Wiki Posts
Search

Verizon/PriorityClub (IHG): $5 for 5300 PC -- 0.094 CPM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP
Verizon/PriorityClub (IHG): $5 for 5300 PC -- 0.094 CPM

This new offer from Cartera/Verizon/Priority Club is proof that the other AA offer was not a mistake plus it's a new opportunity. Time to buy some more hockey puck chargers!
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by HansGolden
This new offer from Cartera/Verizon/Priority Club is proof that the other AA offer was not a mistake plus it's a new opportunity. Time to buy some more hockey puck chargers!
Yep. I'm in for a couple of the verizon charges. I think a slightly harder case for them to make here that this is an "obvious" mistake.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Man, I can't go through this again. Anyone think this is legit and we'll actually get our points on this one?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:10 pm

Is this one likely to be cancelled like the last one?

**edit

Is this 5300 per charger? Or 5300 per order? I read this as 5300 per order.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
It's not clear if that's 5300 PER charger or PER order. The redirect link seemed to indicate PER order. It also says "eligible only on new service contracts. Accessory purchases and contract upgrades are not eligible."

So sounds like you MUST buy a phone on a new contract to get the points..PER ORDER.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by factory81
Is this one likely to be cancelled like the last one?
Who knows? I didn't get in on last one so I'm not as exhausted. That said, even with the other some people recieved offers of points so I don't think it's a lost cause.

Last edited by Yinzer; Aug 13, 2011 at 9:29 pm
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Verizon screws up again? Supposed to be 5300 for a new phone & service. Good luck getting the points.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:19 pm

I ordered one because I read this promo as being 5300 per order.

If Verizon sees one guy with 12 orders for the same product it will attract attention.

Plus @ 5.27 shipped I can't say I am out much if this doesn't work. If this turns out to be 5300 per charger I might buy half a dozen or more.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Verizon screws up again? Supposed to be 5300 for a new phone & service. Good luck getting the points.
I read that too kind of, but then again the ad leads you to believe otherwise. So I think we should get our 5300 points obviously.

If this goes through I will have about 95000 Priority Club points.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I would not buy this. They have the T&C's on the jump page that states the miles are not for accessories, etc. Easily missed, but there. I"m no fan of whoever is listing the items with points they have no intention of giving for the purchase, but in this case it is more apparent that the item does not qualify for points than in the last puck-fest.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by redreeper
I would not buy this. They have the T&C's on the jump page that states the miles are not for accessories, etc. Easily missed, but there. I"m no fan of whoever is listing the items with points they have no intention of giving for the purchase, but in this case it is more apparent that the item does not qualify for points than in the last puck-fest.
Yeah I just did a pretend order again and seen the T&C jump page and that page would strongly suggest that these orders will not work.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:28 pm

You might be right redreeper. At the least though I'd imagine that the collective weight of FT'ers and others will put an end to this practice. I have no doubt a lot of people have previously bought items believing they'd get points they never recieved. This isn't just for the puck, it's listed next to much more expensive batteries and associated items. Completely dishonest marketing that seems almost intended to trick people making purchases through a site you'd only use TO get points. IHG bears some responsibility for that as well.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
I got excited about this but find the presentation of the bonus miles much sketchier than the AA offer. This offer displays the accessory qualification while processing the move to the Verizon site, while the AA one hid such info behind links that only the most suspicious would have clicked. That said, the Priority Club link through did not display in enough time for me to read without launching the link 4 times, while the AA one required clicking links that one would rarely, if ever, investigate when making an online purchase. Buying stuff on line ought not require an individual to have a law degree or speed-reading skills in order to get seemingly promised bonuses. Also, the jackasses running these mileage shopping zoos should not be rewarded for bait-and-switch tactics cloaked in ........ legalese.

Last edited by abitlost; Aug 13, 2011 at 9:56 pm
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
surely we can find something cheaper than $4.95
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
surely we can find something cheaper than $4.95
We did on AA ($3), but I think they're sold out now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.