Wiki Posts
Search

Today Only: 25k Delta bonus miles for $500 Skymall purchase

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
Today Only: 25k Delta bonus miles for $500 Skymall purchase

Got the email this morning, and saw it's already been mentioned in the Delta forum. Seems like a big enough deal to post here, too.

Terms and Conditions:
Offer valid only for purchases made at www.skymall.com/25000. Offer expires at 11:59 PM, MST. Not all merchants participate in discounts or promotions. Excluded items and vendors are noted on the product page. Not valid on previous purchases or purchases made after the expiration day and time. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount or offer. Not valid on gift cards. Void where prohibited. SkyMall reserves the right to limit quantities or refuse orders. All discounts and offers are available to customers paying USD (US dollars) only.

Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for SkyMiles to be posted to your account. Miles will only be credited on orders placed at www.skymall.com/25000. To be awarded 25,000 miles, the $500 limit must be made on merchandise excluding tax and delivery. Miles will not be credited for cancelled orders or items returned to merchant. Pre-orders and backorders are not subject to award until products are shipped by merchant.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I guess that's good if you really want something from SkyMall and can't find something cheaper anywhere else. But otherwise, DL bonus miles for 2cpm? No thanks.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
I guess that's good if you really want something from SkyMall and can't find something cheaper anywhere else. But otherwise, DL bonus miles for 2cpm? No thanks.
Agreed...if you are about to make a purchase around that amount, see if it's available through skymall for around the same price...only then will the skypesos be worth it.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Your 2cpm calculation is way off. Anything you buy is going to have a retail value of $500 and a resale value of that or close to it. (Assuming it's something you weren't planning on purchasing for yourself anyway.)

Example: You buy an item with retail value of $500 resell on ebay for $400. You have now spent $100 or .004cpm. (Not including the miles gained for actual purchase price.)

Last edited by mlad1101; Aug 31, 2010 at 10:46 am
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:40 am
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
Originally Posted by mlad1101
Your 2cpm calculation is way off. Anything you buy is going to have a retail value of $500 and a resale value of that or close to it. (Assuming it's something you weren't planning on purchasing for yourself anyway.)

Example: You buy an item with retail value of $500 resell on ebay for $400. You have now spent $100 or .04cpm. (Not including the miles gained for actual purchase price.)
You mean 0.004 ?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:44 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
anybody found something worth buying and then selling?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ls
You mean 0.004 ?
Yes, didn't notice only put one 0.

Im looking at the digital cameras now, electronics usually have good resale value new in box.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by mlad1101
Yes, didn't notice only put one 0.

Im looking at the digital cameras now, electronics usually have good resale value new in box.
Just make sure you know your prices. A $750 Camcorder I was looking at on skymall, retails as low as $539 in some reputable stores. I'm sure there are some good deals (reasonable prices with decent resale opportunities) out there.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
whats the skymall return policy?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:07 am
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
+9% tax+$21 shipping here..
I will pass..

let's share something not too overpriced. My findings:

garmin 265W gps $149.99

Canon 10x30 IS binoculars (backordered) $399.99
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:12 am

It's an online store with NOTHING but Junk. They wouldn't need to give out 25K miles if it wasn't all junk! And overpriced too.

And buying something to sell for less on ebay is a lot of work for 25K Skymiles, but YMMV.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
Now if this was for prob another airline prob. Try and do it then sell at lost but not for delta...
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:57 am

wouldnt it be possible to buy the item at skymall, then use the price matching service for your CC company (i.e. Amex) to recoup the difference between the prices.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
This is a pretty good deal if there's something out there you actually need.

Figure something listing for $500 on Skymall probably has a FMV of maybe $300-350. Would you buy Skymiles for a little under a penny apiece?

Is the Amex price-matching feature really that easy? It seems like every single item that Skymall sells would be subject to a massive after-sale discount.

Is there any gift card (or similar) angle available?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
If they were DL or CO miles, I'd probably buy something. I looked through about 20 different vendors, and didn't see anything interesting enough. Most vendors that I would buy from (Home Depot, etc), are not participating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.