Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by doublecircle204
Just report to all folks back:
Transfer desk in T3 was quite useless.
Transfer desk in T1 is very useful, took around one hour to book us on AUH-MLE (final destination changed actually)
Now layover in AUH lounge to catch up some work...

Great works and BIG THANKS to EVERYONE!!!
Great to hear that! Could you elaborate a little on the process of making changes? (i.e. if the agents saw the notes in the PNR) I think it could potentially be helpful to many of us
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Transfer desk in T1 is very useful, took around one hour to book us on AUH-MLE (final destination changed actually)
Excellent. ^

Originally Posted by jona970318
Great to hear that! Could you elaborate a little on the process of making changes? (i.e. if the agents saw the notes in the PNR) I think it could potentially be helpful to many of us.
+1
I think the key here was that OP was fortunate to find a willing EY agent would went the extra mile to help out. Very cool.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Thanks for all the advice, jona970318, SFO777 and KiteM.
Yes, they are on separate tickets. After getting off the plane, we will run from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1 ( for rebooked Sri Lanka Airlines by EY system while in flight) since only 90 mins connection.
Simultaneously, once I see some transfer desk, will ask them whether they could put us on next morning's EY AUH-MLE.........
Let's see.

Hi, glad to hear everything's went smooth for you.

Could you please clarify me a point?

You had 2 different reservations (with 2 different e-ticket number) and Etihad accepted to rebook you on another flight w/o any fees?

I'm asking because next month I will have a connection in AUH and 2 different reservations

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Excellent. ^

+1
I think the key here was that OP was fortunate to find a willing EY agent would went the extra mile to help out. Very cool.
Agents in T3 transfer desk is quite useful, also too many customers.

Agents in T1 transfer desk is good, although they also make many calls to their tech department.

also need present the Korean air CMB-MLE flight to prove that we indeed have that ticket. Be sure to carry all printouts!

at the end, they rebook us on EY AUH-MLE (changed from EY AUH-CMB)
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
At DFW now flying the return segment. Ticket on No-go status (what a surprise!). On the phone with EY now to see what to do now. Missed the DFW-JFK already...
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jayz_004
At DFW now flying the return segment. Ticket on No-go status (what a surprise!). On the phone with EY now to see what to do now. Missed the DFW-JFK already...
Assuming that it was EY's ticketing games that caused you to miss the DFW-JFK flight, they have two options...
1. Put you on the DFW-AUH nonstop.
2. If that is not available, reroute you on another carrier. Ask them to put you on EK in First Class to DXB and then connecting to CMB.
If they resist, remind them that it was their fault and you will be reporting to the DOT if you they don't make it happen... stat.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:41 pm

I'll be flying out of JFK tonight on EY100. I tried checking in online last night and got a message saying "you're ticket is ineligible for online checkin, please call out call center". I also got this message on my outbound flight leaving CMB but I might actually be running a little tight tonight time wise.

So I called up EY, after reading through the notes, the Manchester based agent cited that "I'm not sure why you are not able to check in, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the fare you bought." To sum things up, she was very reluctant to help, so in the end I just decided to give up.

To be honest, I think EY is an incredible airline in terms of its products and services. However they couldn't have handled their mistake fares any worse.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
Originally Posted by SFO777
Assuming that it was EY's ticketing games that caused you to miss the DFW-JFK flight, they have two options...
1. Put you on the DFW-AUH nonstop.
2. If that is not available, reroute you on another carrier. Ask them to put you on EK in First Class to DXB and then connecting to CMB.
If they resist, remind them that it was their fault and you will be reporting to the DOT if you they don't make it happen... stat.
Finally sitting in the Wingtips Lounge at JFK T4. Had to call up EY Manchester call center 3 times before getting a solution. DFW-AUH direct was sold out in F today, so that wasn't possible. By the time I got to Terminal D at DFW, the zeal flight was already ready to depart. So I got on the phone again. The first agent said I needed to show AA checkin agent my credit card, which obviously wasn't the reason for the No-Go status. The second agent rebooked me DFW-DCA-JFK, which would get into JFK at 1930. But she booked me into Y. So I had to call again and finally got the tix fixed in F.
There certainly is a price to pay to fly these error fares.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Jayz_004
There certainly is a price to pay to fly these error fares.
Not always.

Glad you've made it after all!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:30 am

For those flying the return, did you notice what your ticket status said prior to check-in at dfw?
When I checked-in at cmb, I was hoping there wouldn't be a problem as the status showed ok to fly online, however it wasn't and took 3 hours to get BP's (this was back in May). Return segments show ok to fly, however im expecting there to be problems. We fly the return on Thursday.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Pass Select
My return flight is tomorrow ex-DFW. I flew the first leg back in June.

Anyone have any luck making changes to flights since then? Or is there a way to cancel one leg and get any funds back? Just figured I'd check. Searching isn't bringing much up. Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by cataclysmicvoid
My return flight is tomorrow ex-DFW. I flew the first leg back in June.

Anyone have any luck making changes to flights since then? Or is there a way to cancel one leg and get any funds back? Just figured I'd check. Searching isn't bringing much up. Thanks!
I've had some luck changing the ticket at ticketing counters at JFK and to some degree at AUH. IME, zero chance if you call EY reservations. The hotline agents will almost always read your PNR notes and refuse to change. If you've booked through OTA, the ticketing desk agents might tell you to contact them, just reply saying that OTA said that EY has control of the ticket and be firm, it could potentially work
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:43 am

I've had some luck changing the ticket at ticketing counters at JFK...
Thanks for the reply. This is good news. I might drive out to JFK today just to give it a try. Which desk? Landside?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
I've had some luck changing the ticket at ticketing counters at JFK and to some degree at AUH. IME, zero chance if you call EY reservations. The hotline agents will almost always read your PNR notes and refuse to change. If you've booked through OTA, the ticketing desk agents might tell you to contact them, just reply saying that OTA said that EY has control of the ticket and be firm, it could potentially work
FWIW SFO EY desk has refused to touch the ticket, referring me to the 800 number. I am going to try the LAX EY desk today and will report back if I am successful.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 4:15 pm

Smile

I've had some luck changing the ticket at ticketing counters at JFK...
This worked like a charm at the landside ticket counter. No problems whatsoever. Offered to cancel flight and give me an open ticket (and call later to book a flight), but had no desire to work with call center again. Booked return for late next year! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.