Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: KUL to YYZ/YVR in Business Class from 525 USD++ (o/w)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) DL: KUL to YYZ/YVR in Business Class from 525 USD++ (o/w)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by werldporks
Malaysia Airlines claim that they'll price-match any biz itinerary .
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/MHStimulus/terms.html

so if you find the dates you want on the Deltacious KUL-YYZ but you don't care for the routing or the connection times. fly it on MH
That's a very interesting point. I wonder how that would work with this fare, though, since MH don't fly to Canada at all.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
MH does not belong to an alliance, though.
True, but MH does have a rather nice C class product KUL-NRT, and you can earn RDM in Worldperks.

I booked KUL MH x/NRT DL x/ATL DL YYZ. What I loose in EQM KUL-NRT I make up for with the 3x EQM NRT-ATL (throwing away ATL-YYZ). $695.50 all-in.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
True, but MH does have a rather nice C class product KUL-NRT, and you can earn RDM in Worldperks.
Very true. I have also heard wonderful things about MH and considered flying them from KUL-ARN last fall during during a great sale they were running.

The reason for my comment above was that some FTers may not be aware that no status miles may be earned when flying MH.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:10 am

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Very true. I have also heard wonderful things about MH and considered flying them from KUL-ARN last fall during during a great sale they were running.
Yes, and the lounge in KUL is VERY nice.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:03 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by abhinava
Thanks to the OP I can get home from CMB in comfort. UA and even NW have jumped considerably from CMB. And a few days in KL should be fun. However, I cannot get an SQ leg to show up so all the way on KE. Any advice appreciated!
Ah, so I wasn't the only one who needed a good way home from CMB. This was a stunning find....now the question is do I want to try and add a return back YVR-KUL....at this fare, fully changeable, it's hard to resist....
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:23 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
However, I cannot get an SQ leg to show up so all the way on KE. Any advice appreciated!
Get a good travel agent to do it for you.

<example removed>

Last edited by Gnopps; Apr 22, 2009 at 6:42 am
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Get a good travel agent to do it for you.

<example removed>
You example was available on exp, and If you tweak the segment time and dates you can do KUL-SIN force overnight and take the 77W the next morning, otherwise it will be 772 spacebed or possible regional C.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Ah, so I wasn't the only one who needed a good way home from CMB. This was a stunning find....now the question is do I want to try and add a return back YVR-KUL....at this fare, fully changeable, it's hard to resist....
Just booked : there and back on KE and AIr Alaska (all transferrable to my Flying Blue) for 980 Euros. Absolutely amazing. I've added on First class MRU to KUL on Emirates (going for 1100 euros at the moment). All in all a great holiday at a great price.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, SPG Gold,NW GE
Smile

Thanks for the forced overnight tip. Now I am KUL-(MH)-SIN-(SQ)-ICN-etc.
SQ 77W came in as a US codeshare!
Speedy cancelled and fully refunded my original booking with no problems. But would not confirm that return dates on tix would be changeable without penalty.
Any opinions on change fees?? Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Speedy cancelled and fully refunded my original booking with no problems. But would not confirm that return dates on tix would be changeable without penalty.
Any opinions on change fees?? Thanks
Great, so you called Expedia and canceled. Way to go! If by some miracle DL had so far missed this, they're sure to find it now.

Last edited by alanw; Apr 22, 2009 at 2:00 pm
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:10 pm

Right. Do NOT Call anybody... not even your grandma.

Last edited by pr0digy25; Apr 22, 2009 at 1:46 pm
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a reminder:

Do Not Call.

At least not until the fare is dead. Then you should wait for two weeks for the dust to settle!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:49 pm

Where can i book the SQ segments ? Thanks for answers What shoud i put in Oneway?Multisegment ?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:49 pm

edited: question answered.

Last edited by nigelloring; Apr 22, 2009 at 9:47 pm
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is in the fare rules:

CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED.
There is no airlines penalty, however, your booking source may charge you a service fee. For example, Orbi has a $10.99 non-refundable fee.@:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.