[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA, CO, AA
i still dont understand where the 100k offer is...
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Has anyone seen the 75K or 50K+50K offer, but with an extended application deadline?

I last applied for all 3 cards 62 days ago, got the personal cards, but not the business. Was told by the CSR that the personal cards prevented my application from even been accepted on the business app (i.e. credit wasn't even pulled), and, I could try again in 60 days. Of course all other information says I have to wait 90 days, lest I try again I reset that counter.

If there's no indication of extended deadline, I'm just going to apply again for the business card in a couple of hours, however, if before that time, there appears a new offer page with a date beyond Oct 31, I'll hold off and use the new offer page at a later date.

Not interested in any other offers (i.e. the 50K + 25K +25K or the 50K only).

Hope everyone else has had fun with this promotion.
YMMV. But I was in similar sit and tried for biz before 90 days had elapsed and was shot down. Supv told me it is 90 days between biz. I didn't ask that's what she said. Previously another supv had looked at my earlier biz app and told me not to apply bec I needed to wait until 11/2 or 11/4 (which was 90 days from biz app), I went for it bec willing to chance the credit hit, but if you are more concerned then don't apply. And if another deal comes up I need to wait the 90 from a few days ago.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
The real question is then:

1. Has anyone been denied the 100k when applying through the 100k link? (not simply a denial of the cc)

2. Is it then safer to go for only the 75k cards, which have the offer (page) documented?
Multiple people probably over a few doz on this long thread.

in fact the top post you quoted, the poster has posted he went for the 100K offer and already had the bonuses posted. he has mentioned that multiple times.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you dont read the thread and not even appreciate others' efforts trying to help you, then shame on you.

pawtim gave you the correct answer. There is never a 100K offer landing page to be found. This Question has been asked at least 50 times or more before yours, and been answered as many times as well.

It is truly a SHAME that people dont read the first page, because post No.8 has already explained there is NO landing page for the 100K. It is precisely why this thread becomes so long because people dont bother to read before posting their questions, even being point to the right direction!

Double Shame on people who even have the nerveto be so rude to others who try to help.

Originally Posted by Danger Man
pawtim, if you don't know the answer it is best not to say anything.

The answer to my question is NOT in post #2. I asked for a link to the offer page. That is a page that describes the terms on a CITI website and provides a link to the application. By printing out the T&C's and/or the offer page, you can protect yourself from their conveniently forgetting that the offer of 50k more after the 10k in spend. The person that posted the application links was doing us a favor for the application. Now what we need is a copy of the offer page or the t&c's that say they will honor the posted terms. Citi will NOT accept a flyertalk post #2 as proof of their offer.

You're right, these very long threads would be much much shorter if there weren't so many smart remarks that have nothing to do with the question asked!

Last edited by Happy; Oct 31, 2010 at 7:55 pm
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I agree Happy,

And then I had also posted my real time experience with the promo whereas the Visa Card my wife got has already posted 50k of the miles because she spent over $750 right away. And somehow this isn't enough evidence to the fact that obtaining that card would get you the miles?

10/15/10 CITICARD BONUS MILES 50,000
10/15/10 CITIBANK SIGNATURE CARD PURCH 5,009
Total Miles Posted 5,009 50,000 55,009
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I agree Happy,

And then I had also posted my real time experience with the promo whereas the Visa Card my wife got has already posted 50k of the miles because she spent over $750 right away. And somehow this isn't enough evidence to the fact that obtaining that card would get you the miles?

Cool. How long is this offer good for?
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Marathon Man,

Apparently your post to attest that the 100K link works was right after this Danger Man guy's post as a DIRECT, AFFIRMATIVE reply to his question. Yet obviously this passes his reading and then went on to be so rude to pawtim in Post 2667. The sequences are quoted below. Since this thread is already this long and the offers expiring, I dont feel guilty to add a few more posts to clarify the scenario.

This is truly amazing - how people can be so rude and so unfair.

Originally Posted by Danger Man
Post 2652 Is there a link to show the offer or terms that say how you earn the 100k on the three 100k offers?
Post 2653 I helped my wife apply for the 100k AA citi visa. While nothing I saw has the terms, I can attest to the fact that after spending the first $750+ in a month, my wife's first 50k AA miles have already shown up.
Originally Posted by pawtim
Post 2654 It's helpful to at least read the first few and last few pages of a thread, if you're not going read the whole thing. Your question has been asked and answered many times. These very long threads would be much much shorter if there weren't so much repetition.

The answer to your question can be found in post number 2.
I agree Happy,

Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:03 pm

I have few AA Citi cards. last time received one was like 10 month ago. I have applied in July for all 3. Received NO- its only for first time customers. Just applied today. Was instantly approved for personal Visa. For other two - NO - multiple credit applications.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Cool. How long is this offer good for?
technically, I think just under 2hrs from right now... if they work on EST time.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr.../?sms_ss=email

leads you to the personal Visa here:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001

Originally Posted by Happy
Marathon Man,

Apparently your post to attest that the 100K link works was right after this Danger Man guy's post as a DIRECT, AFFIRMATIVE reply to his question. Yet obviously this passes his reading and then went on to be so rude to pawtim. The sequences are quoted below. Since this thread is already this long and the offers expiring, I dont feel guilty to add a few more posts to clarify the scenario.

This is truly amazing - how people can be so rude and so unfair.
Oh I know... and that gets me too, Happy.

I guess this place is full of all types. There are many good posters--new and not so new--but when ya get a bad apple here and there--and lately I have seen one in every thread!--it really kinda ruins the whole idea. Oh well. We carry on! (And this is why people whine about people not sharing?)

Originally Posted by ordua
I have few AA Citi cards. last time received one was like 10 month ago. I have applied in July for all 3. Received NO- its only for first time customers. Just applied today. Was instantly approved for personal Visa. For other two - NO - multiple credit applications.
Congrats! YOu also win an extra 10k miles for being one of the last ones!
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, actually they sort of do, at least if you use it: If you use it at all, the miles from it post to AA as Citi card miles, so it's easy for AA to spot that you've used a Citi card within the last few months if they just peruse your partner mileage earning.

Of course, that requires them to peruse your partner mileage eaning (which the people in AA Marketing may or may not be able to do), doesn't show anything if you still have a card but haven't used it recently enough, and I don't know whether it distinguishes between Business and Personal cards (and the "first time" aspect is kept separate for Personal and Business cards, so they would have to know that to weed out the "wrong" kind of offers for you).
You are making things more complicated than the actual working.

All AA supplies to Citi is a list of AAdvantage members' names based on some criteria Citi defined, or not even that. Then Citi sent out its marketing mailing on the card invitations. The obvious is, there are CHILDREN who have AAdvantage memberships got the invitations. This happens all the time. Or, one can receive multiple invitations of different kinds of offers. I have received AAMEX offers ranging from 10K to 50K for example.

There is very little filtering based on common sense.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ordua
Good for you! My old cards were Nov 09 and was still denied by first timer only reason.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Good for you! My old cards were Nov 09 and was still denied by first timer only reason.
Yeah you and I both know why they hate us so... And I recently wrote to Citi and stuffed a copy of my credit report in there to further illustrate there's no blemishes whatsoever (other than the multitude of old closed citi cards ) No word back yet but maybe I will find out more.

Anyway, I just realized I SHOULD have applied for my wife to get one more of those 100k cards and so I just submitted the app for her online not 5 mins ago. It gave the "Application received" message, and who knows if she'll get it or not, but I had to try, eh?

We shall see. It's not yet Nov 1

I'm also rather surprised that fewer trick or treaters came 'round this year. I have a bucket load of candy and even my kids didn't have as much as usual.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:36 pm

It kills me that a long-time customers gets punished (denied the 100k offer) just for being a long-time customer! (11+ years of Citi mastercard). Yes, a little churning but nothing like what I've read about here! And nothing close to what could be earned with these 3 new cards.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: No preference

I'm also rather surprised that fewer trick or treaters came 'round this year. I have a bucket load of candy and even my kids didn't have as much as usual.
Seriously, I sadly had to dress up like an avatar to appease my wife and we've mad maybe 10 people stop by the house. Very sad ... I'm still wearing the long hair wig.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrgg
It kills me that a long-time customers gets punished (denied the 100k offer) just for being a long-time customer! (11+ years of Citi mastercard). Yes, a little churning but nothing like what I've read about here! And nothing close to what could be earned with these 3 new cards.
Not only that, the cut-off seems totally random because there are others who are able to get the cards despite being customers in the past as recently as 8-10 months ago.

The sheer randomness is astonishing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.