Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]jl/aa: Jfk/lax/sfo/ord/bos/san/dfw-nrt-sin $328

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]jl/aa: Jfk/lax/sfo/ord/bos/san/dfw-nrt-sin $328

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by iahphx
While not having seat assignments is annoying, I figure you still have to be better off on JAL without seats than AA with seats! From everything I've read, JAL's economy class is vastly superior.
JAL economy, according to SeatGuru has 34" pitch. That's the same as United E+. I'll deal with it.

Does anyone know if JAL offers a buy-up to PE?

dh
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:35 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Does anyone know if JAL offers a buy-up to PE?

dh
Yeah at the airport, they increased the price recently by as much as 100% so I wouldn't consider it normally, but it may be worth it given the relatively low fare.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/170321.html

Keep in mind it's charged per flight sector, lounge access is not included unless you have status, mileage accumulation is per original fare class.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jix
Yeah at the airport, they increased the price recently by as much as 100% so I wouldn't consider it normally, but it may be worth it given the relatively low fare.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/170321.html

Keep in mind it's charged per flight sector, lounge access is not included unless you have status, mileage accumulation is per original fare class.
$350USD. Thanks for the link. ^

dh
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:27 am

Anyone call in to make seat requests, add FF #s or purchase upgrades yet?

There's still no way to add your FF # to an existing JAL reservation online is there?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:36 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mster
Anyone call in to make seat requests, add FF #s or purchase upgrades yet?

There's still no way to add your FF # to an existing JAL reservation online is there?
You are on N class ticket. You can't assign a seat on JL operated flights until OLCI opens at T-72. Status won't change that. Only upgrade option is at the airport to premium economy by paying the surcharge.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by JALPak
You are on N class ticket. You can't assign a seat on JL operated flights until OLCI opens at T-72. Status won't change that. Only upgrade option is at the airport to premium economy by paying the surcharge.
Haha that explains why I could choose seats on a single segment.. which happens to be S class.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Yeah, you appear to be right - N class seat assignment are available with OLCI at T-72.

So... Anyone call in to make seat requests, add FF #s or purchase upgrades yet?

Last edited by mster; Apr 11, 2017 at 9:47 pm Reason: quoted wrong post
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:48 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by mster
Yeah, you appear to be right - N class seat assignment are available with OLCI at T-72.

So... Anyone call in to make seat requests, add FF #s or purchase upgrades yet?

You can add your FF # by calling in.

What upgrade are you referring to? There's no upgrade available for N fare other than cash to premium economy at airport check-in. Miles cannot be used for this.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Sorry for the bump... What are the chances I can get this fare refunded or cancelled? Any potential schedule changes before Aug 31?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eugeneo1
Sorry for the bump... What are the chances I can get this fare refunded or cancelled? Any potential schedule changes before Aug 31?
Call/email the vendor and let us know the results. It may help someone out down the road.

I'm adding my Alaska # to our PNR. JAL awards more miles to them vs American.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by eugeneo1
These N fares are extremely restrictive and are completely non-refundable - no cancellation fee exists in order to recoup any remaining value of the ticket.

Changes would be permitted but according to the JAL rep I spoke with, only date changes are permitted and within 3 months (ie, no change to routing).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.