Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA:LAX-DFW-HKG-CGK-HKG-DFW-LAX $627.80/2.9 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by icarusmoon
Might be a dumb question, but this is my first MR.

Is it possible to stop over in all the cities on an itinerary? Sort of like a way to get a cheaper round the world ticket?

For example fly LAX-DFW-HKG, stay in HKG for 7 nights, then fly HKG-CGK, stay in CGK for 7 nights, then fly CGK-HKG-DFW, stay in DFW 7 nights etc.

If so how would you go about booking that?
Depends on the fare rules for the particular fare. If stopovers are allowed per fare rules, you can do this. Sometimes they are free, sometimes they cost extra.

You'd do it like you'd do any other fare.–.multi city search with specific dates. But good luck finding something in the same price range.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Originally Posted by lensovet
Depends on the fare rules for the particular fare. If stopovers are allowed per fare rules, you can do this. Sometimes they are free, sometimes they cost extra.

You'd do it like you'd do any other fare.–.multi city search with specific dates. But good luck finding something in the same price range.
I also don't know the fare rules for this fare, but used to do this sort of thing in the past. It's something that Matrix is still useful for- look for dates for the simple roundtrip first, then try to insert the stopover using the multi-city search. E.g. you find AAA-to-ZZZ with the particular routing AAA-BBB-ZZZ-BBB-AAA on say 5/16 for AAA-BBB 5/17 for BBB-ZZ then 5/24 for ZZZ-BBB-AAA.

Then switch to multi city and manually break up the AAA-BBB and BBB-ZZZ and search with the same dates that you just found to make sure it's working, then start changing the BBB-ZZZ date to see if you can find an allowed date for the same price or for the minimum stopover cost.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by icarusmoon
Might be a dumb question, but this is my first MR.

Is it possible to stop over in all the cities on an itinerary? Sort of like a way to get a cheaper round the world ticket?

For example fly LAX-DFW-HKG, stay in HKG for 7 nights, then fly HKG-CGK, stay in CGK for 7 nights, then fly CGK-HKG-DFW, stay in DFW 7 nights etc.

If so how would you go about booking that?
Using AA.COM multicity option, do the following
LAX-HKG
HKG-CGK
CGK-DFW
DFW-LAX

Be warned though that the HKG-CGK segment won't show the AA code share on CX operated flight. However, you can force AA.COM to show all OW and AA flights by selecting the "American Airlines, American Eagle and oneworld" option.

I hope this will help.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
It took me two tries on the phone to get an agent that knew how to build it - but once the proper codes were entered, it priced accordingly.

Curious if anyone is heading out the same time I am? 3/27 on over....
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Is this still available?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Any possibilities from MIA/FLL/PBI?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, AA: Gold, Hilton: Diamond, Marriott: Plat Premier, Hertz: Pres Circle
Originally Posted by bakster21
It took me two tries on the phone to get an agent that knew how to build it - but once the proper codes were entered, it priced accordingly.

Curious if anyone is heading out the same time I am? 3/27 on over....
Can you share your routing and final price? Best I'm able to find is $714 departing 3/23 from LAX returning 3/29. LAX-DFW-HKG-BKK // CGK-NRT-DFW-LAX. Not a bad Spring Break trip.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aceszhigh
Any possibilities from MIA/FLL/PBI?
Try google.com/flights and see what you can find. Also very easy to do an ITA Matrix search.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1.5MM 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime
Just got back from this MR

From 11:30pm 3 March - to 11:00am 7 March

LAX-JFK-NRT-SIN-CGK-NRT-LAX

57,366 RDP (double points except for LAX/JFK and NRT-SIN), 15,348 EQP, $1643 (includes $70 Jetstar flight from SIN/CGK, V class on return to boost EQP, and one night at RC Jakarta); $.0286 CPM

Did the mileage run as part of EXP Challenge. I fulfil EXP requirements (25K EQP) next week.

Highlights/Lowlights - Upgraded to first class on new AA A321 from LAX to JFK, flew brand new (great flight!) JAL 787 from JFK-NRT, JAL First Class Lounge at NRT including shower, massage, noodle and sushi bar (I could totally vacation in that lounge), passed the time away on flights watching House of Cards from beginning to end (almost), and now totally addicted to the show, Flew a pig of an AA 777 on the return to LAX. That old 777 was the lousiest looking first and business i've ever seen. I had bulkhead economy with no one next to me. Food was terrible; hardly edible. Happy to never have to do a MR again. ^
Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
How did you enrol into an EXP challenge? Existing status with DL or UA? I would do it for EXP! Also what was the fee for that challenge?

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
[QUOTE=daberlin;24487937
57,366 RDP (double points except for LAX/JFK and NRT-SIN), 15,348 EQP, $1643 (includes $70 Jetstar flight from SIN/CGK, V class on return to boost EQP, and one night at RC Jakarta); $.0286 CPM
[/QUOTE]

Just to nit pick - CPM is usually quoted in terms of EQM and not RDM. For LAX-JFK-NRT-SIN-CGK-NRT-LAX you got 22161 EQM, right? So 7.41 CPM.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by mikelat
Just to nit pick - CPM is usually quoted in terms of EQM and not RDM. For LAX-JFK-NRT-SIN-CGK-NRT-LAX you got 22161 EQM, right? So 7.41 CPM.
ouch... 7.41cpm
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, AA Gold
Anyone still able to replicate this or something similar? Been doing some searching on ITA trying different cities and departure dates and no luck so far.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:11 pm

I was able to get this..3.1cpm. No extra leg from bkk-cgk

Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Originally Posted by nyckid
I was able to get this..3.1cpm. No extra leg from bkk-cgk

Wonder what the 1X that WWE has been able to find...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.