Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help needed - award booking Washington DC to Malaga Airport (AGP) Spain

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Help needed - award booking Washington DC to Malaga Airport (AGP) Spain

Hey experts thanks in advance for your travel advice. I need to travel from Washington DC to Malaga (AGP) Spain on January 6-13. I am having some trouble with award booking and wanted to see if anyone had any advice on how best to route this trip and what carrier(s) to use.

The only thing I can find right now is on American metal DC-JFK-MAD-AGP same return. The cost is 90k miles and the tickets are retailing for $900. I know the redemption cost is not great but I do not want to lay out the cash for the tickets. I would rather save the miles and fly coach but would be open to a higher class if the mile cost is nominal.

My dates are not flexible unfortunately.

My current mile balances are:
American: 125k
United: 157k
Delta: 84k
USAir: 57k

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all your help in advance.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:28 pm

According to Aeroplan, you can get flights on those dates with 60K UA miles routing IAD-FRA-AGP (all on LH) and back AGP-BCN-FRA-IAD on your dates. Of course, UA may claim a different story re: availability when you call, (hooray for *net!). You may also consider using UA miles over and AA miles back, I saw that AA had saver availability from MAD on the 13th, though if you're starting in AGP it looks like a triple connection or overnight. On the plus side, it's only 20K AA miles oneway, but you'd have to call to confirm availability on the AGP-MAD segment on IB, or book that separately. I didn't check DL.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 6:57 pm

I got IAD-FRA-AGP on Lufty on 1/6 and return AGP-BCN-VIE-IAD on Spanair/Austrian in business for 100K miles. Transfer your United miles to Contiental and then book on CO.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.