Earn 600 BA Avios for taking a survey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 600 BA Avios for taking a survey

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Firewind
Eight minutes in (plus 10 minutes for completing the registration questions):

"This is not the survey for you"
That's a platform-wide recurring annoyance. On some of these things the filter phase constitutes a full survey in itself, only you get nothing for your trouble while the sponsor accretes plenty of data, even from those ejected.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
I joined this the last time they did a promo, and completed a few surveys, with Avios credited promptly. Then, out of nowhere, I logged in to do another survey and found that I was 'permanently banned' for violating their terms. Absolutely no idea what that's about, and emails to them looking for an explanation have gone unanswered. I'm a UK resident, BA Gold with a UK based BA/Avios account.
Anyone else had issues?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by AAtticus
Given the recent BAEC/Avios exploits I'm not really keen on giving both my BAEC # and personal information to an external company.
The website looks very amateurish as well.
Wish I could break the code. Several more unsuccessful surveys by now. At least I've adopted he m.o. of the veterans of these on this board, doing them while watching TV.

I feel that I tell them a lot each time before I'm DQ'ed.

@BearX220, love that verb "accretes". Conjures visions of a science fiction movie.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I just completed the survey and it was confirmed that I would receive 600 Avios. I entered my BA Executive Club Number, and name as it appears on my account, but used a different email address and street address when signing up. I'll report back if the Executive Club Number + Name is sufficient for matching and receiving the points....
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
I got the same message, UK residents only.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:03 am

I thought about this, but then realized that since I don't fly BA and don't have their Chase card, 600 Avios is useless to me. All my Avios come from Chase, and those have to be transferred in increments of 1000. I'll never be able to use 600.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
If your BAEC account is not UK based, open a UK based Avios account and use that insted.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:16 am

I got the 600 miles but they won't credit to my ba account and I love in NI.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Looks like I didn't get a confirmation email either, oh well.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 6:31 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

My UK-registered BA account is working flawlessly with this opportunity and I've already had over 1,200 miles added to my account.

One of the members of my household account is also UK-registered but I never received a confirmation email. The other two household members are US- registered and I haven't even bothered trying those.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the link
Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Success, another 600 Avios questionnaire finally came through and I qualified. It seemed to have opened the logjam. Several more @25 Avios, and they take the five minutes as promised. Also invited to a medical study and matched with a doctor. Now, as I'm using them to keep my account open, I wonder if I can wait until September to try the next one and not be forgotten.

And MileageAddict, I must again compliment you as I did in the other thread. You must have qualified for and had the time for ~ 25 of these surveys plus the ones that you spent time on and didn't qualify for. This plus the others that you promote must mean that you don't do much besides this sort of thing. Whew.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:30 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

I do the surveys while my girlfriend is watching evening TV. To be candid, I've done so many of these that I know pretty much what answers qualify me to complete the surveys and can pick and choose which ones I want.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tmm1012
I just completed the survey and it was confirmed that I would receive 600 Avios. I entered my BA Executive Club Number, and name as it appears on my account, but used a different email address and street address when signing up. I'll report back if the Executive Club Number + Name is sufficient for matching and receiving the points....
I can confirm that while my BAEC Account has my address in the US, entering a different (UK) street address and email address for the survey was not an issue. The 600 Avios posted just a few days after I took the survey.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 4:30 pm

Both of my first surveys posted on the 18th. Bravo! But my account web page says that my Card expiry date is 28 Feb 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.