Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 4:19 am

I really don't understand why Chase drags their feet in sending cards out. Amex, for example, typically sends out cards by overnight express mail so that it's in the customer's hands within a few short days after applying. After all their delay costs them money in opportunity cost!
Old May 19, 2011, 10:33 am

Anybody tried mint coints pruchase on Chase BA card? Does is still work and counts as a purcahse?

Thank you
Old May 19, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: AA, BA
Ordered May 5th got my card yesterday, may 18th. Took them a while to get it to me but I am enrolled in the 100k promo. Next is to get the spend limit and pay it off by the end of my 1st statement cycle.
Old May 19, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Fee waived?

So the bill isn't due until the fourth of june, But the card is here and on my account it doesn't show the $95!
Will it tack it on later or did I luck out?
Old May 19, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Originally Posted by cochino_BA
Ordered May 5th got my card yesterday, may 18th. Took them a while to get it to me but I am enrolled in the 100k promo. Next is to get the spend limit and pay it off by the end of my 1st statement cycle.
You should feel fortunate. I applied on May 3rd and haven't received anything yet. I did notice that the new CC was added to my Chase account on 5/16/2011.
Old May 19, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA, BA
Originally Posted by lrluis
You should feel fortunate. I applied on May 3rd and haven't received anything yet. I did notice that the new CC was added to my Chase account on 5/16/2011.
Yea it felt surreal when I first got it. The first mile promo of my life, its just as good as everyone said it would be, haha.

But in all seriousness. It did take quite a few phone calls to chase CSR to get my card. Every time I would call there would be a different story, its approved, no it hadn't been approved yet, its in the mail it will be mailed shorty. Even after requesting expedited shipping with UPS I called 2 days later, the day it was delivered, and they still said it would arrive in 7-10 days.

So apparently chase CSR are not communicating with each other or at least not checking my case report properly.

I can not complain though. I am just glad to have the chance to earn 100k miles which are HUGELY important for me. Thanks BA.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
How long did it take for the miles to post to your guys's account?

I've had the card for 2 and a half weeks now and still no miles

Oh and yea, I have completed my first purchase.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lakers6902
How long did it take for the miles to post to your guys's account?

I've had the card for 2 and a half weeks now and still no miles

Oh and yea, I have completed my first purchase.
same here ... no miles have posted
Old May 19, 2011, 11:35 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Just ask to expedite your card...

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
I really don't understand why Chase drags their feet in sending cards out. Amex, for example, typically sends out cards by overnight express mail so that it's in the customer's hands within a few short days after applying. After all their delay costs them money in opportunity cost!
After getting approved, just ask them to expedite the card (you can get it in 1 to 2 business days). I did that a week and a half ago and have received my card, made first purchases, called later to change statement date, and within 2 days, saw my 50000 miles plus 1st statement miles.

FYI I have successfully gotten Chase and AMEX to expedite cards. They want your business and if they believe they can get more of it by rushing out a card, they will. If the first rep doesn't help, thank them and call again or ask to speak to a supervisor...
Old May 19, 2011, 11:39 pm

My first charge was 10 days ago and still no miles, I'm anxiously waiting.
Old May 20, 2011, 2:28 am

i didn't have any miles post until after my first statement passed.
Old May 20, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
I was under the assumption that the miles transfer a couple weeks after your first payment.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by kingdomofpeace
I was under the assumption that the miles transfer a couple weeks after your first payment.
The miles post a few days after your statement CLOSE date. They do not get transferred before that unless you ask to change your statement close date sooner. The miles do not get deposited just because you've made a purchase or a payment. I hope this helps clears up the confusion everyone is having about why their miles haven't been transferred immediately.
Old May 20, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
No Executive Club #

Did anyone receive a British Airways Visa Signature card without an Executive Club #?

I applied on 5/3/2011 and FINALLY got my card today. I called to activate my card and the CSR on the other end confirmed that I would be getting 100K miles after spending $2,500 in the first 90 days. Awesome, right?

Well ... I then asked why my Executive Club # wasn't printed on my credit card. He was stumped and couldn't tell me why. I wasn't giving him a tough time, just being inquisitive, and he started to stutter. Rhetorical Question: How can you tell folks they'd be getting miles if there was nothing to link the miles to? Incredible. He didn't even help me add my FF # to my account. Instead, he gave me the BA number to call. BA was closed.

I've been pretty loyal to Chase over the years, but I can no longer say they offer good service. I actually THOUGHT about keeping this card, but looks like I'll be cancelling it before the year's up.
Old May 21, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: AA
I had instant approval on may 5, but still have not recieved the card... keep getting ba exec club emails though.
Should I call (and what # to call?) or do I wait?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.