Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

The End of Year Status Run Help Consolidated Request Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The End of Year Status Run Help Consolidated Request Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2004, 6:16 am

Programs: 1K, Hertz Five Star
JC, gleff,

Thanks for the replies. I decided to follow your advice and not chance US being in a generous mood and have ticketed myself on UA (crediting miles to US) flying PIT-IAD-PIT on 12/18 (Saturday) for $96.70 all in. That should put me over the threshold ^
Old Nov 22, 2004, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 2P... just 2P.
Here is my request:

I'm 2P on UA with 21k YTD EQM - would like to maintain my 2P status for my yearly OZ trip in E+.

I would prefer a single day trip out of BDL, but I figure NYC is my best option. I would prefer it to be a work day, but not with a red-eye return (like a transcon), so I can make work the next day. I could do the red-eye return if it was a friday trip. i.e: return the same night if the next day is a work day. Return first thing the next morning if it's a fri/sat. I would like to keep the price under $200. I would prefer a 4 segement return, so I could use the 500 min to achieve my goal without having to travel so long. Destination unimportant.

I don't want to travel over turkey weekend, or the week before Christmas.

I should have jumped on the JFK-ONT when I had the chance.

Thank You in advance if you can help me.

Last edited by rufus102; Nov 22, 2004 at 9:12 am
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:12 am

Programs: CO Plat
Question

I'm looking for CO 11,000 EQMs to make Gold. I can travel from New York 3-6/12, 10-13/12 or 17-20/12.

Happy to spend up to $1,000 but can't figure a single domestic run that would do it, even in 1st. Would like to include London, preferably in VS Premium, but it looks like CO only credits 100% for this class.

Thanks in advance if you have any advice.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:57 am

Programs: Aeropolan Super Elite SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Hello, I am a first year Prestige member of Aeroplan and am trying for Elite Status

I have 18500 Status Miles and need another 16,500.

My home airport is YVR and I am available to travel during the weeks of Dec 6 - 10, 13 - 17. I am looking for inexpensive of course!

thanks
Old Nov 22, 2004, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by penelope
I'm looking for CO 11,000 EQMs to make Gold. I can travel from New York 3-6/12, 10-13/12 or 17-20/12.

Happy to spend up to $1,000 but can't figure a single domestic run that would do it, even in 1st. Would like to include London, preferably in VS Premium, but it looks like CO only credits 100% for this class.

If you don't mind spending a couple of nights in HNL, I found the following, for either leaving 12/3 or 12/10, and returning 12/6 or 12/13:

Fri: EWR-IAH-OGG-HNL
Mon: HNL-OGG-IAH-EWR

Total flight cost: $463.40. Not sure on CO's minimum mileage per segment, but total EQMs should come near 11,000.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 11:47 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by penelope

I was playing with this too, looking to see about 13k miles... but I don't think I'm up for it. That said, I did find a not-too-painful route which would have yielded me about 11k EQM from EWR... Try 12/10-12/11 or 12/11-12/12, multiple cities, ewr->lax->phl (12/10 or 11), phl->lax->ewr (next day). many choices between around $420 and $500. I played with a variety of other choices, but that was the best I found... unfortunately, I need 13k, not 11k, and while worth the $$, I just don't think I have the time. Others have suggested some even more creative routes, but I can't figure out how to book them and get 100%eqm.

One other routing which sometimes yields alot of EQM: sfo-hnl. co.com routes via EWR - I've seen this below $700... for about $900, you can do ewr->sfo->ewr->hnl->ewr->sfo->ewr. phl or zfv are sometimes less, sometimes more.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
$219 for BDL-IAD-LAS or BDL-ORD-LAS same-day turn. That gets you over 4k miles.

Or you mentioned segments, you could do 2 same-day roundtrips, BDL-BWI with a connection each way on US? Prices out @ $118 apiece. I can actually get 7 segments in in a single day for under $200 with this city pair, but every time I insert an 8th I can't seem to hold the price. Haven't worked it much harder.

Originally Posted by rufus102
Here is my request:

I'm 2P on UA with 21k YTD EQM - would like to maintain my 2P status for my yearly OZ trip in E+.

I would prefer a single day trip out of BDL, but I figure NYC is my best option. I would prefer it to be a work day, but not with a red-eye return (like a transcon), so I can make work the next day. I could do the red-eye return if it was a friday trip. i.e: return the same night if the next day is a work day. Return first thing the next morning if it's a fri/sat. I would like to keep the price under $200. I would prefer a 4 segement return, so I could use the 500 min to achieve my goal without having to travel so long. Destination unimportant.

I don't want to travel over turkey weekend, or the week before Christmas.

I should have jumped on the JFK-ONT when I had the chance.

Thank You in advance if you can help me.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 1:18 pm

Year-end MR for LH SEN ex Europe

Ok, here's a tricky one: I'm about 30k miles short of LH SEN (that I would need to do ex-Europe, ideally close to Germany). The best thing I've come up with so far is an LH business fare ATH-NYC with three stops each way (which yields about 33k inlcuding executive bonus) for about EUR 1600.

Any ideas for something cheaper? I'd be more than grateful...
Old Nov 22, 2004, 2:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UAL 1K 2MM, AA Million Mile Gold
I think I put a good MR together. Opinions?

Hi, I'm UA 1P and want to go for 1K. I have 60,156 EQM so far.

I put together these two trips (overlapping):

OGG-LAX-LAS-LAS-OGG (FLYING FISH SAYS 11,944 MILES WITH EQMX2 BONUS
LAX-HKG-LAX (FLYING FISH SAYS 29,044 miles with bonus (hkg has a 3 day turnaround)

So that gives me 40,988 MILES which is just enough to get 1K.

My cost will be ~$1200 plus the cost of 3 nights hotel in HKG.

I can get to LAX at no cost but I live in Maui.

So I figure whenit's all said and done my 1K status will cost me around $1650 based on where I am today.

Any input on that? I don't care where I go and would prefer to just keep flying but a 3 day turn in HKG didn't seem too bad. I considerdd a back to back LAX-HKG-LAX and an overlap of HKG-LAX-HKG but the fares ex-HKG were expensive.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 2P... just 2P.
Originally Posted by gleff
$219 for BDL-IAD-LAS or BDL-ORD-LAS same-day turn. That gets you over 4k miles.

Or you mentioned segments, you could do 2 same-day roundtrips, BDL-BWI with a connection each way on US? Prices out @ $118 apiece. I can actually get 7 segments in in a single day for under $200 with this city pair, but every time I insert an 8th I can't seem to hold the price. Haven't worked it much harder.
Thanks Gleff. I never seem to be able to choose a good partner for BDL.

if you tell me where/how you are doing the 7 segment thing, I will work on it myself. I gather that the best thing is to check the fare rules to look for a valid 8th segment? If you point me, I will attempt to "go"

many thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 2:54 pm

Short 13,342 AA miles

Can fly the last two weeks of December...want to make Exec Plat on AA. Any suggestions. Looking at a flight to Paris that would net me 8306 and I would still be short 5036, but am looking at other options to get the entire 13342. My home city is Chicago. I don't even know if it's possible to get 13342 miles without flying half-way around the world. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 22, 2004, 3:04 pm

Programs: CO/OnePass Platinum, *wood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HiltonHonors Gold, Amex Platinum, Hertz #1CG 5*
What a great thread! My CO/Onepass status is almost at Platinum, would be great to get it the next tier before year end:

1. No. of miles/segments that you have at present. 63,224 EQM

2. How many more miles/segments will it take to reach your goal. 11,776 EQM

3. Where are you are based. Newark/EWR
4. Whether or not there is some place specific that you would really like to go. Mileage run / No preference

5. Dates you are available to travel are must a must - in both directions, please! 12/10-12/12 or 12/18-12/22 or 12/27-12/29

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 22, 2004, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA, CX, LH
Newbie Here...And Close to UA 2P

First off, thx to all of you for sharing u'r experience & wisdom on FT. Recently discovered this site from a colleague who's 1K. I just started serious travel last half of this year on new job. Am 5103 miles ("BIS" miles I believe you pros call it) short of UA EQM for 2P. (Yes, already registered for dbl EQM promo...so 5103 miles would get me the 10206 I need for 2P). IAD closest to me. Could care less where I go. Constraints: prefer not to overnight if at all possible; and only window for a possible run is Sat., 12/11 (slopping into part of Sun., 12/12, if necessary). Any wisdom, ideas u might share would be appreciated. Thx..and happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by KMIAD
First off, thx to all of you for sharing u'r experience & wisdom on FT. Recently discovered this site from a colleague who's 1K. I just started serious travel last half of this year on new job. Am 5103 miles ("BIS" miles I believe you pros call it) short of UA EQM for 2P. (Yes, already registered for dbl EQM promo...so 5103 miles would get me the 10206 I need for 2P). IAD closest to me. Could care less where I go. Constraints: prefer not to overnight if at all possible; and only window for a possible run is Sat., 12/11 (slopping into part of Sun., 12/12, if necessary). Any wisdom, ideas u might share would be appreciated. Thx..and happy Thanksgiving to all.
Welcome to Flyertalk.

This is easy, actually.

You can do a same-day turn on 12/11 without too much difficulty. For instance, IAD-LAX-OAK-IAD gets you the required mileage.

The key is that you're doing it before 12/15 and then you have to make sure you aren't buying an S or T fare. Same day IAD-OAK comes up @ $250 but you can't buy it b/c it'll price in S or T....
Old Nov 22, 2004, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jhaledor
Can fly the last two weeks of December...want to make Exec Plat on AA. Any suggestions. Looking at a flight to Paris that would net me 8306 and I would still be short 5036, but am looking at other options to get the entire 13342. My home city is Chicago. I don't even know if it's possible to get 13342 miles without flying half-way around the world. Any suggestions?
You can do it all in one with a Pacific trip. ORD-NRT and return won't quite cut it, but a connection in DFW will. But Paris plus a transcon with a connection in California will do it for you. Definitely worth doing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.