Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) DL: KUL to YYZ/YVR in Business Class from 525 USD++ (o/w)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) DL: KUL to YYZ/YVR in Business Class from 525 USD++ (o/w)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Booking confirmed for $921.50!

Last edited by MatthewLAX; Apr 24, 2009 at 4:22 pm
Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Booking confirmed for $921.50!
hello Matthew!

AC on final sector?

Cheers

Last edited by E3A-Sentry; Apr 25, 2009 at 2:38 pm Reason: quote updated per edit in preceding post
Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Originally Posted by boggs
You can make one-way awards with BMI and fly in style one-way C for the price of roundtrip Y
In fact one-way C is 75% of roundtrip Y, so even better.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, National EE
Can you guys please be discrete when discussing about the KUL-YVR fare via Kangaroo land because it is precisely this kind of open discussion that hastens the process of fare being pulled as it is actually in violation of the fare rule if you scrutinize the rules carefully. Even though the booking engine allows you to ticket it, it doesn't mean that all is fine. Its just that the the GDS and booking system doesn't check for that provision. Buts its clearly written in the fare rules via the North Pacific.

Help each other by not doing illegal routings that cause the fare to be pulled
Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by E3A-Sentry
hello Matthew,

AA or AC?

Cheers
AA.

AC available for $50 more.

Last edited by MatthewLAX; Apr 25, 2009 at 3:07 pm
Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
So if I wanted to pick dates where enroute winds generally favor more southerly oceanic tracks which dates should I investigate?

Or, failing that, how to at least stay off of KE metal on a NOPAC crossing? CI/KE metal are dealbreakers for me.

Would appreciate any advice by PM.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:07 pm

Programs: AP, UA, AA
Originally Posted by nSIAder
Thanks for the whale jet info. ^
Read INSIADERS (nSIAder) PROFILE ..Location Is Changi and is a Comptroller.
As far as i know Changi is the airport in Singapore.

Last edited by Raffles longhaul; Apr 24, 2009 at 5:27 pm
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:20 pm
jhm

Those with illegal routings who've been so clever to post the full details may be spoiling it not only for others but also for themselves if they get denied boarding. Look what happened in the past to some of those on the CMB fares...
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by jhm
Those with illegal routings who've been so clever to post the full details may be spoiling it not only for others but also for themselves if they get denied boarding. Look what happened in the past to some of those on the CMB fares...
Well full details, partial details or no details posted at all the routing is what it is. Posting or not posting the details here isn't going to change whether the ticketed routing is "illegal" or not.

So let's say an "illegal" routing was successfully ticketed. Wouldn't the airline's only recourse be to send a debit memo to the agency that made the booking?
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:35 pm
jhm

Originally Posted by Herb687
Well full details, partial details or no details posted at all the routing is what it is. Posting or not posting the details here isn't going to change whether the ticketed routing is "illegal" or not.
Posting the details will draw attention to it. The more attention drawn to it, the more likely that the airlines will notice and react.

Originally Posted by Herb687
So let's say an "illegal" routing was successfully ticketed. Wouldn't the airline's only recourse be to send a debit memo to the agency that made the booking?
No. They can deny you boarding. You might have a claim against Expedia/your TA/etc but not much help if you're at the airport trying to check-in for your flight. A real example from a rather long e-mail to me:

She then told me that she has to call up head office first because the ... flight which I booked initially is a ... code share which does not exist anymore and she has to find out if I can fly with ... now. She told me to sit and wait. She went off with my paper tix to another area. She disappeared for at least 45 minutes I think. I just stood around waiting since there are no seats near the counter. In the meantime, at various times, a Mr Y came along to ask for my passport and to provide proof of outbound flight from Sri Lanka. After at least one hour, I went up to Mr Y and asked him what the problem was. He would not meet me in the eye and said to wait, someone will come to speak to you.

Ms X reappeared and told me that head office said my ticket is invalid. It is a “fraudulent” ticket! I asked her how could the ticket be a fraud ? She said it could be "stolen" by me or my TA. I was mad. I told her I paid for it with my credit card (... took the money!) and I travelled on it for all segments up till now so all those airlines should have picked up any problem long ago. She said that's because all the other airlines did not check it. I then told her the tix was issued by ... themselves and I travelled the first segment with ...! She said - true, ... must not have checked the tix.

[...]

I was furious and told her denying me boarding was already a sin IMO and she wanting to compound it further by confiscating my ticket or making a photocopy of it just makes it a bit too much. Anyway, I told her it's no big deal - they can deny me boarding since I can fly out with SQ the next morning (and I did). I must admit I was really furious then, I said a few nasty things and I just stormed off.

The computer print out which Ms X had in her hand which I copied:

Invalid check digit
FVTS […]#CDO
Stock control NBR - Invalid check digit
Confiscate DOC

End of story. Rather exciting. Part of the joy of traveling!
No ADM received by the TA. Simply denied boarding.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Be aware also that since e-ticketing came to play, any airline on any part of the ticket can just simply refuse to fly you on that particular fare. They will simply cancel their segments or ask you to pay the difference.

The problem is harder to dispute when you hold a paper ticket.

You may cry to high heaven about your rights.. but the airline can have any reason not to fly you. SQ in particular is infamous for doing this.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Be aware also that since e-ticketing came to play, any airline on any part of the ticket can just simply refuse to fly you on that particular fare. They will simply cancel their segments or ask you to pay the difference.

The problem is harder to dispute when you hold a paper ticket.

You may cry to high heaven about your rights.. but the airline can have any reason not to fly you. SQ in particular is infamous for doing this.
I'm avoiding SQ for the time, being pleased with what I got. You bring up an interesting point in a paper ticket though. I would have no problem going to the DL counter and paying the paper ticket fee to get one. Problem is, the GA would see the fare and most likely notify someone of it.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
.....I would have no problem going to the DL counter and paying the paper ticket fee to get one. ........
But DL may ask you to go back to your TA as all transactions should go through your TA until you have flown your first segment.@:-)
Old Apr 24, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant
Originally Posted by TerryK
But DL may ask you to go back to your TA as all transactions should go through your TA until you have flown your first segment.@:-)
If your standing at a ticket counter ready to give them money to turn the ticket into paper they aren't going to tell you to call the TA. If you call them to make voluntary changes then they are going to tell you to call the TA or pay them an external ticketing charge for them to do it.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 6:26 pm
jhm

And a TA will refuse to (re)issue you with a paper tix if there's no good reason to do so, e.g. taking BA as an example (although I assume DL is the same):

https://batraveltrade.com/trade/texe...e/public/en_gb

British Airways mandates the use of e-ticket on all itineraries where
e-ticket is available.

If you issue a paper ticket instead of an e-ticket you will incur a £25 fine. The following table lists which type of itineraries are included in the mandate and will attract or be exempt from the £25 ADM fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.