Wall Street Journal Subscriptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wall Street Journal Subscriptions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2005, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, CO Gold
I have had the opposite problem. I have renewed my subsription in a timely fashion but continue to receive renewal reminders and offers. I feel bad for all the trees...
Old Jul 13, 2005, 9:35 am

Programs: American Airlines
You can now get AA miles for a subscription to USA Today.

Originally Posted by aegean94305
How did you sign up with UA miles? I don't see UA on milepoint.com
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat for Life, SPG Plat, United Silver, given up on Skypesos for good
Thanks, but I prefer to use toilet paper.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 12:29 pm

I would like to know how tenacious extended his subscription to 08. i thought you could only get three x 2 months subs at a time. mine will be expiring soon and i do know if i start a new one or if there is something i do to renew- i guess the end result would be the same unless i started getting 2 issues a day. I sent my son a subs and now i dont know when that will expire and would like to use orphan miles to extend his too. Any help will be appreciated
Old Jul 13, 2005, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1.9MM
Originally Posted by aegean94305
How did you sign up with UA miles? I don't see UA on milepoint.com
It's directly on the UA website. Go to Non-Travel Awards. I'm also getting my LA Times subscription for free now with my UA orphan miles!
Old Jul 15, 2005, 4:45 am

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards
I did this at some point, and recently rediscovered this gem. When I called up and tried to sign up, they told me I was no longer eligible since I had already done it once.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 9:42 am

the trick i discovered is to sign up for a 3 month sub, let it "expire" (usually it will continue for 3 months more)... as soon as the paper stops delivery (6 months total), sign up again. works like a charm...

i would rather pay for the "free" 3 months, but there is no easy way to do it using miles. once i renewed after the 3 months, but kept getting the renewal notices anyway (and the miles got deducted too!!!).
Old Jul 17, 2005, 8:36 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Originally Posted by jaguar
My subscription was supposed to have ended in January but I'm still receiving it.
When I posted last April I'd expected mine to end shortly thereafter, but I'm still getting it as well. I'm guessing they're so busy getting ready for the Sat. edition of the paper that they're not keeping up with everything else, or they're trying to use the first few Saturday editions as a hook for renewals and letting people slide until then. I'd expect the database to be cleaned up at the end of September.

Or maybe all of our accounts were flagged incorrectly when we signed up with miles and we have an expiration date of 2014.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by IaLTO
the trick i discovered is to sign up for a 3 month sub, let it "expire" (usually it will continue for 3 months more)... as soon as the paper stops delivery (6 months total), sign up again. works like a charm...
That's exactly what I do. The 3-month WSJ subscriptions actually last for 6 months. I'm on my first LA Times mileage subscription, but I don't think they'll let it slide the same way. My LAT account shows a specific dollar amount credit for the free period and they've already sent me a bill for the period afterward. I'll just cancel at the end of the free period, then sign up again using miles.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

United website:
www.newspaper-miles.com/readermiles.asp
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:02 pm
RLG

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, AS MVP, HA premier
These offers don't work in Hawaii. I got a nice note saying there wouldn't be any newspaper coming, but didn't get my miles back.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by RLG
These offers don't work in Hawaii. I got a nice note saying there wouldn't be any newspaper coming, but didn't get my miles back.
Call United CS...I'm sure they'll give you your miles back.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 8:56 pm

Used orphan miles prior to expiration for a an annual subscription. Worked out well.

Last edited by kyrielsn; Jul 21, 2005 at 8:57 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:41 am

just received a united orphan miles.. for wsj

great deal...

was waiting for one!!
Old Aug 14, 2005, 9:34 pm

Thanks for posting the link. Worked great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.