Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Turkish Valentine´s fares are back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:56 am
Original Poster

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-TR...promotion.aspx

Valentine's Day Promotion
Departure Arrival Economy Fare Business Fare Comfort Fare
Istanbul Europe, CIS Countries, Middle East and North Africa 199 EUR/RT 599 EUR/RT -
Istanbul Johannesburg, Cape Town, Lagos, Addis Ababa, Nairobi, Entebbe, Dar Es Salaam, New Delhi, Mumbai, Karachi, Dhakka, Chicago, Washington, Seul, Osaka, Islamabad, Jakarta, Kabil 399 EUR/RT 999 EUR/RT -
Istanbul Tokyo, Beijing, Sanghay, Ho Chi Minh, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Guangzhou, Toronto, Los Angeles, New York, Sao Paolo 399 EUR/RT 999 EUR/RT 499 EUR/RT

All times are in LMT.

◦The first passanger pays 100 % of the special fare and second passanger pays only 1 EUR
◦RT: Promotional round trip fare.

Application Period:
Travel Dates: Valid for outbound travels between 09 -14 February 2012 (incl.)
Ticketing Dates: Tickets must be issued between 14 December 2011 (incl) - 14 February 2012 (incl)

Application Rules:
Maximum Stay: 8 Days
Minimum Stay : No Restriction

Rules & Conditions

◦Valentine's Day Promotions will not be processed to the Miles & Smiles Card.
◦Other charges and surcharges not included.
◦Advance Ticketing: Ticketing must be made within 24 hours after reservations are made.
◦Advance Purchace: Ticketing must be completed at least 7 days before departure.
◦Rebooking / Rerouting / Refund : Not Permitted
◦Valid for only Turkish Airlines flights, not applicable for Code-Share flights.
◦Must be accompanied on all sectors in the same compartment.
◦For departures from Ankara, Izmir 50 EUR, departures from Other Turkey and Ercan 80 EUR add on level applies.
For Further Information And Bookings Please Call +90 212 444 0 849
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:11 pm

Too bad it's only from Istanbul
Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:12 pm

Im on the skype right now! Inventory is going fast!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
The agent put me in Economy G instead of Business and now my seats are gone
And they are quite busy at the call center.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Great fares, but no miles so not an MR...
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
No miles on M&S. The fare basis is JLOVE* and the fare buckets displayed are J. I did not do the deal last year but the year before both passengers got 200% miles credited to Miles&More (Lufthansa etc). I assume/hope it also works next year.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
No miles on M&S. The fare basis is JLOVE* and the fare buckets displayed are J. I did not do the deal last year but the year before both passengers got 200% miles credited to Miles&More (Lufthansa etc). I assume/hope it also works next year.
Never assume...it's a lot of cash for a hit and miss if you will be getting miles or not and you most likely still need feeder flights....

Last edited by sindjic; Dec 20, 2011 at 3:59 pm
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:15 pm

I did it last year and had a great trip. Unfortunately cannot do it this year...
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Plat, Marriott Ambassador (LP), Hilton Diamond
IST - CGK - IST in C 1600 EUR for 2 PAX!! woohoo!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer

[...]

Rules & Conditions

◦Valentine's Day Promotions will not be processed to the Miles & Smiles Card.

[...]
So, no mileage run at all?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:57 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Sorry. Can not believe that inventory is going so fast. It is not that cheap, no miles. It is a good deal, but not the mother of all deals.

I have done the deal twice, but this year conditions are much worse.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
With a fare code of Jxxx, why would this fare NOT earn miles with non-Miles & Smiles frequent flyer programs (BD, CO/UA, etc?)

Did this clause appear in last year's program?
Did others earn miles last year?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I'm sorry I can't make use of it, but don't know why you say this is not the mother of all deals, when you pay ~1300 EUR for 2 (two) tickets in business class, on one of the best C products available...
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:55 am

Miles can be credited to Miles&Smiles for first passenger but not on the second passenger. I have confirmed this from callcenter. Agent insisted that the miles couldn't be credited but when i told her to ask from supervisor she put me on hold and after a while she came back on the phone and said that they revised the rules 16.12 and now the miles can be credited.

You can find the information also here: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-IN...-campaign.aspx

Probably the miles can be credited to other FFP's also like in earlier years Valentine's promotions.

Last edited by joorinainen; Dec 21, 2011 at 4:52 pm
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Miles can be credited to Miles&Smiles for first passenger but not on the second passenger. I have confirmed this from callcenter. Agent insisted that the miles couldn't be credited but when i told him to ask from supervisor she put me on hold and after a while she came back on the phone and said that they revised the rules 16.12 and now the miles can be credited.

You can find the information also here: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-IN...-campaign.aspx

Probably the miles can be credited to other FFP's also like in earlier years Valentine's promotions.
Thank you, joorinainen, but I'm sorry, I don't get enough of a warm fuzzy feeling from this post to jump. "him", then "she", "they revised the rules", "Probably", and miles can be credited to other FFPs but not to the airline' own "like in earlier years"? I dunno...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.