Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
had added a paid SXM to a paid rental a few weeks ago -- was not credited
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Segments
200 pts.

Enterprise rentals are not a qualifying rental unless you received the neighborhood rental bonus. You will get only 200 pts for the rental. And I believe the neighborhood rental bonus is only good once.
Thank you. Exactly the answer I needed. I'll make the trek to the airport to pick up a National car, I guess...

Though - the T&Cs of my Neighborhood Rental bonus clearly state I can use it up to 3x for a total of 600 pts. YMMV I guess.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by gooselee

Thank you. Exactly the answer I needed. I'll make the trek to the airport to pick up a National car, I guess...

Though - the T&Cs of my Neighborhood Rental bonus clearly state I can use it up to 3x for a total of 600 pts. YMMV I guess.
Glad to help. I used Enterprise once during the promotion but prefer National even when it means a hike to the airport.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Is there a size restriction on vehicles rented from Enterprise to qualify (I have the 200pt for Enterprise rentals offer)? It turns out i am going to be 2 nights short of requaling for EE, so I'm looking at the cheapest rental at Enterprise (weekend $16/day rate). Plus I'll get the 12F points and it will push me into another free day which I can use at XMas in Chicago.

I know midsize is the minimum for a National rental, but I don't see anything about Enterprise rentals
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Is there a size restriction on vehicles rented from Enterprise to qualify (I have the 200pt for Enterprise rentals offer)? It turns out i am going to be 2 nights short of requaling for EE, so I'm looking at the cheapest rental at Enterprise (weekend $16/day rate). Plus I'll get the 12F points and it will push me into another free day which I can use at XMas in Chicago.

I know midsize is the minimum for a National rental, but I don't see anything about Enterprise rentals
You must reserve mid-size or above and drive it for two consecutive days. If the Enterprise location does not have ICARs and gives you a SCAR, SUV or any other upgrade instead that is fine. OTOH should they not have ICARs and offer you a CCAR make sure you are credited as having driven an ICAR or you won't receive credit.

OTF is a National program for Emerald Club members. You can still rack up points via renting from Enterprise via Drive Alliance but you must make the reservation via your EC number. Could be wrong but don't think pure Enterprise rentals not associated with National/Emerald Club count.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BugsyPal
You must reserve mid-size or above and drive it for two consecutive days. If the Enterprise location does not have ICARs and gives you a SCAR, SUV or any other upgrade instead that is fine. OTOH should they not have ICARs and offer you a CCAR make sure you are credited as having driven an ICAR or you won't receive credit.

OTF is a National program for Emerald Club members. You can still rack up points via renting from Enterprise via Drive Alliance but you must make the reservation via your EC number. Could be wrong but don't think pure Enterprise rentals not associated with National/Emerald Club count.
I know that is the reg for National rentals, but I see nowhere that lists a size for an Enterprise rental. Specifically, the site says:

A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald ClubŽ, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car RentalŽ locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion.
Emphasis is mine. It is only talking about the size restrictions for a National rental. The rental length is also in relation to a National rental. And both are in relation to earning points for the rental, which I'm not interested in. I'm interested in earning the bonus points. All it says in the bonus details is:

Earn 200 bonus points when you rent with our Drive Alliance partner, Enterprise Rent-A-Car,Ž at neighborhood locations. You can earn up to three Enterprise neighborhood bonuses for up to 600 bonus points.
It doesn't even mention the defined term "qualifying rental" for the bonus

As far as making the reservation , that's easy (once I figured out how to add my Emerald Club number into an Enterprise reservation since it's kinda hidden).
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:35 pm

SXM on one day rentals does not work - I tried it twice
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by 4aks
Thanks for the information
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by 4aks
Makes sense. Details say "on a qualifying rental" which is defined as a 2 day, midsize rental.

As a follow up to my question, I called National to get clarification on minimum rental size for the Enterprise bonus. Agent looked at the terms and agreed there was nothing that limited minimum size nor minimum rental length. She put a note on my account to that effect and gave me a reference ID to reference in case I had problems. Started the rental today (smallest thing available) and return on Monday. We'll see what happens. I didn't even take the car off the lot and they were OK with that. I just have the keys and will return them on Monday.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Makes sense. Details say "on a qualifying rental" which is defined as a 2 day, midsize rental.

As a follow up to my question, I called National to get clarification on minimum rental size for the Enterprise bonus. Agent looked at the terms and agreed there was nothing that limited minimum size nor minimum rental length. She put a note on my account to that effect and gave me a reference ID to reference in case I had problems. Started the rental today (smallest thing available) and return on Monday. We'll see what happens. I didn't even take the car off the lot and they were OK with that. I just have the keys and will return them on Monday.
I was expecting that a 'qualifying rental' would be a rental qualifying for a National Rewards credit ... not necessarily a One Two Free credit ... I also had a National customer service rep see it that way, and filed a trouble ticket requesting credit
Old Dec 5, 2015, 9:23 pm

4aks, u da man to convince CSR while obviously discussing 1-2-F points and not some "other promo", lol. Pls do update us on resolution: this would have implication for all kinds of points: GPS, SXM, gas, app...I'm especially unclear about the following: what treatment do you get on a two-day rental, where first day is paid by 1-2-F coupon?? Is this qualifying rental, and what categories of points will be credited?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:41 pm

How many 1-2-F days and banked free days would I earn from a month long rental?

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2015, 7:03 pm

It's indeed interesting that Weekly (min.5days) gets 300+200=500
8days gets 300+300=600, and each subsequent 8days will get 600
Old Dec 6, 2015, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
4aks, u da man to convince CSR while obviously discussing 1-2-F points and not some "other promo", lol. Pls do update us on resolution: this would have implication for all kinds of points: GPS, SXM, gas, app...I'm especially unclear about the following: what treatment do you get on a two-day rental, where first day is paid by 1-2-F coupon?? Is this qualifying rental, and what categories of points will be credited?
I didn't get any points out of the trouble ticket they just never processed it

And I think you're going two need two paid days (no coupons) to get further 1-2-Free credits of any type
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
How many 1-2-F days and banked free days would I earn from a month long rental?

Thanks!
You get 3 Free Days per 30 day consecutive rental. It used to be four, but their system recalculated how the points were awarded and reduced it by a day. BTW, this is definite - I'm on a year long rental - so I see how many are deposited every month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.