Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Lender, Multiple Apps on same day

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:33 am
Original Poster

One Lender, Multiple Apps on same day

It seems there ought to be a master thread where people can post their experiences submitting multiple applications to a lender on the same day. The purpose would be primarily to determine which lenders will approve more than one application at a time. I suggest including the following additional information:

• What kind of cards were requested (all personal cards, 1 personal and 1 business, etc)?
  • The number of inquiries reported, since lenders do not treat multiple applications consistently
  • The approximate date of the application, since underwriting policies change over time.

Below are the details from some apps I made in August.

Lender: American Express
Cards: SPG and Premier Rewards Gold (2 personal cards)
Approved: Instant approval for both
Inquiries: 1
Date: Aug 2011

Last edited by TheManofaThousandPlaces; Oct 26, 2011 at 3:23 pm
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Good idea. I think location and report pulled might also be useful. I'll contribute from my most recent churn:

Lender: Chase
Cards: Freedom (personal) and Ink Bold (business)
Report: Experian
Approved: Both (after moving credit lines from other accounts)
Inquires: 1
Date: Oct 2011

Lender: Citi
Cards: TY Preferred and TY Premier
Report: Equifax
Approved: Unknown
Inquires: 2 - Even though I applied for both on the same day, it appeared on my CR as one on the day I applied, and the other on the following day.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: AA ExP
Cards: Hyatt and Priority Club
Report: TransUnion
Approved: Yes
Date: Sep 2011
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
maybe you guys could state if you got instantly approved or had to call the reconsideration
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by bitachu
maybe you guys could state if you got instantly approved or had to call the reconsideration
This would definitely help
Old Nov 8, 2011, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by dinosims
Good idea. I think location and report pulled might also be useful. I'll contribute from my most recent churn:

Cards: Freedom (personal) and Ink Bold (business)
Report: Experian
Approved: Both (after moving credit lines from other accounts)

Cards: TY Preferred and TY Premier
Report: Equifax
Approved: Unknown
Inquires: 2 - Even though I applied for both on the same day, it appeared on my CR as one on the day I applied, and the other on the following day.
Could you please comment on whether the Chase Ink Bold was your first business card? Wondering if you already have a business credit line, the pull will still be consolidated with personal.

Great idea for a thread! Unfortunately, I don't have too much to add except 2 Citi AAs (NYC, Equifax, 1 pull, October 2011). I believe that one has been very widely known for its ability to be consolidated.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Lender: American Express
Cards: Gold Business, SPG Business, and Delta SkyMiles Business (3 business cards)
Approved: Instant approval for two, declined for Delta SkyMiles Business
Date: Nov 2011

I was told that Amex only permits approval of 2 cards within a 90 day period.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Lender: Barclays
Cards: US Airways and Travelocity (2 personal cards)
Approved: Instant approval for US Airways, Travelocity card took 10 full days for approval.
Inquiries: 2

This result surprised me. I thought the 2 personal applications from Barclays would be combined. It also seems funny that one would be an instant approval and the other would take 10 full days. Makes me curious about how their underwriting processes are managed.

Last edited by TheManofaThousandPlaces; Nov 14, 2011 at 12:23 pm
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
I posted this in the Marriott Credit card thread on milesbuzz - thought it would be appropriate here too:

UPDATE:

Having applied and received in August the Chase Sapphire Card (50,000 points), I applied last week for the Marriott Card and one minute later, applied for the Chase Freedom Card (30,000 points).

I also hold 2 other cards with Chase (Continental and Amtrak).

Marriott Card approved within 24 hours (I saw it on my Chase online account).

Yesterday received letter from Chase, declined for Freedom card.

Called reconsideration line - very nice and fast - they took $5000 from my Continental Card and approved the new Freedom card.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Cards: ThankYou Preferred and ThankYou Premier (2 personal cards)
Approved: Instant approval for the Preferred, Declined for the Premier
Inquiries: 2

Despite submitting these applications nearly simultaneously in separate browsers, I was declined for the Premier card based on too many previous inquiries.

Last edited by TheManofaThousandPlaces; Nov 14, 2011 at 11:53 pm
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by TheManofaThousandPlaces
It seems there ought to be a master thread where people can post their experiences submitting multiple applications to a lender on the same day. The purpose would be primarily to determine which lenders will approve more than one application at a time. I suggest including the following additional information:
I read from your thread in Milesbuzz that you applied for the BofA Hawaiian Airlines and the BofA Alaska Air credit card in your recent application spree. How did that turn out for you? I am considering these two cards in my next churn. I haven't seen a lot of data points on two applications on the same day for BofA.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jstn
I read from your thread in Milesbuzz that you applied for the BofA Hawaiian Airlines and the BofA Alaska Air credit card in your recent application spree. How did that turn out for you? I am considering these two cards in my next churn. I haven't seen a lot of data points on two applications on the same day for BofA.

Thanks for the reminder to post that info!

Lender: Bank of America
Cards: Hawaiian Airlines and Alaska Airlines (2 personal cards)
Approved: Called application status line several hours after applying and confirmed approval for both over the phone

I also applied for the Bank of Hawaii / Hawaiian Airlines card at the same time. The application process for this card is handled by the same group that handles the Bank of America cards. So, I was able to confirm three card approvals on one phone call. The BoH application shows up as a separate inquiry on my credit report.

The agent asked a couple questions about why I would apply for two cards at the same time. I simply explained that I was planning a family trip to Hawaii and wanted to maximize my miles earning potential (Alaska has good availability to Hawaii from the west coast).
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Cards: Priority Club (personal) and Ink Bold (business)
Approved: Both (after grueling phone calls from a representative for each card)
Inquires: 2

Last edited by TheManofaThousandPlaces; Nov 14, 2011 at 11:54 pm
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by xrl789
Could you please comment on whether the Chase Ink Bold was your first business card? Wondering if you already have a business credit line, the pull will still be consolidated with personal.
Ink Bold was not my first business card with Chase, pull is still personal.
And as a side note, one cannot move credit line from a business card to a personal card either to open a new card or just to reallocated your credit line. They keep both lines separate, whereas business-to-business and personal-to-personal reallocation is not a problem.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA, BA, WN CP, CO, AK, LH, DL, UA, VS, SPG, IHG, Hyatt, Hilton, Carlson, Fairmont Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by pcharles
And as a side note, one cannot move credit line from a business card to a personal card either to open a new card or just to reallocated your credit line. They keep both lines separate, whereas business-to-business and personal-to-personal reallocation is not a problem.
I just moved Chase credit line from a BA Personal card to a new SWA business card (my first business card with Chase).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.