Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Verizon/PriorityClub (IHG): $5 for 5300 PC -- 0.094 CPM

Verizon/PriorityClub (IHG): $5 for 5300 PC -- 0.094 CPM

Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
what email address did you send your message to?

I sent one to the generic one listed on the website and I got a canned response back several days later telling me that i need to wait the full amount of time for the points to post and to contact them again if they don't post after that time period.

Is that a 500 point bonus per item or just 500 points no matter how many you ordered?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
what email address did you send your message to?

I sent one to the generic one listed on the website and I got a canned response back several days later telling me that i need to wait the full amount of time for the points to post and to contact them again if they don't post after that time period.

Is that a 500 point bonus per item or just 500 points no matter how many you ordered?
I have no idea if it's per item or not. As with the Delta situation I sent emails to everyone I could think of. Since I have no way of knowing which one resonated my suggestion would be to contact the email I got a reply from- which seems to be Cartera generic customer support, [email protected] Hope that helps.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:46 pm

The points have now posted to my account.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
quoting the letter posted earlier, I just MAILED this along with printouts of all my PDFs on what I bought:

September 20, 2011

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, MA 02421
Attn: Customer Support.

To whom it may concern,

I received your letter pasted below and I am including full PDF printouts of screen shots of my orders including my receipts for items purchased. My Priority Club number is: XXXXXXXXXXXX.

1) I bought and I intend to KEEP my items.
Your language, “… may have encouraged you to buy an accessory you did not need or intend to keep” is presumptuous at best. I do not appreciate it one bit. Yes, your ad encouraged me to buy—that I DO have a problem with. I may have bought elsewhere had I known you would retract your offer as some sort of mistake later on. So sad. I think your company should fire the people who put forth those ads. I have come to find that with online shopping malls that your company handles, many of the ads are designed in this way and you really need to get some people working there to do a little thing I call PROOFREADING on all the website ads before they go out! Otherwise, you are either hiring inept workers or you are acting as though you are just some sort of giant rebate scam entity.

2) Your claim that terms and conditions existed would be better supported if you actually enabled those T&Cs to be more clearly obtained and noted on the web site offers you put out onto the public domain. With a print ad one only has so much space to work with. With TV ads or radio ads, there’s the matter of time to get the message out. But with the web, you and your client can and SHOULD put everything and anything about the ad and its terms in plain view. No reason not to unless you are trying to gyp people. Your terms and conditions section should have been a big bold line of clickable text that would not navigate one away from the purchase page or time them out, and it should have actually said something like: THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT EARN REWARDS – SEE FULL T&Cs HERE!

3) While I can now almost fathom the theory that the 5,300 PC points per purchase was a mistake points offer, my question is: Why were the products I bought even listed ON a rewards site in the first place if they don’t earn any rewards—amount big or small? I would hope that your client now no longer lists ANY products on your reward site UNLESS they earn points and that going forward you address all of the concerns I shared with you above. I actually applied for a position at your company and nothing came of it. I think I would be helpful in these areas but no one seems to want to even discuss with me what I could offer or why that would be. All this tells me is that sadly, your company did in fact plan this gig to generate future sales. I would love to be shown I was wrong about that. This letter in no way nullifies any further effort by me to seek further claims on this or other Cartera mall mistake offers, nor does it nullify or prevent any future attempts to gain employment with your company.

Sincerely,

MM
Old Dec 3, 2011, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had to mail and email complete requests for the PC 500 customer care points and have not yet gotten them.

But I just now finally got this:

- Wells Fargo Case 000XXXXX [ ref:00XXXXXXXXXX:ref ]

Customer Care

TO:
MM

Friday, December 2, 2011 1:28 PM

Hello MM,

In regards to your IHG Verizon bonus miles, IHG Priority Club was notified immediately to post the miles to your account because for this client we cannot do manual adjustments. Unfortunately they have not posted these as of yet. We have been in constant communication with them to try to get these posted as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Petra

Hmmm seems Cartera CAN do manual mileage adjustments if necessary though - on other things, that is.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PC has now posted my 500

It took that email from Cartera to get it done.
Only 3 months late!

5 Dec 2011 PC MALL-ONLINE PURCHASE 500 pts

but done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.