Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Executive Selection booking via Chase Ultimate Rewards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EXP), HH (Diamond), SPG (Platinum), HGP (Diamond), National Car (Exec Elite)
Question Executive Selection booking via Chase Ultimate Rewards?

In looking for good prices for an upcoming trip to Hawaii, I have found that the cheapest rental car price is through Chase Ultimate Rewards (where I would actually pay for the rental and not use any points).

My question is that if I book my usual intermediate/mid-size car, but through Chase Ultimate Rewards, will I get my Executive benefits (where I choose my car) when I get to the airport?

I haven't been able to find this answer, but did find deep in the internet somewhere that when you reserve through Chase, you can not put your loyalty program number and if you call who you reserved the car with they won't add it since it went through Chase. Without my EC number, I don't see how National will see my executive status and let me pick my car. If I arrive there and flash my Exec badge, will I get to select?

Has anyone experienced reserving through Chase and being able to use Emerald/Executive aisle?

Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
seems like a quick call to national with your reservation number and they'd be able to add your emerald number, no?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EXP), HH (Diamond), SPG (Platinum), HGP (Diamond), National Car (Exec Elite)
Originally Posted by smachiz
seems like a quick call to national with your reservation number and they'd be able to add your emerald number, no?
I thought so too, but someone who tried the same with Avis (Avis Preferred and booked through Chase) said Avis wouldn't take their number over the phone without increasing their rate. So I thought it may be the same with National.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip

In any event, your emerald club number is linked to your DL so it will come up when the agent keys in your DL number. I would ask someone out in the aisle when you get there. You might be able to hop in a car and get it sorted at the exit booth, or they may direct you to the counter where the agent will print your contract and then you'll go out to choose a car which will be assigned by the exit agent (done this a couple times). Either way, you should still get choice of vehicle though the rental process may take a few minutes longer than booking directly.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Figured it may take a few minutes longer, maybe, but I would have my choice.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by funtrainsf
Thank you. Figured it may take a few minutes longer, maybe, but I would have my choice.
Long time ago now, but were you able to make the rental with your executive benefits? I'm in this exact situation now and neither Chase nor National are able to associate my emerald club number with the reservation.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Did this last summer. Chose something from ES, handed my DL and Executive Elite card to the agent at the gate, no problem at all.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Did this last summer. Chose something from ES, handed my DL and Executive Elite card to the agent at the gate, no problem at all.
Great, thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:59 pm

Can anyone add to this. Should we go straight to the car and drive out and show our Emerald # even though its not in reservation from UR? Or should we go to counter?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:09 pm

I booked through my chase UR. I have my EC# in my chase UR profile....I'm planning to head straight to the ES/EA, get a car and drive out.

I'll be in LAS in Aug 15. Will report back. Shouldn't be an issue though
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi
I booked through my chase UR. I have my EC# in my chase UR profile....I'm planning to head straight to the ES/EA, get a car and drive out.

I'll be in LAS in Aug 15. Will report back. Shouldn't be an issue though
Does your reservation number have "COUNT" at the end (for counter)?

Mine does show counter (did put EC# in UR profile). National website finds the reservation, but asks me to call in to attach EC#. Will do it tomorrow
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by paperwastage
Does your reservation number have "COUNT" at the end (for counter)?

Mine does show counter (did put EC# in UR profile). National website finds the reservation, but asks me to call in to attach EC#. Will do it tomorrow
Yes now that you mentioned it I do see a "COUNT" at the end of my Chase reservation for National.

So have to still call National to attached our EC# to this reservation then?

I'll do that later today....thanks for the heads up!!! ^
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:17 am

Just called national's main 800 number. They said they can see my reservation (as a prepaid voucher status) but does not have my EC# attached. Says they do not and cannot add the EC# to this reservation over the phone.

I was instructed to stop by the counter when I land in LAS and then I can add my EC# to the reservation. And then go to the EA/ES aisle to pick up car as usual.

I would be very interested to see what paperwastegate comes up with after he/she calls National.

edit: Just called the national LAS counter specifically. The guy said you can add the EC# when I get there. Looks like you have to physically be there to add the EC# to a reservation booked through Chase UR. I think this may make sense as I can see how some can take advantage and somehow if they are able to find car reservations they can just add their own EC# to other people's reservation and get the reward points lol!

Last edited by ginmqi; Aug 4, 2017 at 8:24 am
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi

I would be very interested to see what paperwastegate comes up with after he/she calls National.
didn't have time to call today (reservation call center opens 9am-6pm)

but I expect the same thing that you experienced
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
didn't have time to call today (reservation call center opens 9am-6pm)

but I expect the same thing that you experienced
Eh yeah kinda sucks. But hopefully shouldn't be too long of a wait. I'll add my EC# at the counter and then go to the EA/ES to get my pick of car!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.