Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:42 pm

Anyone still sees any good prices?

I'm trying for Memorial Day weekend: ideally 5/22 but 5/21 works, and back on 5/25

I found some cheap fares for my parents doing EWR-ORY-JFK and EWR-ORY//CDG-BOS-LGA, but can't price anything cheap now.

Fares seem to hover at $1800s

----

Edit: found $1167 fares on Jun 5-8. After AARP and BA discounts.

Last edited by BigRedBears; Apr 16, 2015 at 3:11 pm
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL plat
Fare gone.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hertz Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by skunker
Yes. Everything flying to Europe should have the full flat seats unless there is a last minute sub due to a bad plane.
Even the 757? Seat guru seems to only think they have angle flat, but perhaps they have outdated info.

Also - any opinions between Openskies vs AA flatbeds?

Last edited by austinpop; Apr 16, 2015 at 3:55 pm
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:29 pm
BCH

Where should I be looking? Or could you suggest some sample dates? I couldn't find anything on AA.com or matrix. At least for the several dates in July that I looked at. Thank you!!!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: Most
Anybody still seeing it?

It appears to be gone

Last edited by jeautk01; Apr 16, 2015 at 3:41 pm Reason: added info
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
I think the fare may have been pulled. Can't find anything remotely close checking dates in May and June. Did find a few scattered flights from LGA via PHL on USAir for approx $2317. Congrats to all who got this good deal.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Bloody blogs.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Waldofriend
I think the fare may have been pulled. Can't find anything remotely close checking dates in May and June. Did find a few scattered flights from LGA via PHL on USAir for approx $2317. Congrats to all who got this good deal.
See $2311 here and there for 7+ days
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hertz Gold, National Exec
Wow - I can never get in on these deals, but today lucked out and booked family of 4 on OpenSkies JFK-ORY-JFK for a total of $4669 ($1167 each).

Still in shock! Congrats to those who got in on this fare.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Originally Posted by austinpop
Even the 757? Seat guru seems to only think they have angle flat, but perhaps they have outdated info.

Also - any opinions between Openskies vs AA flatbeds?
AA does NOT have flatbeds on its int'l B757s. Those feature a slanted lie-flat seat similar to what is found on the old B763 and B772 configurations.

Open Skies features a flat bed business class -- think of it as a bit of a dated version of the current BA Club World Business Class seat. The odd feature to Open Skies is that the 2-2 configuration has seats facing the opposite directions:

On the left side of the airplane, A seats (window) face backwards, while C (aisle) seats face forwards. On the right side, D seats (aisle) face backwards, while F seats (window) face forwards. So it can be an odd configuration if you don't know the person sitting next to you, despite the privacy shade. It actually can work quite well if your travel companion is next to you though, as you will face each other.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Au4882
AA does NOT have flatbeds on its int'l B757s. Those feature a slanted lie-flat seat similar to what is found on the old B763 and B772 configurations.

Open Skies features a flat bed business class -- think of it as a bit of a dated version of the current BA Club World Business Class seat. The odd feature to Open Skies is that the 2-2 configuration has seats facing the opposite directions:

On the left side of the airplane, A seats (window) face backwards, while C (aisle) seats face forwards. On the right side, D seats (aisle) face backwards, while F seats (window) face forwards. So it can be an odd configuration if you don't know the person sitting next to you, despite the privacy shade. It actually can work quite well if your travel companion is next to you though, as you will face each other.
It's a bit odd if you don't know the other person, but it's private enough.

IHMO, the awkward part is when FA lowers privacy shade and passes food tray over the other person if you sit by the window.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Au4882

Sorry, that is correct. The 757 is slated to updated but that has not started.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ess-seats.html
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
FYI DL/SkyTeam has the same fare out of PHL for many dates in May-August..
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The fare is still published in the GDS
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by spikyone
FYI DL/SkyTeam has the same fare out of PHL for many dates in May-August..
PHL still has some US/BA/AA as well.

No love from *A, eh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.