Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) AA: New York to Vienna $448

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) AA: New York to Vienna $448

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL GM
Booked out of ORD for March 2015 for $380

http://i.imgur.com/D3uLFKz.png
Old May 23, 2014, 9:50 pm

LGA-PHI-LHR-VIE

Could I skip the flight to VIE, stay in LHR, and fly back from LHR ?
Old May 23, 2014, 9:51 pm
LRD

Programs: AA 6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
$503 for IAH/WAS-BUD in mid-Oct.

Last edited by LRD; May 23, 2014 at 10:24 pm
Old May 23, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA:EXP
So I completely understand - this deal looks like all transatlantic legs are on US metal. Is that correct? Like others stated before, I am waiting for a great deal like this on AA metal so I might be able to use eVIP's.

Any speculation when reciprocal upgrades might be possible?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Candletric
LGA-PHI-LHR-VIE

Seriously and respectfully,

such deals while seem attractive, have a lot of side issues/complications that usually trip newcomers to the game

might be better to skip it until one is much more familiar with very basics of aviation industry
there are too many things that may trip you and turn a "deal" into "hassle"
Just IMHO (trying to be helpful)

(to answer your question, moment you skip any leg of a ticket, your remaining legs are usually cancelled - it is safe only to skip last leg and that also only if you can avoid checking baggage to final destination)

Last edited by desi; May 23, 2014 at 10:37 pm
Old May 23, 2014, 10:20 pm
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Candletric
LGA-PHI-LHR-VIE

No. You fly what you buy ... get off early and the ride's unfortunately over.

desi: As much as it hurts to see questions like this.... at least this one's smart enough to ask before booking. I wouldnt be surprised to learn MANY others assume flights can be skipped/rejoined.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Thanks OP.... just gave me a reason for head start on next year.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by stageworks
So I completely understand - this deal looks like all transatlantic legs are on US metal. Is that correct? Like others stated before, I am waiting for a great deal like this on AA metal so I might be able to use eVIP's.

Any speculation when reciprocal upgrades might be possible?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, it appears to be the same sale that occurred a few months ago to Western Europe. Those were much better deals.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Has anyone gotten the $450 fare to work as an open jaw intinerary? I'm trying to book an open-jaw for BOS-PRG and return from BUD (or vice versa) but not having too much luck - I can find fares in the $650s but not much better during Oct. to early Nov.

Still a nice find for a regular round-trip and great fare for Europe.

*** BTW, I see that even smaller markets like BTV are available, though to a somewhat lesser degree. Fare combinations here at BTV are in the $650 range.

Last edited by pfbloom; May 24, 2014 at 1:45 am Reason: simplified wording
Old May 23, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Best I'm seeing from SAN is to LCA. SAN-PHL-LHR-LCA-LHR-CLT-SAN for $650. Almost exactly 4 cpm. The 7 day stay kills this though.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum, IHG Diamond, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
Booked out of ORD for March 2015 for $380

http://i.imgur.com/D3uLFKz.png
Wow, that's a great price. I booked out of NYC for March for $413, but placed a hold on another flight that's a little longer for $448. Trying to decide if the extra money is worth the extra 3 days in Europe hah.

I also agree with the previous poster, flyertalk is going to make me broke with all these deals!
Old May 23, 2014, 10:42 pm

Not trying to put down anyone but for their own benefit, wouldn't it be better if MR deals thread is placed in same class as Coupon Connections (you cant see it until you have reached x posts and y months of membership)

Some good deals which are around for months (such as $150 half RTW posted couple of days ago) getting killed by action of newbie
Old May 23, 2014, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by desi
Seriously and respectfully,

such deals while seem attractive, have a lot of side issues/complications that usually trip newcomers to the game

might be better to skip it until one is much more familiar with very basics of aviation industry
there are too many things that may trip you and turn a "deal" into "hassle"
Just IMHO (trying to be helpful)

(to answer your question, moment you skip any leg of a ticket, your remaining legs are usually cancelled - it is safe only to skip last leg and that also only if you can avoid checking baggage to final destination)
Thanks although I figured that was the case.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by desi
Not trying to put down anyone but for their own benefit, wouldn't it be better if MR deals thread is placed in same class as Coupon Connections (you cant see it until you have reached x posts and y months of membership)

Some good deals which are around for months (such as $150 half RTW posted couple of days ago) getting killed by action of newbie
There is a fine line here. I am not a newbie, but find the trick-it-thread to be entirely unwieldy and consequently don't follow it regularly. if we're going to have a coupon connection style subforum then I'd hope there would be a bit more candor about deals otherwise it will just encourage rogue disclosures elsewhere. For access maybe we can make posters pledge: 1) not to call the airline or booking site while the deal is live; 2) not to share the deals on a blog/twitter/facebook/newsletter etc.

Last edited by 2stepsbehind; May 23, 2014 at 11:35 pm
Old May 23, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, IHG Plt, SPG Gld
Originally Posted by trh2h
Which dates? I did the same for Columbus day week. Departing Oct 10 6:44pm, return Oct 19.
Departure on 10/24, return on 11/2. I want to spend halloween in Transylvania.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.