Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bpot777
The Etihad segment seems to be intact completely. So If I took the new flights to DUS and found my own way to SGN I would not have a return back through ETIHAD?

Sorry for my ignorance..
No. If you read through the thread, or even a small part of it, you will understand that you don't have a valid e-ticket number to support any segments other than DUS-FCO-FLR or FLR-FCO-DUS and that if you tried to check in for these "intact" other sectors there simply will be no ticket.

You have an empty shell of a reservation that survived the hatchet job by Alitalia, because what was done was unorthodox and not what the system was designed to recognise and handle.

Unless you can look up your new, current e-ticket number and see that the e-ticket is alive, then looking up PNRs on any website is basically a waste of time, and what may appear to be a confirmed reservation in any other circumstance is nothing of the sort in these cases.

The only prospect of your e-ticket being alive is if it was issued by someone other than Alitalia (ie: does not start with 055). Otherwise, you only have a simple, extremely-highly-priced one-way ticket between Germany and Italy or v.v.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Alitalia Freccia Alata +
Smile

Thank you for taking the time to summarize the hundreds of pages of information. I did read through it but there was so much it was hard to understand.

Actually my airline ticket prefix is (104) which would be Eurowings.

In this case what are my options?

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The only prospect of your e-ticket being alive is if it was issued by someone other than Alitalia (ie: does not start with 055). Otherwise, you only have a simple, extremely-highly-priced one-way ticket between Germany and Italy or v.v.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually my airline ticket prefix is (104) which would be Eurowings.

In this case what are my options?
Are you sure about that? There has been no mention, to the best of my knowledge, of a "104" e-ticket in this entire thread.

Look up your e-ticket number on the Saudi Airlines website here. As you've probably not used the site before, you will probably be asked to select country and language (country doesn't matter - just select English, or whatever your preferred language is). When you get to the website proper, click the "Manage Booking" tab, and enter your e-ticket number, and surname, in the relevant fields. If your eticket does start with 104, then this goes in the separate small box on the left - enter the rest of the digits on the longer box on the right.

I would be very interested to see what this reports your e-ticket as being. Watch out for any statemetns of the type "Coupon Exchanged/Refunded".
Attached Images  
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:36 am

Thank you for taking the time to respond and help me with this..

Last edited by bpot777; Jan 19, 2017 at 8:37 am Reason: error
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:36 am

Yes, i guess I am dumb.

It was the 055 prefix it just wasn't listed when i had pulled it from the alitalia site.

Yep, go the dreaded "Exch/Reissued".

I guess I will get that refund..

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Are you sure about that? There has been no mention, to the best of my knowledge, of a "104" e-ticket in this entire thread.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep, go the dreaded "Exch/Reissued".

I guess I will get that refund..
You will most likely have to initiate this by calling either the agent that issued the ticket, the airline, or both.

Start by calling your agent.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
For all expedia bookers, do insist on being refunded the booking fee. Belgian/Dutch office have now refunded everything, took a few e-mails though.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I have a 006 ticket which has remained untouched. I got a call from KLM this morning asking if I intended to fly the ticket. I said yes. Agent said that no changes would be allowed on the ticket, and if segments were used out of sequence, the ticket would become invalid. I said that was fine with me, but I was puzzled by the second half of the statement. How can you use segments out of sequence?

Anyhow, my ticket is still good to go.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I have a 006 ticket which has remained untouched. I got a call from KLM this morning asking if I intended to fly the ticket. I said yes. Agent said that no changes would be allowed on the ticket, and if segments were used out of sequence, the ticket would become invalid. I said that was fine with me, but I was puzzled by the second half of the statement. How can you use segments out of sequence?

Kudos to KLM/DL for honouring these tickets ^.

Enjoy the flight!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver

This is cool!

The checkmytrip app pushed a notification yesterday - Alitalia changed the FCO - DUS to a 0800am flight, while the FLR - FCO was still a 1210pm flight, thus making it impossible to take the rerouted segements in order. Very theatrical. They are really doing their effort though
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX

Isn't it generally okay to change the return flight if outgoing portion is flown?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Amex Platinum fail!

I had two 055 tickets which were butchered by AZ that I asked Amex to file a dispute on since they hadn't been refunded after a few weeks. Today I got a letter from Amex regarding one the claims (expedia.co.uk):

The merchant has replied to our request for information. We have received enclosed documentation from merchant which supports the transaction. As a result previously issued suspension has been reversed and the amount has been reapplied to your account balance.
This is in spite of the fact that I had forwarded a copy of the changed ticket, as well as the email I got from expedia.co.uk on Dec 19 confirming that they would be refunding me in 6-10 days.

Among the documentation Amex enclosed was this little gem from expedia:

No. 055-xxxxxxxxxx passenger GIRL/MARGARITA hasn't been used and it is scheduled to fly on XX/XX/2017 it is not refundable as per fare rules, which the card member and passenger agreed to at the time of booking.

For the above reason, we find the claim improper and we cannot accept the chargeback.

Thank you in advance for keeping us informed about this file.
Gob smack!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Amex Platinum fail!

I had two 055 tickets which were butchered by AZ that I asked Amex to file a dispute on since they hadn't been refunded after a few weeks. Today I got a letter from Amex regarding one the claims (expedia.co.uk):

This is in spite of the fact that I had forwarded a copy of the changed ticket, as well as the email I got from expedia.co.uk on Dec 19 confirming that they would be refunding me in 6-10 days.

Among the documentation Amex enclosed was this little gem from expedia:

Gob smack!
Call AZ. Get the refund receipt. Then it should close the case.

Expedia in general has no idea what is going on unless they read through the case log. My butchered itinerary was showing as confirmed to the agents, and only when I told them the e-tkt has been exchanged prompted them to dig deeper and then they saw the issue.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)

I'm curious - Are there Any AZ flights on your 006 ticket?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
No. 055-xxxxxxxxxx passenger GIRL/MARGARITA hasn't been used and it is scheduled to fly on XX/XX/2017 it is not refundable as per fare rules, which the card member and passenger agreed to at the time of booking.

For the above reason, we find the claim improper and we cannot accept the chargeback.

Thank you in advance for keeping us informed about this file.
I am not a banking expert but common sense logic tells me it it not a right way to do chargebacks in this AZ case. Though i hope it contributed to understanding of Expedia Group that they suck when it comes tickets to changes and refunds...

Did you have anything attached to the itinerary except items covered by a plain DUS-FLR or FLR-DUS AZ fare (ie LON-DUS or similar, etc covered by another fare)? If not, then this is a false statement and it should not be left as is. All AZ business class fares were full flex with free changes and refunds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.