Reload this Page >

2,000 FREE IHG Rewards points just for joining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2,000 FREE IHG Rewards points just for joining

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:10 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by sharonsimon
I Called IHG today and even spoke to supervisor but they are refusing to post 2000 enrollment points saying it was a targeted offer one had to receive by email. Of course, I forgot to take a screen shot of the offer but I don't recall any such targeting language on the website offer page.
Same issue. I would recommend hang up and call again, but not very effective when they keep track of who called. Ugh, oh well.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by PCMflyer
My wife joined during the promotion. No points posted but a quick call to the service center resulted in 2,000 points shown as good will.
What?
Really?!
I'll try calling back then!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:04 am

Called again this morning, the agent manually added the 2000 points to my account after consulting with collegues/supervisor about the existence of such promotion.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:29 pm

Success

Using the on-line contact form, a family member asked for the "missing 1,000 points" from this promotion to be posted. That generated an email asking for evidence of the promotion and where it had been learned about.

We suddenly realized that this was a 2,000 point promotion, not 1,000, even though we had otherwise described it properly. We sent a prompt and extremely courteous reply, which also said that the likely email offer had apparently and unfortunately been deleted in the bustle of the holidays and the flood of emails, and wished the IHG Rewards Club person a happy new year, among other things, and expressed our desire to consider future stays at IHG properties as an alternative to another hotel chain.

A few days later, we received the following response from a different representative:

"Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Foremost, we sincerely apologize for the delay of response as we are experiencing high email volume than normal.

As a gesture of our commitment to serve you better, we have credited 1,000 points to your account. Your current point balance is 1,000.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,

Bing Fritatae
Customer Care Representative
IHG Rewards Club"

At this point, I consider the matter closed, as 1,000 points, while not as good as 2,000, is still better than none.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:01 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Told them to cancel the account, after they insisted that a one night stay was required prior to receiving the 2000 point sign up bonus. What a waste of my time.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Well I tried calling back and apparently they said the same thing, I need to stay within 90 days at a qualifying rate, but that I"ll get 3000 points after.
Lucky for me, both count for me, but I'll play it by ear and hope that it works out.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:29 pm

I enrolled Nov 29 last year and no points posted either. Just filled in their online form and will post the outcome.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:33 am

Over the last month I've sent 3 casual back and forth SMs and finally got the 2k points. Not the quickest path to resolution, but overall relatively easy. GL to all who are still dealing with the CSR's.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:29 pm

This offer had an expiration date. It has now passed.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:33 pm

I failed to sign up during the promotion time, I ended up signing up Dec 24. I found a new member bonus on my offers though, and completed a stay at a Holiday Inn Express Jan 3. Jan 8 I was credited with 3,000 points.

Edit: Just checked my offers again, and the dates for this new member bonus is Jan 2-March 31.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, United Gold
I called customer service and the lady on the phone posted the points right away.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:42 pm

2,000 points turn into 3,000

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
Using the on-line contact form, a family member asked for the "missing 1,000 points" from this promotion to be posted. That generated an email asking for evidence of the promotion and where it had been learned about.

We suddenly realized that this was a 2,000 point promotion, not 1,000, even though we had otherwise described it properly. We sent a prompt and extremely courteous reply, which also said that the likely email offer had apparently and unfortunately been deleted in the bustle of the holidays and the flood of emails, and wished the IHG Rewards Club person a happy new year, among other things, and expressed our desire to consider future stays at IHG properties as an alternative to another hotel chain.

A few days later, we received the following response from a different representative:

"Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Foremost, we sincerely apologize for the delay of response as we are experiencing high email volume than normal.

As a gesture of our commitment to serve you better, we have credited 1,000 points to your account. Your current point balance is 1,000.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,

Bing Fritatae
Customer Care Representative
IHG Rewards Club"

At this point, I consider the matter closed, as 1,000 points, while not as good as 2,000, is still better than none.
Epilog: At the end of January, the 2,000 points finally posted automatically, it seems. As a result, we now have 3,000.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
Epilog: At the end of January, the 2,000 points finally posted automatically, it seems. As a result, we now have 3,000.
You had me look at my account and now have 4000 pts, the 2000 from goodwill adjustment when i called Beginning of jan + 2000 with the right promo code!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by sharonsimon
I Called IHG today and even spoke to supervisor but they are refusing to post 2000 enrollment points saying it was a targeted offer one had to receive by email. Of course, I forgot to take a screen shot of the offer but I don't recall any such targeting language on the website offer page.
LOL
How on earth could such an enrollment offer be targeted?
IHG seems to have lost itself in its promotional games.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:34 pm

They're refusing on stumping up the points for me, I quote

Thank you for your kind response.

After further review, we have confirmed that you are referring to the offer, "Start Your Membership Off Right with 2,000 Bonus Points." As per the promotion mechanics, Offer can only be redeemed once per person. Must be a legal resident of the United States of America or Canada to qualify.

As such, the bonus point was not credited to your account.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.
Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.