Avis all the time pre-assigned to them. I prefer being able to pick my car but when all you have to pick from is regular stuff, what's the point. Is our business worth anything to them?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Wow. I thought it was just me. The ES aisle is lame with mostly SUVs and a mix of Chargers, Impalas, Altimas, Avalons, and Malibus. If you are lucky you can find an LTZ Impala or Malibu. I guess they seem to think that SUVs are a big upgrade and you should be thankful. I agree about the Hertz comment. I have been a bit embarassed when my co-workers brag about getting Cadillacs and Lincolns from Hertz and Avis all the time pre-assigned to them. I prefer being able to pick my car but when all you have to pick from is regular stuff, what's the point. Is our business worth anything to them?
True - but I've never seen a code or offer from Hertz or Avis that comes even close to my rates with National. I'd love a super nice car, but I need to balance that against cost.

As an Avis Pres member, I've never had a super nice car pre-assigned, and had to fight and argue to get something as simple as a Prius. I've had better luck with Hertz, but rent from them infrequently due to the cost.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
Well 7/10/12 at 7:40PM I am currently writing this review while waiting in line for someone to bring up a car. No cars in any row except for heading over to the regular lanes and choosing that one car that sits there too. Seems like their pulling all of the Malibus in Texas for the thirty some emerald aisle people.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
Great
I am now third in line. Four cars are pulling up from the back and low and behold the third car is a Malibu The first one is a 2012~ white Taurus limited (TX) , the second a Mazda 6 (TX), the stupid Malibu (unknown back plate only) and the fourth is a Nissan Rogue (MS) . I'm putting my elbows up on this one!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:08 pm

Was able to snag a 2011 Kia Sportage. Not too bad but not the best I have driven. Ride report coming soon.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, too many hotel chain and car rental programs to list
Tuesday July 24, apprx 8:30 PM

Exec: 1 Ram 1500, 1 Yukon XL, 1 Suburban, 1 Traverse

EA: Only Malibus

Thursday July 26, apprx 2:00 PM

Exec: 2 Avalons and probably every type of SUV and Pick-Up in National's fleet

EA: Malibus again

Specialty: 2 Camaros
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:29 am

Ran through IAH on August 13. National Exec Aisle was full of Avalons, a Buick Enclave, Chevy Traverse, Dodge Journey and a few 300s. The attendant let me go pick an SUV off the aisle- I picked out a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited.

Emerald Aisle had all sorts of midsize suvs and a nice selections of VW Jettas.

Premium selection had more Avalons, Mercury Mariners, and a new Buick Regal (not bad looking!)
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:57 pm

Location: A place where I have just enough status to want more, but can't afford it!
Programs: National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Picked up a car on Thursday at 1am. Booked a Premium however, my only options were the EA and ES. At the ES I could choose between a: Chevy Traverse (that reeked of smoke), VW Passat (with less then 100 miles) & a Chevy Silverado (with 80 miles). The EA had 2 cars and a minivan. Nothing too spectacular at all.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: Independent
So no premium at IAH?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.