Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Which Hubs in Europe fly to BKK for award ticket (don't want long layover)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, there didn't seem to be a general award miles forum and I have access to Chase, AMEX SPG, AA, and US airways miles.

I'm looking to fly from Europe to BKK. Would like to know what are the major hub cities to fly out of to book an award ticket. I know with AA I can get London to BKK direct, but will be in western Europe and don't want to fly back, have long layover (all AA award tickets seem to have this)

Any other suggestions? I'm assuming I can try for Lufthansa from Munich/Frankfurt to BKK

Thanks

Last edited by R2134; Aug 19, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:52 pm

FRA, MUC, CPH, ZRH, VIE, CDG, AMS, HEL, ARN, BRU, LHR are the ones I know of. So plenty of options on different carriers.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:00 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Actually new flight to DUS now as well so perhaps easy award inventory?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thai Airways flies between BKK and a number of European cities. You can use UR points transferred to UA to obtain these flights, and there is generally a lot of availability.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Just Google "BKK airport wiki" for a link to the Wikipedia article for BKK Airport. That article will list all carriers that serve BKK, and which airports each airline flies to/from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.