35 points/$ eBags AAdvantage Mall

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

35 points/$ eBags AAdvantage Mall

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I have also noticed that ebags discounts will vary based on what portal you enter through. I was looking for something one time and going straight to ebags offered, say, a 20% discount. When I linked through Fatwallet (which offers fat-cash), it was only 15%. (I don't recall exact numbers, but you get the idea).
Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:15 pm

You need to watch the ebags miles-promos too... they do a sneaky thing with prices being different if you don't go through the portal. I was getting something with a bonus miles promo last year, and I happened to pull up their website in another browser without the portal on, and there was a 20% site-wide sale. This disappeared when going through the portal! ymmv, buyer beware, and all that jazz. That said, I'm in love with their packing cubes.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
AFAIK, eBags no longer sells Rimowa.
That is what AAEshopping stated in the T&C.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Tumi isn't "rarely" discounted. It's discounted (at my last count) around 6 times per year, the past 2 years. Try gilt.com or ruelala.com. Also, if you're fortunate enough to live near a Tumi outlet, you'll find tons of product at 50% off or more.

Never used a B&R bag so can't comment there.

Re: the 35 cent per dollar spent on eBags..it CAN be worth it, if: (1) you have a specific redemption in mind, or need a top off, or can't apply for another Citi card AND (2) you actually need (two) new Tumis!
To answer questions about Tumi: yes Tumi has 20% (or more !) every now and then, and if you love Tumi items like I do, sometimes this can be a a bargain. But the sale just includes last year's models (who cares right?) and you have to pay taxes if the store has a local store where you live.

We have a Tumi outlet nearby and one in Orlando and they are OK but not the greatest place. Some of the items are not as discounted as we expect them to be. I believe that the "outlet" sign can be deceptive some times. And you have to pay taxes which can add up. ( and no extra miles thru portals)

Ruelala, Gilt, Belle&Clive, even Macys can have some bargains but you have to act quickly, inventory is small.

Ebay, hmm too many Chinese knock off here and there.

Yesterday, I got the item I wanted ( Ducati line ) and the price was OK. That and the freebies.

PS Northface at Ebags is way overpriced !

Last edited by lacuadra; Oct 14, 2013 at 4:02 pm
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
When others do this, does the deal banner across the top of the eBags site tell you that you'll get the 35X AA miles? I read in one of the blog comments folks were seeing that.

I just see "FREE SHIPPING on orders over $25 + at least 5% EBAGS REWARDS on every order" when I click through from the AA shopping mall.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: most of them
The real value in ebags is their own line of products. Those are typically priced quite well compared to the big brands. And their luggage is well-designed and durable.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
I rolled the dice on 4 tumis + some stuff I actually need...let's see what the ebay world has in store for my tegra lites
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:48 pm

Don't mind me, I thought maybe I could get a new sleeping bag there, but re tev9999's post ShopDiscover does this too. The card's Q4 5% bonus category is online merchants, well, ShopDiscover went from 10% cashback 30 September to 5% the next day for their best partners.

Last edited by zceuxbhjutf; Oct 16, 2013 at 12:18 pm Reason: got confused whose post was related to mine
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:52 pm

Any idea how to remove the promo code that gets automatically added to your cart upon checkout?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:54 pm

I've been wanting a second TLS Weekender convertible, and the price was $72 going through the aa mall. It put in a promo code which perhaps will screw with the 35 miles, but at $72 for a bag I wanted, if I get an extra 2000 miles for the purchase it will be great. I hate messing with Cartera other than for modest purchases, but I love ebags stuff.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Looks like the deal ended at midnight. I wonder if we'll see eBags pop up on another portal soon.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
has anyone had their miles post yet?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:42 pm

Nope. Heck, I'm still waiting for my 2,000 AAdvantage miles from that targeted email promo in early September to post. When I log into the AAdvantage eShopping portal, my account shows "no activity" no matter how far back I search. I'm very afraid that something went wrong with each of my portal purchases (one from Travelsmith in September, and two as part of the eBags 35x point promotion), and I'm going to get nothing. *cries*

At least I got a good rolling duffel and a nice daypack from the deal, though, even if all I get is 1x AAdvantage points through my credit card. At least my Citibank card works reliably, even if the portal doesn't!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
I ordered over $11k of bags and sunglasses. You can bet I'm returning every item if it doesn't post within 60 day return window. This is my first time using AA portal (I normally use Chase UR portal).
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
not even pending yet ... my guess is they had more orders than expected and given the high multiplier they are manually auditing every order

OTOH, they could also be waiting for the 60 day return period to expire, so they don't have to keep track of returns thinking some folks might return items once the miles post...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.