Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ethiopian OSL-JNB £559

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ethiopian OSL-JNB £559

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
Do you think they are honoring the fare or should I still wait until booking a hotel ?
Originally Posted by Yoda
Patience you must have, my young Padawan
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by cstorrie
During the night my credit card was charged again.

on tuesday night booked direct through ET 11504NOK
wednesday night 2 x 5752 NOK charges

My booking on ET still looks fine, shows fare rules, still CRTNO, stilll 11504 NOK Total
For anyone interested, repeated transaction was resolved via my Credit card company money refunded, all without having to engage with ET
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
No 3 days have passed my booking still looks ok. Looking at the BRU EF they should be contacting / downgrading people by now.
Do you think they are honoring the fare or should I still wait until booking a hotel ?

Hilton Winter Sale Ends on the 31st :-)
My understanding was that last year the ex-BRU fare sale was effective for flights leaving immediately, but this year the ex-OSL fare sale only took effect for flights several weeks or more down the road. So last year ET had to downgrade some flights immediately, while this year, if ET intends to downgrade they can still wait to do so on all the tickets they have issued. So I am not booking hotels for awhile yet.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
FYI

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ethiopian.html

I know that it doesn't relate to these ex OSL tickets, but the similarity is striking... "system error in booking class, and that my J round trip should be a Y"..."flight bookings made on Jan 2017 was affected"

(for the avoidance of doubt, don't book any non-refundable hotels yet)
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
I checked today itinerary on ET website and it does not contain any flights (it did previously), just amount paid etc. on OTA it seems ok. anyone with similar experience? anyway to check if the ticket is still vaild?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, BA Silver, AF Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Just checked on ET website, everything is OK, no changes were made. It's almost 2 weeks...
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Their website is very fragile, it fails 1 out of 3 times to load itinerary correctly for me. Try incognito mode with ad blocker disabled.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by recki2016
Just checked on ET website, everything is OK, no changes were made. It's almost 2 weeks...
In my case it is the same... everything looks normal... but if you go to the add seats option in tje right hand corner where the print itinerary link is it says "the far is not yet conrimed" or something like that... i am not at my pc now, soni can not make a screen shot since I can not access the booking on the phone....
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by recki2016
My booking remains intact as well. I doubt we are going to know anything much about whether ET will honor these fares until ET actually begins flying the OSL route. According to ITA Matrix, that date is March 27.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You mean until ET finds out that the C cabin ex OSL has been selling very well but at far from sustainable fare levels...
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
My booking looks ok as well. However, my reservation shows "no bags". It said "3 bags" the other day.

I wonder how many managed to book this fare from Oslo before they pulled it.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, BA Silver, AF Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by skrosvik
I wonder how many managed to book this fare from Oslo before they pulled it.
I guess much less than ex BRU last year
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
You mean until ET finds out that the C cabin ex OSL has been selling very well but at far from sustainable fare levels...
I don't understand this post. What do you mean by "has been selling very well but at far from sustainable fare levels"?

My flights are a ways off in October. But I will be watching with interest what ET does to the early flight bookings (i.e., for travel from March 27 thru April). If ET does not downgrade those travelers, and all those travelers complete their trips in business class, I will let my October flights go ahead and book my lodging. But if ET starts downgrading the March/April flights, I will reach out to ET and say "either cancel me with full refund now OR assure me you will NOT downgrade me just before my October flights!"
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Paul5795
I don't understand this post. What do you mean by "has been selling very well but at far from sustainable fare levels"?
Means what it says - they may have sold lots of tickets, but if they weren't sold at a price point that generates the required level of revenue and/or profit to make running the cabin on the route sustainable, a lot of downgrades or cancellations will occur.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by obduro
Means what it says - they may have sold lots of tickets, but if they weren't sold at a price point that generates the required level of revenue and/or profit to make running the cabin on the route sustainable, a lot of downgrades or cancellations will occur.
The low OSL fare was only available for a day or so before it was pulled. The poster's phrase "has been selling very well," however, seems to indicate something different, that is, some sort of ongoing ET fare sale, which doesn't exist as far as I know. I guess that phrase is what confused me.

As to your interpretation of what the poster said, obviously an airline must make a profit. I am sure, though, that for marketing purposes airlines do sometimes sell tickets at prices that are technically unsustainable, all with the goal of introducing the buyer to the airline or route in the hope that he/she will buy other, future tickets on that airline at a profitable purchase price. As far as I know, such fare sales do not necessarily result in downgrades or cancellations - regardless of the number of tickets sold during the sale.

My guess, though, is that if ET downgrades or cancels any ex-OSL tickets we will never know how that decision actually related to its profit calculations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.