Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at Portland / PDX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Recent updates?
I rent every few weeks from PDX. In general, you can rely on an executive aisle full of Impalas, with a few Altimas and Camrys sprinkled in. On occasion, there are a few SUVs (I've had a Jeep Compass, a Nissan Murano and seen a Highlander), sometimes a couple of Dodge Grand Caravan minivans, and sometimes a Sonata or two. I would characterize the executive aisle as ok but nothing special.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, United MileagePlus, IC Royal Ambassador, Fairmont President's Club
When I was last there in December the EA had: a Jeep Wrangler Sport, a couple of Dodge Dakotas, a Ford Flex, a Chrysler Town & Country, and a few sedans (don't recall make/model). I opted for the new Ford Edge Limited in the Executive spot.

I'll be going back through there next month and will post an update on the current stable.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hoping for something with AWD/4WD tomorrow.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:22 pm

Nicely stocked Exec Aisle on July 3. Several Buick Enclaves (first time I've seen those at PDX), a big truck of some sort (F150 maybe?), some Nissan Muranos, a number of minivans (both Kia and Dodge) and the usual Impalas, Camrys and Altimas.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Picked up at PDX on Thursday the 12th. Executive selection was pretty broad -- plenty of Impalas, Altimas, Camrys , but also an Enclave, a Dodge Caravan, a Ford Edge, a Chevy Traverse and a 2013 Ford Flex Limited Ecoboost which I took.

When I returned the car a week later, I took a walk through the executive aisle again. 100% cars -- Impalas, Altimas, a Charger, a few 300s, an Avalon -- but thats it. What a difference a week makes!

As an aside, really liked the Flex. Drove well -- big but doesn't feel it, and has a real nice get up and go. The tech was awesome as was the great interior space. Downside is that the look is a little cheesy and more importantly, the 18 MPG I averaged over the 850 miles I drove (500 highway) was not so impressive... especially when you have the nerve to call it *ecoboost*.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by noah
Picked up at PDX on Thursday the 12th. Executive selection was pretty broad -- plenty of Impalas, Altimas, Camrys , but also an Enclave, a Dodge Caravan, a Ford Edge, a Chevy Traverse and a 2013 Ford Flex Limited Ecoboost which I took.

When I returned the car a week later, I took a walk through the executive aisle again. 100% cars -- Impalas, Altimas, a Charger, a few 300s, an Avalon -- but thats it. What a difference a week makes!

As an aside, really liked the Flex. Drove well -- big but doesn't feel it, and has a real nice get up and go. The tech was awesome as was the great interior space. Downside is that the look is a little cheesy and more importantly, the 18 MPG I averaged over the 850 miles I drove (500 highway) was not so impressive... especially when you have the nerve to call it *ecoboost*.
What?! You got an ecoboost-ed Flex? I'm guessing the twin turbos and a potentially heavy lead foot lead to the poor gas mileage.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
What?! You got an ecoboost-ed Flex? I'm guessing the twin turbos and a potentially heavy lead foot lead to the poor gas mileage.
Yes, that could have something to do with it -- driving the windy roads of Orcas Island and the 75-85 Mph trip down I5 don't exactly make for great gas mileage.

I was surprised to see it; had 3700 miles on it when I selected it, and even the attendant commented that she didn't know they had them in the fleet.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
I landed a new Maxima for the weekend last April.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, United MileagePlus, IC Royal Ambassador, Fairmont President's Club
Very nicely stocked Emerald and Executive Aisles when I went through PDX a couple weeks ago.

Large variety of cars, SUV's, and vans in the Emerald Aisle. Didn't get much look at models as I am Executive level and they have two separate aisles now (which are HUGE!).

In the Executive Selection there were several brand-new Chrysler 300C's (which I opted for), several Nissan Altima's, a Ford F-150 EcoBoost, a Ford Flex, a Chevy Suburban, a mix of Kia and Dodge mini-vans, several Chevy Impala's and Toyota Camry's.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have a weekend trip booked in mid-September. I am planning to visit the Columbus River Gorge and Larch Mountain. I have Executive status. I wonder if anyone could recommend a car which best suits my need? Thank you!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:07 pm

I think you'll be fine with anything you can get on the Executive aisle. Personally, I'd prefer a sedan for that drive, as the roads can be a bit loud in an SUV or minivan. I'd bring an iPod or similar and a connector cable as well, since the radio reception going through the Gorge can be quite poor.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Picked up at PDX late on the night of Friday 8/10.

Didn't look too hard at the EA (or the ES for that matter) but it seems like a fairly typical station. In the ES there were at least half a dozen 300s, one Explorer, a couple of Impalas and Camrys. I took a 300 with 2k on the clock.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The ES at PDX this morning had nothing very special but there was decent variety for the size of the location:

Impalas
Malibus
Dodge Charger
Chevy Traverse
Dodge Journey
Buick LaCrosse
Chevy Tahoe
Ford Escape ecoboost 2.0 AWD
Dodge Grand Caravan

If there were Altimas and Camrys, I missed them.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 10:21 am

ES at PDX yesterday afternoon had a bunch of Ford Edges. Also some Maximas, Impalas, Dodge Grand Caravans, a couple of Chrysler Town & Country minivans and weirdly some sort of big truck (Dodge Ram or Ford F150 sized). I took a Town & Country - for once it was a National car that was nicely appointed! Leather seats, touch screen nav/radio with working Sirius.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Arrived at PDX yesterday evening. The selections at ES/ER were pathetic. The only premium car available was a Taurus limited. 80% of the fleet is Malibu or Impala, with a few Optima, Sonata. I saw one Ford Edge and Jeep Patriot. A VW Passat stands out. The agent was helpful, he found a Chrysler 300C from Enterprise for me and I took it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.