Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage eShopping - Earn up to 3,500 Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

AAdvantage eShopping has a new promotion.

Here are the Terms:
*During the “Back to School” bonus campaign, which runs from 7/14/15 through 8/16/15 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 3,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard AAdvantage miles earned from shopping online through AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall. Bonus miles will be issued based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: 500 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of at least $125; 1,250 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of at least $500; or 3,500 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of $1,000 or more. Returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products are not included in the bonus miles eligibility calculation; please see the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall site for details on product eligibility and/or any coupon code details or other usage restrictions. Please allow 8-10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall account. The maximum number of bonus miles that will be awarded to an eligible AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall account through the Back to School bonus campaign is 3,500 bonus miles. This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. Please check the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall site daily for updates to increased earning opportunities. Void where prohibited by law."
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT

Thanks! I love these bonus opportunities. I do plenty of eshopping at Drugstore.com and eBags. These bonuses are posting faster these days.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:26 pm

Thanks for posting! I am buying a Nikon which will put me over the $1,000 mark.

Question though, I can earn 3 miles/$ on Walmart.com but Cameta Camera (which only earns 1 mile/$) actually sells the camera. I stay on Walmart's website to complete the purchase. I don't think this will conflict with any terms that would not allow me to earn the miles. Am I right?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
A bonus is great if you actually receive it. Last time there was a bonus offer, I made a qualifying purchase. The miles (as often happens) were not credited. After many months of emails, etc, I finally got credit for the miles for the purchase, but not the bonus. By then I was fed up with dealing with it.

It seems their strategy is to make is AS DIFFICULT as possible to collect the promised miles. It would be so easy for them to add a marker or notation to the page that you are eligible, and qualified for the miles (and bonus if applicable) but they don't do that.

I have had some good luck with the AA Shopping portal but also a lot of difficulty...even when I make screen shots of everything.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
Thanks! I love these bonus opportunities. I do plenty of eshopping at Drugstore.com and eBags. These bonuses are posting faster these days.
How soon can I expect the miles to post, for an eBags purchase?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
How soon can I expect the miles to post, for an eBags purchase?
Ebags has been posting very fast. 5-7 days for me.

Cartera actually seems efficient lately.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:30 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Petsmart - wicked fast, less than a week
Best Buy - about 14 days
Home Depot - awful - about 4 weeks
Bath & Body Works - one week

I purchase online from Petsmart once every two week to buy a case of dog food. Often there is a good online discount code and then I set for pick up at the local store where it is ready in less than an hour.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
I've never received any miles unless I have sent an e-mail with the order information.

However, Aadvantage has been good and given me credit whenever I submit an inquiry.

Here's a tip: always save all the order information, including date etc. Or just log in to the site where you made the purchase and download a pdf of the invoice or whatever.

I figure the reason the rewards did not post automatically for me might have something to do with the fact that I have ....... installed and also a browser extension that blocks cookies and such. Something to keep in mind, I suppose.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by bmabnorth
I've never received any miles unless I have sent an e-mail with the order information.

However, Aadvantage has been good and given me credit whenever I submit an inquiry.

Here's a tip: always save all the order information, including date etc. Or just log in to the site where you made the purchase and download a pdf of the invoice or whatever.

I figure the reason the rewards did not post automatically for me might have something to do with the fact that I have ....... installed and also a browser extension that blocks cookies and such. Something to keep in mind, I suppose.
I use Firefox with no ....... for this without significant problems. It is the reason I keep it installed on my machine and I use Chrome (and .......) for pretty much everything else.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Ebags has been posting very fast. 5-7 days for me.

Cartera actually seems efficient lately.
I have my fingers crossed that ebags will jump over 7 miles per dollar spent again during this promo offer. Any know the last time it was much higher? Any guesses if it will jump up again this month?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Petsmart - wicked fast, less than a week
Best Buy - about 14 days
Home Depot - awful - about 4 weeks
Bath & Body Works - one week
Apple-- just a few days

I bought something from BB 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten miles yet. I used a BB gift card. I just remembered I installed the DoNotTrackMe app-- does this prevent Cartera from tracking?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Dell, just under a week.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I have my fingers crossed that ebags will jump over 7 miles per dollar spent again during this promo offer. Any know the last time it was much higher?
Yeah, sorry to say but the most recent ebags promo of 14 miles/$ just ended on July 15th. I know they bump it up a few times a year, but it seems like there're always 2 or 3 months between promos.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:30 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Best Buy purchase I completely forgot about just posted after 5 weeks.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
AAdvantage + Amex + Saks

I recently noticed this. It is interesting how the points can stack. An example:

- The above mentioned bonus.

- Saks is 8x at the AAdvantage portal as I write this, but I see it has fluctuated between 5x and 14x in the last couple of weeks. (Anyone have any insights into how/why this seems to change daily?)

- Amex has a Sync offer for 6K MR points with a $400 spend.

- Saks has a current $75 off offer for a $350 purchase.

So a $475 purchase would cost $400 and trigger:

500 AAdvantage miles due to the bonus.
3200 AAdvantage miles due to the multiplier.
6000 Amex MR reward points.
-----------------------------------------------------
9700 points/miles. At $.02/point, that is a $194 bonus for $400 spend.

A $575 purchase would cost $500 and trigger:

1250 AAdvantage miles due to the bonus.
4000 AAdvantage miles due to the multiplier.
11250 points/miles. At $.02/point, that is a $225 bonus for $500 spend.

A $1075 purchase would cost $1000 and trigger:

3500 AAdvantage miles due to the bonus.
8000 AAdvantage miles due to the multiplier.
17500 points/miles. At $.02/point, that is a $350 bonus for $1000 spend.

All that arithmetic done - I'm not personally a fan of online clothing or shoe shopping. But this may be of interest to others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.