Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] BA/IB/AA: Italy-Mexico €300 (Full Y fare + feeder in Biz)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] BA/IB/AA: Italy-Mexico €300 (Full Y fare + feeder in Biz)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by fuyao
300€ doesnt mean it has to be an error fare since MIL / OSL / ARN are always the cheapest origins/destinations for flights to/from North America but for getting it booked in Y it seems too cheap
Of course it was a mistake - but sadly a mistake they fixed very quickly!!
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:50 pm

Does anyone know if you can change the return date, after the first sector has been flown for free ? I am booked in Y on BA metal.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by lordlucan
Does anyone know if you can change the return date, after the first sector has been flown for free ? I am booked in Y on BA metal.
You can normally change return even before you fly. This is IATA resolution 017f so airlines have to comply.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lordlucan
Everything is in post 13. All conditions for changes.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: BA GGL
Ugh. I had this lined up to buy at 6pm yesterday, but figured I'd do it at home. Gone by the time I got to my computer
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
Ugh. I had this lined up to buy at 6pm yesterday, but figured I'd do it at home. Gone by the time I got to my computer
I went for the AA option for a few extra €, put a few itineraries on hold at aa.com to give me to time to work out which was best. Paid and quickly ticketed at around midnight. Very useful option that I wish other airline sites offered!
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by danam
I went for the AA option for a few extra €, put a few itineraries on hold at aa.com to give me to time to work out which was best. Paid and quickly ticketed at around midnight. Very useful option that I wish other airline sites offered!
I also chose AA on return. How do you 'put your itinerary on hold'?
I wanted to study better my itinerary but I was afraid it'd be gone by the time, ergo I couldn't add any stopover.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by samuli
I also chose AA on return. How do you 'put your itinerary on hold'?
I wanted to study better my itinerary but I was afraid it'd be gone by the time, ergo I couldn't add any stopover.
It's one of the options when you get to payment. It is a free hold for 24 hours. Not sure it works for every country. Definitely works on the US site.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:15 am

BA has similar option for 72h, not sure if it worked on this one, but it's certainly possibility when booking some flights.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
BA has similar option for 72h, not sure if it worked on this one, but it's certainly possibility when booking some flights.
BA charge a fee for holding an itin don't they?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:33 am

£5 and if you book, it's in price. If you don't, you lose. But I hink it's quite cheap to hold fare and decide later. You can hold couple and book one.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...r-flight-price
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:53 am

Any thoughts, if these tickets are good to go ? I am booked for 2nd Aug.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:59 am

I didn't know, thanks!
In this particular case, I can see that Mexico is in the 'excluded destinations' list of BA.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:10 am

Departure points are excluded, not destinations. Departure point was Italy in this case.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:40 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Where to credit

For those that got into this deal - where do you plan to park your miles? I am not sure as from Aug 1, due to the silly move of the Aadvantage program moving towards miles/$, I come out < 50% of distance miles.

Credit them to BA or IB?

Also, anyone knows how can I upgrade the AA operated flights booked under the IB number? On the days I choose, I could not find any IB flights operating (or the price was not 'right')

Cheers!

btw: anyone planning to do any changes? I am not sure how to do this without getting the agent on the other side commenting on the price paid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.