FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Improving YHZ-DPS + SIN-ATH with QR at 3.95 cpm?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:11 pm
seadog83

Improving YHZ-DPS + SIN-ATH with QR at 3.95 cpm?

Currently in YHZ, looking to get to DPS around end of Aug, then from that region to Europe about a month later. Here's what I have so far (variety of dates but Aug 30 and Sept 28 here)

YHZ-PHL AA3952
PHL-DOH QR728
DOH-DPS QR960

SIN-DOH QR945
DOH-ATH QR209

This prices out at $712, or 3.95 cpm. Not bad in it's own right.

However; if you fly directly from JFK or PHL to DOH, the price plummets to $474, a considerably better 2.79 cpm. This means that just getting from YHZ to PHL is responsible for a third of the fare and an outrageous 34.49 cpm for the first 700 or so miles.

Is there anything that can be done here to get the first 700 miles more in line with the last 17000? Tried flight to PHL, return, throwaway legs through PHL, Another double open jaw with a europe-North America leg for future use, but nothing seems to help by more than $50.

Or am I just being selfish and taking the game too far? Taking what's already an unreasonably good fare by normal people standards(let alone 10 days out) and moping like a child because each individual leg isn't an amazing deal, and someone out there might be getting a better one than me.