Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at TUL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Returned my Lacrosse this afternoon and it was packed with cars. VIP had a Challenger and a C250. Exec looked like one of everything.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:41 pm

Thursday 430pm. VIP had '14 MKZ. Exec had Genesis, '13 Avalon,'14 Impala, and '13 S60 (my car). EA was the usual suspects.

In other news new station manager thinks Tulsa is an EA/ES location and treating it as such.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by KevinMD
typical night. 2014 Taurus Limited, 2x Genesis. Small SUV Escape SE, Sportage, Encore, Craptiva, 2x Journey SXT, Tuscon. Took the Encore, but it had seat problems, when I brought it back, manager asked what I was looking for (small SUV with leather). Went to cleaning area and came back with 2014 Escape Titanium with 2.0L engine . There was one other "car" there that caught my eye. See pics below

Yes it was available to rent and an upgrade fee would most definitely apply
cant believe they actually got it with the diesel option, id def consider driving this over my typical LCar, a lot of other people too enjoy diesel trucks that would pay for it.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 5:10 pm

Thursday 4pm. Usual load of stuff. More dirty cars then anything. Had res for midsize SUV. Only clean one was a 2014 Craptiva LTZ. Talked them to a 2014 Dodge Journey SXT with 810 miles. Car was so new the manual was still in plastic wrap in the back, cargo net still wrapped, and rear seat belts still have plastic wrap.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:51 pm

Thursday 4pm. VIP had '14 Camaro and '13 S60. The Exec section was a mix of old and new style Impalas. One bright spot was a '14 Mustang, that the tag said was base model.
Res was for mid size SUV and they had Tucson, Compass, and Patriot. Was about to take the Patriot so it would finally have a ride report, but checked and the Tucson does not have a ride report either! Oh darn! Maybe next time!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 4:52 pm

So the new branch manager thinks the premium select program means all the premium cars have an upgrade. They have been moved from the "executive" section and replaced with midsize suvs. They had 2 Captiva's and a Rogue. He offered me one of them. Said it was brand new with 5 miles. When I asked what trim it was he said LS. Tried not to laugh at him. Took a '13 Verano from their regular selection.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by KevinMD
So the new branch manager thinks the premium select program means all the premium cars have an upgrade. They have been moved from the "executive" section and replaced with midsize suvs. They had 2 Captiva's and a Rogue. He offered me one of them. Said it was brand new with 5 miles. When I asked what trim it was he said LS. Tried not to laugh at him. Took a '13 Verano from their regular selection.
I really hope this doesn't take hold - I'm ok with Mercedes, BMW, Volvo and even Cadillac & Lincoln carrying upgrade charges - but if Taurus, 300, Maxima, Genesis etc don't usually show up in ES then I'm out of here They'd have to pay me to drive another Captiva.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:09 am

Returned the Verano this morning. Exec Selection consisted of 2x 2014 Captica LTZ's and a 2013 Tucson. Sitting in the full size section was a 2014 Fusion Titanium. Took a peek inside and it was NICE! Fist Fusion I have seen in Tulsa in a few weeks, and pleased it was the Titanium. Hopefully it is there on Thursday!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:53 pm

Thursday 4PM. VIP had '14 MKZ and ATS 2.0. Exec had '14 Captiva LS, '13 Rogue, and '14 Sorrento. Aisle was usual stuff. Did have '14 Camry SE. Just missed '14 Focus hatch. Took '14 Fusion SE with base engine, 4,000 miles and working Sat.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:42 pm

Thursday 4pm. VIP had 2x Camaros. Exec had 1x Encore. EA had Onata (must be a new model) Sonata Hybrid. Saw an Focus hatch at Alamo I was going to take until it I saw it was a '12. Ended up stealing a '14 Fusion TITANIUM with 1,800 miles from Enterprise
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:16 pm

VIP had lone Camaro. Exec had
14 Captiva 1LT, '13 Equinox LT, and '13 Escape SEL. Full size was the usual suspects. Was about to take a '14 Camry SE when I got to the booth, the lady started listing all the cars and said Taurus in the mix. Guess she forgot that PCAR's are supposed to be extra. Drove off with a '14 Taurus Limited with 9k miles and working Sat.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:49 pm

What do you mean PCARs should be extra? Tauruses are on the ES all the time at most locations.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
What do you mean PCARs should be extra? Tauruses are on the ES all the time at most locations.
New station manager changed everything. Says it is from corporate. Used to rent PCAR's all the time. A few weeks ago they moved all the PCAR's from their ES section and replaced them with crappy Suv's.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:24 pm

Im so annoyed with the new changes to this location, its basically impossible to get into ANYTHING half decent. When i picked up this past weekend the executive section consisted entirely of captivas. The normal section had camrys and the usual base model junk. There was no less than SIX Taurus sitting on the lot along with 3-4 '14 impalas. They flat out refused to give me a Taurus or impala saying i had to pay an upgrade, due to the fact i was on "such a low discounted rate" His excuse was that they were basing the rentals and upgrades to get more revenue and so if i wanted to be in anything besides a base model on my rate, i would have to pay an upgrade. The few other times i have needed to upgrade to a large SUV, i am ok paying an upgrade fee to jump to what i need, but when im told things like "based on the rate your currently paying, its going to be XX amount...." What ever happened to booking an intermediate which qualifies for executive aisle and getting something decent, without being told that im not generating enough revenue and have to pay to upgrade....
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Pyridoxine
Im so annoyed with the new changes to this location, its basically impossible to get into ANYTHING half decent. When i picked up this past weekend the executive section consisted entirely of captivas. The normal section had camrys and the usual base model junk. There was no less than SIX Taurus sitting on the lot along with 3-4 '14 impalas. They flat out refused to give me a Taurus or impala saying i had to pay an upgrade, due to the fact i was on "such a low discounted rate" His excuse was that they were basing the rentals and upgrades to get more revenue and so if i wanted to be in anything besides a base model on my rate, i would have to pay an upgrade. The few other times i have needed to upgrade to a large SUV, i am ok paying an upgrade fee to jump to what i need, but when im told things like "based on the rate your currently paying, its going to be XX amount...." What ever happened to booking an intermediate which qualifies for executive aisle and getting something decent, without being told that im not generating enough revenue and have to pay to upgrade....
Glad to see I am not the only one dealing with this. The Exec when I am there on Thursday usually has 3 SUV's, at least one is a Captiva, and usually a 1LT or LS. Would love to find out who the disctrict manager is and have a talk with them. The station manager is saying this is coming from corporate, but have not heard about other places doing this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.