Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Fidelity misc. bonus offers (i.e. gift cards, etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

This is the new home for all Fidelity bonus offers BESIDES airline miles & hotels points.

Thanks,
Your MB mod team
Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
saving
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll start off with the Apple Gift Card link - for new or existing customers:

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...giftcard.shtml
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'll start off with the Apple Gift Card link - for new or existing customers:

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...giftcard.shtml
Data points: signed up first week of April, funding existing account, received 'ding' email w/in ~2 days, kept cycling.

Received 'Our gift to you' email about 12 days later.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Have you previously (i.e. in the past couple of months) taken advantage of any of the UA/AA/DL offers?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA, AA, DA, UA, CO
Apple

Just got the Apple gift card by UPS. For some reason its only $100. I did cycle 150K and before activating the offer (early to mid March) I got the 50K United and 50K Delta points. Not sure why they send me just $100 as everything was going just by the FT established action plan.
I probably should feel thankful, but I kinda feel robbed...
Well, I guess one would not feel disappointed only if not having any expectations.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA Primier Gold, DL nada, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum
Fidelity Misc. bonus offers (i.e. gift cards)

Strange. I got 500 from apple today and was shy if the 300k by a good bit if they hadn't counted at least some of the prior months activity. I expected the $300 card and was happily surprised.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: BA, AA, DA, UA, CO
Originally Posted by elf618
Strange. I got 500 from apple today and was shy if the 300k by a good bit if they hadn't counted at least some of the prior months activity. I expected the $300 card and was happily surprised.
Originally Posted by pianistat
Just got the Apple gift card by UPS. For some reason its only $100. I did cycle 150K and before activating the offer (early to mid March) I got the 50K United and 50K Delta points. Not sure why they send me just $100 as everything was going just by the FT established action plan.
I probably should feel thankful, but I kinda feel robbed...
Well, I guess one would not feel disappointed only if not having any expectations.
I think it will bring you good Carma if you send me your undeserved $200 Apple GC. I am missing exactly that much.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pianistat
I think it will bring you good Carma if you send me your undeserved $200 Apple GC. I am missing exactly that much.
How about if they just send you a "K"?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:57 am

FT People: You guys are great! One question: do I sign up for the UA miles bonus first and then the Apple GC? How long to wait between asks? The miles are more important to me.

Tried to read previous thread but 237 pages were a little too long!

Thanks,

DD
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ddtripper
FT People: You guys are great! One question: do I sign up for the UA miles bonus first and then the Apple GC? How long to wait between asks? The miles are more important to me.

Tried to read previous thread but 237 pages were a little too long!

Thanks,

DD
Either way should be fine. The key is that "Promotional offers are limited to one per individual per rolling 12 months."

So, whichever you do first, you'll need to wait 12 months from completion before you go on to the next.

I'd do UA first - that's worth more than $500 to me, and only takes 1/3 the cash to get there.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: many
UPS today delivered two $500 apple gift certs. ^
I had last double-dipped multiple airlines back in the summer, I decided I would not count on past deposits over such a time span would count toward the promo (YMMV), so I did the 300K deposit requirement within the 30days on two accounts.

Received the email about the gift certs on the way 1 day after the 30day deposit period, and gift certs in hand 3 business days after that.

Funny thing is, I dont even have any plans for the $1000 in apple funds.
Eventually I'm sure I'll replace the two iphone 4s's. There's plenty of time to think about it...

Thanks to the FT community for the great info.

Bring on summer, already got an itchin' for some more mileage... !
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcharles
UPS today delivered two $500 apple gift certs. ^
I had last double-dipped multiple airlines back in the summer, I decided I would not count on past deposits over such a time span would count toward the promo (YMMV), so I did the 300K deposit requirement within the 30days on two accounts.

Received the email about the gift certs on the way 1 day after the 30day deposit period, and gift certs in hand 3 business days after that.

Eventually I'm sure I'll replace the two iphone 4s's. There's plenty of time to think about it...

Not bad - can you log in to the account of the last place where you got Fidelity bonus miles/points and see exactly when that was? If it was clearly less than 12 months ago, then I'll give UA a shot now instead of waiting.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by pcharles
---------------------------

I have big plans on that Apple funds. I can make your life easier if you wish ...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by josephstern
Not bad - can you log in to the account of the last place where you got Fidelity bonus miles/points and see exactly when that was? If it was clearly less than 12 months ago, then I'll give UA a shot now instead of waiting.
mid-August post date
Keep in mind the new programming for Fido.
I attempted (shortly after) to do AA during the same time as the apple promo and got rejected. Then learned the new programming 12month rule.

If you get rejected, you'll have to wait out the full 12mos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.