Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAH (houston)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2008, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Cars at IAH (houston)

I have a lux auto reserved at IAH (HOUSTON) & wanted to know if they have cars avaliable. The norm with me is FLL and they have never let me down.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.4 MM Hertz Gold, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Hyat Gold
I reserved a luxury car in IAH twice and got a Cadillac both times. The most resent was this past Tuesday. The previous time they tried to give me a 300 but I said no!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
The Emerald Executive selection at IAH is great, lots of different cars from Volvo's and SUVs to the normal stuff. Every time I've been there has been plenty of cars, unlike other locations where I have seen no selection and only the normal midsize (and Impala) on the Emerald Executive aisle.

Based on their excellent selection on the Aisles I would be surprised if you did not get what you were looking for.
Old May 18, 2008, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent reports from the IAH EA? I'm picking up there tomorrow, and am curious if this location ever stocks the Prius or other hybrids.
Old May 18, 2008, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Any recent reports from the IAH EA? I'm picking up there tomorrow, and am curious if this location ever stocks the Prius or other hybrids.
For people to drive to their meetings at oil company HQs or refineries outside of town? The idea of environmental sensitivity in Houston is too hard to pass up.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 10:07 am

Programs: UA MP
IAH Selection ??

Does anyone know how the Executive Aisle selection is at IAH?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Did a search but only found old posts.

I'll be picking up Saturday and was wondering what to expect there? Any minivans in the Executive Aisle?

TIA.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 8:50 am

IAH Executive has mid-size SUVs (Nitro, Vue, Trailblazer, Cherokee, Mitsubishi, Rav4), Some mini-vans, the standard Chevy lineup (malibu, Impala), occasionally Tundra pickups, Volvo S-60's, and most recently (and dissapointingly) Mitsubishi Galants
Old Sep 7, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
With the exception of the Volvos, it sounds more like the Emerald selection than the Executive selection.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
I had a luxury rental reservation in IAH this past June. I arrived late because of weather. I was an Emerald member and the woman from the counter took the escalator with me up to the deck, and just pointed at a group of Cadillacs and asked which one I wanted. I went with the pearl white, new DTS with nav system and cooled/heated seats. They had more SRX SUV's, but I wanted the big sedan, as the company was paying. They probably had 1 DTS, 4 SRX, and 3 CTS if I recall correctly.

I miss the "magic" code.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I arrived on a Friday around 3pm and the ES offerings were pretty poor - a bunch of Chevy Malibus, a Dodge Journey and a few Toyota Camrys.

Fortunately, as I was getting in to one of the Camrys, I spotted a Volvo S40 over at the Emerald Aisle and ended up taking that.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 6:08 am

Programs: SWA - A-list, AA Gold, Hilton Gold
I ran into the same thing a few weeks before. I think there are still quite a few recovery crews working on the Ike cleanup. I couldn't even book a hotel until recently. It will improve quickly.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 1:37 pm

there's something amiss w/ the IAH ES...at noon today (Monday) there were ~20 cars in the ES - not a single one w/ leather or XM. All cloth seat impalas, malibus, and minivans. EE was no better. I finally took a Malibu but next time will wait and ask them to bring me something better from the car wash...disappointing.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 8:22 pm

Programs: Independent
Rented from National Emerald Isle last weekend. This was a Saturday, mind you, mid day. But not much of a selection - couple of Toyota Corollas, a HHR, A couple of small sport utilities, and a Toyota Camry. Took the Camry.

When I returned walked by, similar selection, although they did have a Dodge Charger and a G6 in the mix.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Rented from the Executive Aisle this past Monday (4/26) around 10 AM.

Not a great selection. One of the KIA Amanti, a couple of small SUVs, two Altimas (basic) and some other things I forget (one Mitisbuishi?) Took an Altima.

A quick look at the EA indicated LOTS of mini vans and PT Cruisers!
Old Apr 29, 2009, 7:23 pm

I've taken to renting from Avis at IAH and banking on an upgrade

Car selection & quality has been decreasing steadil over the past ~6mos...poop!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.