Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: JFK-NRT-SIN rt 737 usd (20146 mqm; 3.7 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL: JFK-NRT-SIN rt 737 usd (20146 mqm; 3.7 cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta IHG
Originally Posted by snuniyar
So with MQMs you earn with this flight, you gain higher status to receive the higher Medallion Benefits for that status?
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...n-dollars.html

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-benefits.html

MEDALLION QUALIFICATION LEVELS
HERE'S HOW TO REACH MEDALLION STATUS THROUGH A COMBINATION OF MILES OR SEGMENTS FLOWN AND YOUR ANNUAL SPENDING FROM JANUARY 1 TO DECEMBER 31.

FLY THE MINIMUM MQMS OR MQSS AND SPEND THE MINIMUM MQDS:

To reach
SILVER
you will need
25,000 MQMs
or
30 MQSs
and
$3,000
MQDs

To reach
GOLD
you will need
50,000 MQMs
or
60 MQSs
and
$6,000
MQDs

To reach
PLATINUM
you will need
75,000 MQMs
or
100 MQSs
and
$9,000
MQDs

To reach
DIAMOND
you will need
125,000 MQMs
or
140 MQSs
and
$15,000
MQDs

MQD Waiver: The MQDs requirement for the qualification year will be waived if you make $25,000 or more in eligible purchases in that year with your Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: SPG G, HH G, Marriott:G, BW Diamond, CC:Gold
Originally Posted by SnkeDr
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...n-dollars.html

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-benefits.html

MEDALLION QUALIFICATION LEVELS
HERE'S HOW TO REACH MEDALLION STATUS THROUGH A COMBINATION OF MILES OR SEGMENTS FLOWN AND YOUR ANNUAL SPENDING FROM JANUARY 1 TO DECEMBER 31.

FLY THE MINIMUM MQMS OR MQSS AND SPEND THE MINIMUM MQDS:

To reach
SILVER
you will need
25,000 MQMs
or
30 MQSs
and
$3,000
MQDs

To reach
GOLD
you will need
50,000 MQMs
or
60 MQSs
and
$6,000
MQDs

To reach
PLATINUM
you will need
75,000 MQMs
or
100 MQSs
and
$9,000
MQDs

To reach
DIAMOND
you will need
125,000 MQMs
or
140 MQSs
and
$15,000
MQDs

MQD Waiver: The MQDs requirement for the qualification year will be waived if you make $25,000 or more in eligible purchases in that year with your Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express.

Thank you. Now it's very clear to me.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 5:35 am

Earning mqms

I didn't think flights bought using redeemable miles earned mqms. Your post sounds like you are earning mqms from the repositioning flights themselves. Am I missing something (like mqms) when using award travel? Or maybe I just misunderstood your comment?

If the former, I'd sure like to figure that one out.

Bjd
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bjd1971
I didn't think flights bought using redeemable miles earned mqms. Your post sounds like you are earning mqms from the repositioning flights themselves. Am I missing something (like mqms) when using award travel? Or maybe I just misunderstood your comment?

If the former, I'd sure like to figure that one out.

Bjd
I would book a normal ticket and then click on pay with miles. I have a Delta Platinum credit card so I can pay with miles. That may be part of the reason that I can still get my MQMs now that I think about it.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
That may be part of the reason that I can still get my MQMs now that I think about it.
That is the only reason you are earning MQMs for this flight.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
It is all coach exit row except for one leg. Right now I am still Silver. With all of the trips that I have planned so far for the year between MR and work will get me to about 18,000 miles short of Diamond. I may do one more mileage run before the year is over to make Diamond
What is the point in doing all these mileage runs for Diamond if you don't fly enough to take advantage of the benefits? Sounds like a painful experience for benefits that you'll rarely use (not to mention even as a diamond upgrades are hard to come by).
Old Sep 11, 2016, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by langbr01
What is the point in doing all these mileage runs for Diamond if you don't fly enough to take advantage of the benefits? Sounds like a painful experience for benefits that you'll rarely use (not to mention even as a diamond upgrades are hard to come by).
I actually fly quite a bit for work. I'm only two MQSs away from gold without doing a mileage run. I figure that I just need to pay my dues to get platinum or even better diamond; to enjoy the perks that come along with those levels.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: Advantage, Skymiles, Millege Plus
Originally Posted by mrothly
My mistake, it's out of LGA in NYC, so LGA-DTW-NRT-SIN. These are easy to find in Google Flights by just searching LGA-SIN confined to Delta, then the calendar view should be showing a dozen or so dates per month throughout winter -- the exception actually being December, where prices are higher (presume. because of the holidays) and the only ~750ish rates seem to be for a 7-day trip. Shorter turns are all over Nov/Jan/Feb though if you want, including 2-day true MRs.

(Can anyone figure out how to successfully get the stopover in NRT to add for the fare code stated $100?)
I am also trying desperetely to get the stopover in NRT for $100 I even tried calling Delta but not chance. Price doubles. They say even though its part of the rules the system wont let them price it, and therefor price doubles. If anyone has any idea on how to add this stopover please let us know!!!
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pedrolami
I am also trying desperetely to get the stopover in NRT for $100 I even tried calling Delta but not chance. Price doubles. They say even though its part of the rules the system wont let them price it, and therefor price doubles. If anyone has any idea on how to add this stopover please let us know!!!
I was able to book last night a MR on 10/7-10/9 (Friday-Sunday) on DL to JFK-MSP-NRT-SIN-NRT-LAX-JFK for $960.26 for 21,388 MQMs. I have a 6 hour layover in SIN before departing back to NRT.

How comfortable should I dress for this? Any suggestions from anyone who's done this before would be appreciated.

Last edited by Pat89339; Sep 14, 2016 at 4:50 pm
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: Advantage, Skymiles, Millege Plus
Thanks. But thats not really the answer I am looking for. nontheless thank you for your reply.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Thanks. But thats not really the answer I am looking for. nontheless thank you for your reply.
I guess what I was trying to say is why not route through JFK like I did instead of going through LGA?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
Anybody able to get MU JFK-PVG-SIN-PVG-JFK flights for any weekends this year without flights in Q fare class (which earns NOTHING)?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

I have a few questions? How long of a stopover are you trying to have? Have you tried doing a multi-city trip on Kayak or Google Flights? What days of hte week are you trying to travel on?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL Plat
alternatively...you can try this itinerary. 606 r/t. if math serves me correctly, you get 2.8cpm.

This post might belong in the other thread though?
Attached Images  
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:06 pm

I'm considering it, I really need the miles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.