Wiki Posts
Search

100% Bonus miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

100% Bonus miles

Seniors,

I am searching for 100% bonus air miles offers but unable to find. Usually, Delta or AA offers it. Am I missing it or those offers aren't out there currently? Is there a certain time when airlines come out with these offers?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AA PLT, DL GM, SPG GLD, Hyatt GLD, SPG GLD
AA lists any current bonus deals on their site. DL's site is a disaster, I don't know how anyone finds anything they need on it.

The rest are here: https://goo.gl/1R5Z90
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:32 pm

Through 12/19/2016 United had a 100% bonus offer for buying miles, but you had to log into your account to see if you were eligible for the offer.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Avianca is having a 125%-135% sale. Not quite United but still *a https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/ear/tra/traneepur.aspx

Last edited by SightseeMC; Feb 19, 2017 at 2:45 am
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:30 pm
Original Member

199% of what for what?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:14 pm

Be careful when you buy lifemiles though. They have certain rules (no connections allowed beyond 7hrs) etc and a call center which can be hardly of any help. It will work for some who are in hub cities.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Seems like all airlines periodically have these "100% bonus" periods. You just have to follow the different carriers. Subscribe to their emails, follow them on social media, etc. And follow the FT forums, of course.

At the end of the day, the "base" rate to buy FF miles is a little over double what most people find them to be worth. So the 100% bonus essentially brings the price roughly into line with the value a skilled user could redeem. I personally look at the offers as a way to top-off for a large premium-cabin award, not a primary source for miles.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Question 100% Bonus Miles to buy ticket for roundtrip to India

Seniors,

Any 100% bonus miles scheme going on or might be coming soon. I usually book a business class ticket for mom.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:03 pm

Sounds vaguely familiar:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...nus-miles.html
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jamesbondc
Seniors,

Any 100% bonus miles scheme going on or might be coming soon. I usually book a business class ticket for mom.
From what city will your Mom be starting?

Focusing just on the percentage bonus without also considering the particular program's redemption rates for Business Class travel is a little short-sighted. And, of course, you don't necessarily have to redeem miles from the same program for the roundtrip: many FFPs offer one-way awards.

I don't recall seeing a 100% bonus offer from AA; usually their deals work out to about a 50% bonus (equivalent to about a 33% discount on the cost of miles).

Have you checked to see what AS is currently offering? Their redemption rates to India on CX via HKG tend to be decent.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Most likely fly out of TPA or RDU to DEL.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Most likely fly out of TPA or RDU to DEL.
Then using AS miles to fly on CX probably won't work.

AA has a bonus promotion on now: 140,000 miles -- enough for a Business Class roundtrip between the U.S. and India if you can find award seats -- will cost about $2,900 after tax and processing fee.

Needless to say, you should not buy unless and until you find suitable award space. AAdvantage award reservations can be held for five days at no charge. That should be enough time to purchase the miles, and have them post to your account. But be sure to also check the cost of a cash ticket for the route and dates of travel; sometimes there are surprisingly good deals to be found for international business class travel.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seniors,

Cam you please add a question mark "?" at the end of the your thread title when you're start a thread that's a question? Thanks.

The way you left it out, it seems from the title like it's a thread about an existing bonus that you're telling people about, rather than a question you have about whether such a bonus exists.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by guv1976
Then using AS miles to fly on CX probably won't work.
TPA might BARELY work, but it would probably be some monstrosity of TPA-SEA-LAX/SFO/YVR-HKG-DEL, because AS only allows itself + one partner. No mixing AA and CX on the same award.

Even in CX business class/AS domestic F (assuming you could FIND AS domestic F on all AS segments) that's a complete 30-some hour stinker of an itinerary. I wouldn't put my mother on that unless I wanted to throw momma from the plane.

OP, I'd look out for an AV sale and book a UA-AI itinerary that doesn't look like it was constructed by a drunk FT'er as a hellish mileage run. Barring that, try AA, but I'd find the award availability and hold it BEFORE you spend a dime on AA miles, or you might regret it:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Apr 7, 2017 at 3:55 pm
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
What about looking for business class paid fares. You may have to buy 1 ticket to position, then a second for the discounted paid fare. But if you are going to spend $3000+ tax fees etc for miles, you probably could find a paid fare.

I find the probability of finding an award with miles on the dates/times I want IS ALMOST the same as finding a combo of discounted business class paid fare and position fare to get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.