Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need help w/ USAIR segment run from CLT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chair | SPG Life/Plat | Nat'l Exec Elite

Been reading through all segment related posts... and testing ITA, Hipmunk, etc... still haven't nailed down the right process to keep an eye out for same-day segment runs on USAIR. Are there any "best" destinations to keep searching? As in, what are the destinations that will likely result in multiple segments when using ITA or other tools? Again, departure would be from CLT.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
I have no experience with segment runs, but it seems to me that you might wish to look into flights originating at an airport smaller than Charlotte if there is one reasonably close to your home. You would need to watch the price carefully, of course, but starting at a smaller airport would frequently add two segments to a RT flight.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I used to do a lot of segments X: CLT when US was in the A*.

JPG3392 is right it can be harder to rack up segments originating at a hub, but it's definitely possible.

A good place to look for segments is off season destinations or 'tag on flights' (flights from non hub to a non hub). I know very little about the AA/ US network but here in SAN there is a UA tag on to MMH I can add a segment (usually for cheap) to SFO flying SAN-MMH-SFO.

How many EQS do you need, when can you travel...and when can't you...do you have a budget? Provide some details maybe someone can help a little.

Good luck! M59
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Try starting from GSP if that is possible. You're more likely to find good fares on US and you'll get the extra segment by connecting in CLT rather than stopping there. Sometimes you can go to BOS or NYC for cheap and double connect in CLT and PHL.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chair | SPG Life/Plat | Nat'l Exec Elite
That's actually really helpful, thanks for both. I do have a budget but a bit constrained to CLT departures. I'll run a few new searches via ITA using above advice and see if any new options come up. Thanks again.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 2:34 pm

I'm constructing segment runs through CLT by flying between GSO- GSP and GSO-CHS. Typically around $400 for a 5 segment GSO-GSP run (eg GSO-DCA-CLT-GSP-CLT-GSO) on a weekday, and less than $300 for the same between GSO and CHS (GSO-CLT-DCA-CHS-DCA-GSO)
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
CLT-x-NYC is about $200 RT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.