wait 6 hrs
AA8497 (JL) CGK 6:45AM-4:05PM same day to NRT 7h20min
wait 2 hrs
AA60 NRT 6:15PM-4:05PM same day to DFW 11h50min
wait 2 hrs
AA1221 DFW 5:00PM-6:03PM same day to AUS
Drive 4 hours back to DFW
Leave Monday return Wednesday. 56 hours. Total hours in plane: 43 hours
i have a (not so) secret jealousy/hatred (lol) for all the people out there earning air/hotel miles/status thru employer paid travel (esp. you guys who fly paid J intl!). when you're self employed and everything is self funded, it's a different world.

that said... when i read quick turn MR's like this, for once i am glad i don't have to. i cannot imagine EVER doing this. all my MR's are simply trips i want to take, to destinations i want to be (and stay a while), where i am very mindful of CPM and maximizing routing- hence my recent SIN-NRT-JFK-SFO forced routing.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by techc
Did you apply any SWU's or did they not clear on your return?

I'm flying from DFW > HKG and back in March and plan on using SWU's as a EXP and I'm bit worried they won't clear.
There is much discussion on this thread about the odds of getting upgraded on that route.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
There is much discussion on this thread about the odds of getting upgraded on that route.
Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Wow that's exactly what I wanted. Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I gave a cursory glance to this thread but wanted to ask directly to anyone else doing CGK runs: with 21 hrs in Jakarta (midnight to 2100 local), staying at the SPG Keraton, what are some good spots to visit before heading the airport? Also, with the understanding that traffic is a nightmare, how early should I head back to the airport?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by oneant
I gave a cursory glance to this thread but wanted to ask directly to anyone else doing CGK runs: with 21 hrs in Jakarta (midnight to 2100 local), staying at the SPG Keraton, what are some good spots to visit before heading the airport? Also, with the understanding that traffic is a nightmare, how early should I head back to the airport?
I will just say, and I'm sure everyone will shoot me down, that I've now taken the 9:25pm JL flight from Jakarta twice, and both times, out of fear for the traffic, I've left at five and arrived way too early - so early that the JL counters weren't even manned. So while traffic IS bad, and perhaps unpredictable, from Northern/Western Jakarta it really doesn't seem to take more than 30-45 minutes.

Last edited by danielm; Feb 15, 2016 at 10:44 am
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by danielm
I will just say, and I'm sure everyone will shoot me down, that I've now taken the 9:25pm JL flight from Jakarta twice, and both times, out of fear for the traffic, I've left at five and arrived way too early - so early that the JL counters weren't even manned. So while traffic IS bad, and perhaps unpredictable, from Northern/Western Jakarta it really doesn't seem to take more than 30-45 minutes.
Thanks, danielm. I have heard about a similar experience from a friend who did this run in Dec. He said Sunday afternoon--my flight is at 2100 local--back to the airport is easy and fast. I also changed my hotel from the SPG Keraton to the Hilton Doubletree...but both are in the same area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.