Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Thai Airlines LHR-BKK for £0! (Take #2!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airlines LHR-BKK for £0! (Take #2!)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:31 pm

Has anybody tried another TG reservation? Is it maybe that checkmytrip.com is down?
Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by f4free:
Has anybody tried another TG reservation? Is it maybe that checkmytrip.com is down?</font>
Does anybody even have another TG reservation?!?
Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by f4free:
Has anybody tried another TG reservation? Is it maybe that checkmytrip.com is down?</font>

I think that checkmytrip is down. i can't access my other non-TG reservations either.
Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:35 pm
Point_Chaser

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
Ryanair and the other low fare carriers use to sell tickets sometimes for 0GBP and all you need to pay are the airport taxes......
</font>
Sorry, but Ryanair always charge £0.01 when there are "free" seats... (You can for instance see the current "free" offer from Ryanair where all flights from the UK are charged 1 penny)
This is due to the fact that there would be no contract otherwise. Under UK law, there has to be consideration (which is any value as long as it is not zero...). As you haven't paid anything for the ticket, there is no contract unfortunately!

But let's see what they do...
Hopefully they will acknowledge the fact they could get some pretty bad publicity from all this if they decide not to honour, and given that Ryanair often offer (almost) "free" tickets, people may have thought that this was genuine!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you with reservations!

Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Vunder31:

I think that checkmytrip is down. i can't access my other non-TG reservations either.
</font>
Perhaps all is not lost... I mean, except for TG's chances for turning a profit on any of their upcoming LHR-BKK flights...

Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:44 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Point_Chaser:
Sorry, but Ryanair always charge £0.01 when there are "free" seats... (You can for instance see the current "free" offer from Ryanair where all flights from the UK are charged 1 penny)
This is due to the fact that there would be no contract otherwise. Under UK law, there has to be consideration (which is any value as long as it is not zero...). As you haven't paid anything for the ticket, there is no contract unfortunately!

!
</font>
A very valid point, had the fare been 75 GBP i.e. they misplaced a comma when loading a fare of 7500 GBP we may have a chance...nut at 0 GBP I think we can't expect much.

Only another 12 hours or so before the CTO in London opens its doors and the suspense is lifted

Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Well that post before of Thai losing 300,000 bookings due to SARS might mean they'd APPRECIATE a few warm bodies in their (pretty darn ordinary folks - I am here to tell you) 'First Class' 747 seats?

Cathay 747s have taken off with FIVE passengers total in recent weeks, so SARS is a crisis in the region for Asian based airlines. Come to think of it, my booking for May 1st to BKK ........... Ummm...............
Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:45 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Really, really weird...

Now back up on checkmytrip.com -and- on Thai's website. I just want to know what they say when the first person enters the LHR ticket office tommorow morning.

That said, I wonder how many tickets they sold like this... &lt; 500 ?! so, 500 * 7000GBP = $3.5 million pounds. Wow.
Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
12 hours....I don't know if I can wait that long...the suspense is killing me
Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Here is the glitch:

I just spoke to the LA office and they said that it is listed as booked in "A" class.

That is the booking class when using ThaiAir frequent flyer miles!

That is why it showed up as $0 and only taxes.
Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:50 pm

Hey - has anyone tried asking an agent to go in through Amadeus using your PNR and finish the transaction/issue the ticket? My agent seems to think she can do it!
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Well, then it probably won't earn miles. But still, Thailand for 55 Quid...(!)

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wbflyer:
Here is the glitch:

I just spoke to the LA office and they said that it is listed as booked in "A" class.

That is the booking class when using ThaiAir frequent flyer miles!

That is why it showed up as $0 and only taxes.
</font>
Are you saying that we won't get miles for these flights?
Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:51 pm

OK, so assuming they honor it we surely wouldn't get any miles if it remains in A class.
Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by johnep1:
Are you saying that we won't get miles for these flights?</font>

He is saying that type of ticket can only be purchased with Thai miles.

Not sure about Thai but A class is certainly a revenue class on many other airlines i.e. RTW First Tickets are often booked in A class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.