Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAH (houston)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I have taken to renting from the lowest price. I can't see much difference in any of them and the "upgrades" aren't worth worrying about!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 1K (woohoo), SPG Gold, HH Diamond, MR Silver, Avis Worst, National Exec Elite; Destinations Many
Any Recent Experience???

I will be back at IAH in 2 weeks and wondering what the selection has been lately. Previously, whenever I was at IAH, I rented from Avis, so I am interested to hear/see what is in the EE aisle.

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
ES this evening (5pm) had lots of Impalas, lots of SUVs I never pay attention to (saw Edges and some others), a couple Altimas, and a couple Maximas (took one of those).
Old Aug 27, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Today (Thursday @ Noon) the EA and ES were both miserable. The EA had nothing but several Impalas. The ES had Imapas, HHR's, and Tauruses.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
On Wednesday afternoon, the ES was a bit random...mostly Chevy HHRs, with some sort of crew-cab pickup truck, a couple of Chargers, and an Impala. Didn't notice much of what was on the EA except a G6 and (I think) an Accord.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
ES was the following on a recent trip;

New Jeep Commander
Crew cab Ford F series
Worn and smoky HHR

That's it! Took the Commander, wasnt all that pleased about the choices. Burned nearly 1/2 tank of gas from IAH to Galleria area, one local lunch drive and back to IAH.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 6:14 pm

Friday morning, EA had lots of cars - mostly Impalas and HHRs, one Prius, an Altima, and a Charger.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:37 am
Original Member

Been renting on Monday mornings (8:30 am) for the past 4 weeks at IAH. Selection is dominated by Impalas and Chargers. Sometimes the only choice is Chargers or Impalas. Always lots of cars.

Last edited by hreamer; Nov 11, 2009 at 7:29 am
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by paullevi
ES was the following on a recent trip;

New Jeep Commander
Crew cab Ford F series
Worn and smoky HHR

That's it! Took the Commander, wasnt all that pleased about the choices. Burned nearly 1/2 tank of gas from IAH to Galleria area, one local lunch drive and back to IAH.
Don't forget that you can still pick from the regular Aisle, fullsize, or midsize selections if you don't like the "upgrade" on the ES.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:37 pm

Monday 2/8, about 8pm. Exec aisle was pitiful. One Impala, two dodge magnums, two dodge caravans, two jeep compasses. Emerald aisle had a couple of impalas, an HHR, and a Malibu. I didn't see the malibu until I'd already loaded up an Impala or I'd have gone down to the emerald aisle and taken it.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:16 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Friday March 5:

Exec isle had: Explorer, Expedition, Compass, Chargers, Siebrieg convertible, Mini-vans, Chevy Traverse

FWIW, didn't see any with leather seats.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:08 am

Went last friday, had a reservation for a SUV on Emerald reserve. Showed up at about 4pm and both SUV aisles were completely empty. The only smaller SUV they had on the lot was in the exec isle, an Escape Limited (6k miles) so I took that. Worked out better for me with the options, but I was disappointed I didn't have an actual choice. The other things I saw on the Exec isle were 300s & Buicks.

I did go down the Emerald Isle since I considered downgrading, and they did have a fairly robust choice of mid-size sedans including Malibu, Fusion, Accord, and Camry. I also didn't see any HHRs on the lot, which is hopefully a good sign!
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:51 am

I'm going to be here tomorrow around noon, it would be nice to know about some of the recent selections. Ive got a reservation for a standard suv (an equinox), as I've got 3 other people with me and I definitely don't want a van. I haven't driven the equinox yet, so I'm hoping they do have that..
Old Sep 29, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Was there Sept 25. Lots of 300's, Marquisesese, otherwise slim pickings on sat. am.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles - GM; National Rental Car - Executive Elite; HHonors - Gold; SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by beardoc82
Was there Sept 25. Lots of 300's, Marquisesese, otherwise slim pickings on sat. am.
Just dropped off a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo yesterday.

Yesterday when I dropped it off, it was very slim pickings on the Exec Aisle. Saw a truck and a few chargers.

When I picked it up 9/18, there were Camrys, Chargers, 300s, Marquees, Sedonas, a few trucks. It was a pretty decent selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.