Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Improving YHZ-DPS + SIN-ATH with QR at 3.95 cpm?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Currently in YHZ, looking to get to DPS around end of Aug, then from that region to Europe about a month later. Here's what I have so far (variety of dates but Aug 30 and Sept 28 here)

YHZ-PHL AA3952
PHL-DOH QR728
DOH-DPS QR960

SIN-DOH QR945
DOH-ATH QR209

This prices out at $712, or 3.95 cpm. Not bad in it's own right.

However; if you fly directly from JFK or PHL to DOH, the price plummets to $474, a considerably better 2.79 cpm. This means that just getting from YHZ to PHL is responsible for a third of the fare and an outrageous 34.49 cpm for the first 700 or so miles.

Is there anything that can be done here to get the first 700 miles more in line with the last 17000? Tried flight to PHL, return, throwaway legs through PHL, Another double open jaw with a europe-North America leg for future use, but nothing seems to help by more than $50.

Or am I just being selfish and taking the game too far? Taking what's already an unreasonably good fare by normal people standards(let alone 10 days out) and moping like a child because each individual leg isn't an amazing deal, and someone out there might be getting a better one than me.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:09 pm

I can't get anywhere near the price you're referencing.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

I found it on ITA, then oddly enough can't find it on orbitz which is where I typically go to lock in ITA deals. Regardless, found it on the qatar website, although when I select the SIN-ATH QR945 it prices at ~$1600 CAD, however QR943 comes out at the right price, as well as looking on expedia, both come out at the price found in ITA.

https://www.expedia.ca/Flight-Search...zDGTUqYNAI8tNB
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K
Seadog - you're aware that you're only getting 50% mileage on your QR legs, correct?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Why are you concerned with improving "cpm" when the actual accrual for discount economy on QR (and most airlines now) is absolute garbage.. basically take what cpm you calculated, and multiply it by four because O class accrues 25%.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:54 am

I would redeem my points/miles for the first leg. in YHZ as well
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by keitherson
Why are you concerned with improving "cpm" when the actual accrual for discount economy on QR (and most airlines now) is absolute garbage.. basically take what cpm you calculated, and multiply it by four because O class accrues 25%.
That would be 50%.

Mileage runs are for status, not for RDM. 25% RDM but 50% EQM. Regardless, it's not a good return on investment, and I'd hate to see Seadog think he's getting 3.95cpm when he clearly won't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.