UA EWR - ARN $374 3.8cpm

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
UA EWR - ARN $374 3.8cpm

Saw this on the nomascoach blog.

Can't replicate $277 but can get $373 - $400 to come up. Mainly combination of LH/UA with MUC/FRA possible but seeing a couple CPH/BRU options.

"Same day" weekend turn is possible (e.g., leave Friday night from US, get to ARN and get back on plane couple hours later to return to US on Saturday afternoon). Books into UA (e.g., 016) so low RDMs but good for anyone needing PQMs

Last edited by Pat89339; Jul 8, 2016 at 3:43 pm Reason: TOS 7 and 12
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta - Plat, Marriott - Platinum, Starwood - Gold
Replicating the deal

I just went to the flylink website he mentioned in the post and I didn't get it to duplicate. Looks like it might be an OTA error, because I did get it to duplicate on travelmerry.com. Try there.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Here's the google.com/flight link that gets you to $373 with a weekend turn (leave Friday night, return Sunday). Definitely not on OTA error. Pulls up on UA.com (haven't gone through to payment since not beneficial to me - positioning costs to EWR are too high to make it worth it):

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...016-11-13;a=UA

Fare: KLNC14NS

EF shows it was filed at $53 so doesn't seem like fat finger (adding a zero makes no sense since the next K fare is only $140) - might be flash sale against DY
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Here's the google.com/flight link that gets you to $373 with a weekend turn (leave Friday night, return Sunday). Definitely not on OTA error. Pulls up on UA.com (haven't gone through to payment since not beneficial to me - positioning costs to EWR are too high to make it worth it):

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...016-11-13;a=UA

Fare: KLNC14NS

EF shows it was filed at $53 so doesn't seem like fat finger (adding a zero makes no sense since the next K fare is only $140) - might be flash sale against DY
We found a way to screen for United Airlines and Lufthansa exclusively and it books through Booking Xpert and Flylink

We wrote on this in detail earlier this morning on our own site...

Our final price was $279.20
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
K class fare

K class fare on LH earns 0 on UA MP.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:43 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
K class fare on LH earns 0 on UA MP.
Unless ticketed on 016 stock. It will earn 5-11X $$ spent.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by hauteboy
I estimate 30% of posts in the MR threads these days are misunderstood due to RDM/EQM earnings rates/comments.

OP was referring to K fares earning 0 EQM. You'd only earn if you booked the UA over the water, then connect.. or the direct EWR-ARN if that's avail...

C'mon friends, let's "assume" no one is here to run up RDM... Especially on a UA thread.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hauteboy
Originally Posted by Tblack15
I estimate 30% of posts in the MR threads these days are misunderstood due to RDM/EQM earnings rates/comments.

OP was referring to K fares earning 0 EQM. You'd only earn if you booked the UA over the water, then connect.. or the direct EWR-ARN if that's avail...

C'mon friends, let's "assume" no one is here to run up RDM... Especially on a UA thread.
It's available on UA/SK...

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...REWR0UA17;a=UA

100% PQM over the pond, 75% on SK. RDM is on spend but PQM is still based on distance flown hence this is still beneficial for someone that needs the PQM but might have the PQDs covered from work travel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.