Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] OW: LAX-S.E. Asia in J for $1,500 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] OW: LAX-S.E. Asia in J for $1,500 RT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by skunker
Remember, AA gives a 24 hour free hold. If they don't offer a hold due to partners involved, then you get a 24 hour cancel. Hold or book then worry about the details.
Pleased to have been able to book one of these...thanks to OP and the "hold" feature. I was surprised it worked as I have JL and CX on short legs, but as code share, which is why I think "hold" worked.

I have mostly suboptimal equipment LAX (AA 772)-NRT (JL 787)-BKK (CX 333)-HKG (AA 77W)-LAX, but last segment was able to use an SWU which is a really nice, quiet comfortable ride. Was going to play with routing, but fare died between home and office this morning, so sticking with first impulse. EDITED TO ADD: When I first saw the routing options on ITA this morning, there were some available CX A350 HKG-BKK segments. Not sure whether 359 or 351, the former I would think.

Thrilled to catch a few days in BKK for a very good price. Little extended Labor Day weekend fun. Weather won't be great, but it's Bangkok, so always fun (and warm) regardless.

Last edited by mczlaw; Nov 22, 2016 at 11:31 pm
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: *A S, AS MVP, ST E+, HH P, IHG Plat, Bonvoy G,
Originally Posted by mczlaw
Pleased to have been able to book one of these...thanks to OP and the "hold" feature. I was surprised it worked as I have JL and CX on short legs, but as code share, which is why I think "hold" worked.

I have mostly suboptimal equipment LAX (AA 772)-NRT (JL 787)-BKK (CX 333)-HKG (AA 77W)-LAX, but last segment was able to use an SWU which is a really nice, quiet comfortable ride. Was going to play with routing, but fare died between home and office this morning, so sticking with first impulse.

Thrilled to catch a few days in BKK for a very good price. Little extended Labor Day weekend fun. Weather won't be great, but it's Bangkok, so always fun (and warm) regardless.
JL 787 isn't too bad IMO although it's angle flat. I'd hate it if it was transpacific, but as long as it is not redeye, it is pretty enjoyable. BKK - HKG is only couple hours so not a huge deal.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Some CX 333s have their reverse herringbone product, check SeatGuru, you might have gotten lucky.

I can't fathom what JL was thinking putting angle flat seats in their 787s.

Also, remember that the AA 772 on that leg has their new flat seat product as well. It may even be their new new seat that is replacing the one that some people complained "shook" too much, but it's a flat bed either way.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bradfrancini
Some CX 333s have their reverse herringbone product, check SeatGuru, you might have gotten lucky.

Also, remember that the AA 772 on that leg has their new flat seat product as well. It may even be their new new seat that is replacing the one that some people complained "shook" too much, but it's a flat bed either way.
If you end up on one of the "shakes too much" 772s, grab 7A or 7L. It's attached to the bulkhead, not other seats, so it doesn't shake and it's basically it's own little cocoon.

I had no issues with the rear-facing aspect either.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by xedubx
JL 787 isn't too bad IMO although it's angle flat. I'd hate it if it was transpacific, but as long as it is not redeye, it is pretty enjoyable. BKK - HKG is only couple hours so not a huge deal.
Originally Posted by bradfrancini

JAL is in the process of replacing the seats on the 788s. I doubt you will have angle flights to BKK.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by scrubjay
Aargh. Thanks a BUNCH bloggers. I've been looking for a J flight to SE Asia for a while now. I check here every day, and poof, gone before I could book.
I'm in the same boat. Frustrating that I missed it by a half hour.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by jmail1
I think they did for a short period of time, then the hold came back.
I was offered a free 24 hour hold on DFW-SGN on aa.com this morning, but went off to do some research before booking and when I came back 10 minutes later the deal was dead ...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:48 pm

Thanks OP.

I booked LAX-SGN for my mom June 2017. She is thrilled!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Does this deal count as once in a decade?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by frebay
Does this deal count as once in a decade?
Apparently not. The DCA PEK $300~ RT biz fare in 2014 is much much better than this one.

In fact, right these days they are so many RT TPAC biz fares for UA AA or DL at around $1100.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by lewende
In fact, right these days they are so many RT TPAC biz fares for UA AA or DL at around $1100.
I haven't been seeing many of these on this forum. Where do you find them?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I haven't been seeing many of these on this forum. Where do you find them?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...rt-biz-ai.html

These fares will be $100-200 cheaper at fliggy than Big O or TL.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:28 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...rt-biz-ai.html

These fares will be $100-200 cheaper at fliggy than Big O or TL.
Looking for other direction, ex-sfo/lax etc.

What is fliggy, big O and TL?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:53 am

Apparently not. The DCA PEK $300~ RT biz fare in 2014 is much much better than this one.

Not many ex-us fares though.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Not many ex-us fares though.
not many ex-sin either. Most are from cheaper markets.
even this one was pricing a few hundred $ pricier to reach sin.

nonetheless it was a brilliant deal. nice find OP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.