Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Fidelity misc. bonus offers (i.e. gift cards, etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fidelity misc. bonus offers (i.e. gift cards, etc)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 4:21 pm

coolio.. thx for replies!

After this promo, I guess i have to wait until next year to get another promo.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:01 pm

No luck

I have an existing account. Deposited 100k mid April and got 50k Delta miles. Cycled the 100k twice having subsequently signed up for the Apple promo, but haven't got the card, nor have I received an email indicated disqualification. So here's waiting for 12 months to fly by.
Old May 3, 2012, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by bandana1948
I have an existing account. Deposited 100k mid April and got 50k Delta miles. Cycled the 100k twice having subsequently signed up for the Apple promo, but haven't got the card, nor have I received an email indicated disqualification. So here's waiting for 12 months to fly by.
???

Aren't you saying you signed up for Apple less than a month ago, and technically have only cycled in $200k officially?? How can you say no go?? You aren't even at the 30 day mark, and Fido may be "waiting" for the additional funds to see if you get the $500 (if they cut off the look-back bug on the previous $100k).

Be patient. You DIDN'T get a ding e-mail apparently, so you MAY still be OK for the gift card after the 30 days is up.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bandana1948 -

Getting a gift card would indeed be impressive as that would likely violate two principles (one emerging, one printed).

1 - That cycling no longer counts.

2 - That you can only get one promo every 12 months.

I'm definitely curious for any updates, as you have them.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:16 pm

some good news

details on family member:

4/1: signed up for Fidelity Apple (previously did airline 9 months before on same account). zero e-mails or calls received about qualifying, not qualifying, etc.
4/3: began cycling.
4/25: completed cycling of $300k, with last amount over $100k.
5/3: received e-mail saying card is on way USPS.

Key question is well it be amount based on $300k or $100k (if they stopped counting cycling). Answer may still be moot depending on whether any anti-cycling was based on a date for all OR sign-up date (when they started be more diligient). 4/1 probably allowed the 2x promotion within 12 months.

Will update the amount when it comes. Also, will try for an airline bonus when that 12 month windows is over just for grins.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:52 pm

Massive fail

Thank you for contacting Fidelity Investments via email. I am happy to check the status of the Apple promotion for you.

Upon calling our promotions group, I found that you initially signed up for the Delta Airlines SkyMiles promotion about a week prior to signing up for the Apple gift card offer. Unfortunately, we are only able to fulfill one offer per customer per deposit of funds and since you signed up for the Delta SkyMiles offer first, this is the promotion that you will receive. In about four to six weeks you can expect 50,000 miles to be deposited into your SkyMiles account
Old May 3, 2012, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Lesfilles
Massive fail

Thank you for contacting Fidelity Investments via email. I am happy to check the status of the Apple promotion for you.

Upon calling our promotions group, I found that you initially signed up for the Delta Airlines SkyMiles promotion about a week prior to signing up for the Apple gift card offer. Unfortunately, we are only able to fulfill one offer per customer per deposit of funds and since you signed up for the Delta SkyMiles offer first, this is the promotion that you will receive. In about four to six weeks you can expect 50,000 miles to be deposited into your SkyMiles account
You should of known better than to contact them after double dipping. Didn't you read the thread? Never ceases to amaze me that people don't read the threads before making a decision.
Old May 3, 2012, 2:11 pm

Finally got my $500 apple gift card delivered, after getting 50K AA miles +50K DL miles deposited previously. It was a great run. Hopefully the mileage promos will be around in 11 months.
150K+ before signing up the aapl and then 200K+ within 30 days.

Last edited by Nelumbo; May 5, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Old May 3, 2012, 3:12 pm

Did you cycle 300k within 30 days?
Old May 3, 2012, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
bandana1948 -

Getting a gift card would indeed be impressive as that would likely violate two principles (one emerging, one printed).

1 - That cycling no longer counts.

2 - That you can only get one promo every 12 months.

I'm definitely curious for any updates, as you have them.
Those were precisely my thoughts too, which is why I gave up after cycling 200k. If that gets me a $300 card (considering the recent changes they've made), I'll be over the moon. But I'm not holding my breath. Will keep everyone updated.
Old May 3, 2012, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Lesfilles
Massive fail

Aah, you broke the cardinal rule, my friend. And that rule is: Do NOT call 'em. Period. Ever. Just take what comes yer way and move on.
Old May 4, 2012, 7:40 am

Aah, you broke the cardinal rule, my friend. And that rule is: Do NOT call 'em. Period. Ever. Just take what comes yer way and move on.
Not always true. My post above was referring to my sister = FAIL

I was able to double dip .. But if I did not contact them, I would NEVER had my Apple GC either (waited and waited) .. They failed to link my a/c with the promotion when I signed up..

SO go figure
Old May 4, 2012, 8:23 am

Those were precisely my thoughts too, which is why I gave up after cycling 200k. If that gets me a $300 card (considering the recent changes they've made), I'll be over the moon. But I'm not holding my breath. Will keep everyone updated.
please let us know what the outcome is...I want to start...but why cycle if it doesnt work?
Old May 8, 2012, 11:27 am

I received my apple GC triple dip !!!

I posted this in the other Fidelity Miles Thread

Dear flyertalkers,

I bring with me some good news regarding whether apple GC double\triple dip is still available. Below are my data points:

03/23 Received 50 UA points after funding 100K
03/28 Funded my account with 50K to a total of 150K
03/31 50K Delta points credited (transaction date)
04/02 50K Delta points appears on my delta account
04/02 Applied for the apple offer with no futher funding
05/07 Received $300 apple GC today in UPS express envelope

So my triple dip was a success eventhough I signed up for the apple offer on 04/02 after Fido changed their terms. Now, I must say my experience might be a little different from other flyertalker in which I didn't get an ineligible email from fidelity nor did I get an email notification from Fido that I will soon receive my apple GC. There was absolutely no communication from Fido regarding the apple GC offer.

I have another account where I have done the double dip with apple (sign-up date 04/16. I will report my data point if I receive my apple GC for that account.
Old May 8, 2012, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
details on family member:

4/1: signed up for Fidelity Apple (previously did airline 9 months before on same account). zero e-mails or calls received about qualifying, not qualifying, etc.
4/3: began cycling.
4/25: completed cycling of $300k, with last amount over $100k.
5/3: received e-mail saying card is on way USPS.

Key question is well it be amount based on $300k or $100k (if they stopped counting cycling). Answer may still be moot depending on whether any anti-cycling was based on a date for all OR sign-up date (when they started be more diligent). 4/1 probably allowed the 2x promotion within 12 months.

Will update the amount when it comes. Also, will try for an airline bonus when that 12 month windows is over just for grins.
Just an update, received card today (mailed out of KY UPS Ground-- despite e-mail it would be USPS), and is for full $500.

So, the churning was still being allowed in April. This may be moot for those signing up after I did, but hopefully some welcome news!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.