Reload this Page >

PHL-DPS (Bali) $537 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL-DPS (Bali) $537 RT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:39 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Thanks for your help, macdonaldj2.

Have you taken advantage of this deal? Did you find any routings through TYO?
I'm HOU based and have travel planned into next year that I didn't want to book 14 nights in Bali. I talked my in-laws into going and I think they wanted a layover in ICN. When I was booking their flights I tried to force the routing but I couldn't get anything to price correctly, I hate to say it...but maybe call? I think the 'deal' has been around that it isn't a mistake.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
I'm finding it on DL.com now (had no idea about the 5-week search; after booking an award ticket with them last year, I had all but given up on their website), but ideally, I'd like to get a stopover in TPE for a week.
Don`t call,read fare rules...DL is not the only one...
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:01 pm

The phone agents may not be able to help much. When I had to call I already had an itinerary that would work--there were problems issuing the ticket online. We've had a lot of success finding routings in Matrix and Orbitz.

Your calling isn't going to end the deal. This isn't like the mistake fares across the US last holiday season. When I called over a week ago (a necessity), people acted like it was the end of the world and said all sorts of mean things, but the deal is still here. Do what you have got to do.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by chetdogleash
The phone agents may not be able to help much. When I had to call I already had an itinerary that would work--there were problems issuing the ticket online. We've had a lot of success finding routings in Matrix and Orbitz.

Your calling isn't going to end the deal. This isn't like the mistake fares across the US last holiday season. When I called over a week ago (a necessity), people acted like it was the end of the world and said all sorts of mean things, but the deal is still here. Do what you have got to do.
Here we go again...If you have issue with ITA or OTA try to make it work. If you think that every time you have a problem you should call airline
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: SQ

Yeah don't call, it makes no sense. If you have no idea how to book this fare, then PM someone on here who has booked it.

This fare is quite easy to book. Just find dates that work, and then play around with the routing. It will take time - if one looks for the quick fix by calling the airline the deal will be killed.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium

Well just cause it didnt kill the deal this time, doesnt mean people should be calling, and the only reason anyone couldn't call last holiday season cause it didnt last long enough for anyone to call. And there has been many many other mistake fares, and if you think its reasonable for an airline to price this trip for $500ish, then your in denial.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:47 pm

How wild has anyone gotten routing-wise with this, now that's it's been out there for a while?

I have a PHL-DTW-NRT-SIN-DPS-SIN-NRT-DTW-MDT for $538 that I'm happy with. I'm not particularly interested in stopovers but I'd like to hear what type of CPM the experts are getting on these... the OAL segments are pretty useless to me for earning purposes...
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: SQ
A friendly reminder to those who want maximum miles to have this flown before the end of the year.

I just pulled one up that would give me 2664 RDM. I'd be pretty disappointed to fly that far just for that many miles.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
3/18-4/1 or 4/2 works
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
Originally Posted by topcat_dcx
I don't know what the heck was this person's issue. Everything was bookable via DL.com and other OTAs.
Do we really have to put up big blaring lights and sirens for people to understand the do not call principle

I don't think that I can take advantage of this fare but I think I will call Delta to see what dates are available anyway.
"some internet forum is full of people who demand that I don't call you about this fare. is it possible that there's been some mistake in it's construction?"
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+ / Hertz PC / Sixt Platinum
Has anyone been able to make this work starting anywhere from Europe? Still got a $1100 voucher for DL lying around and I'd like to spend half of it on a trip like this. Any European city as start on DL.com seems to turn the fare sky high.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by XyberBorg
Has anyone been able to make this work starting anywhere from Europe? Still got a $1100 voucher for DL lying around and I'd like to spend half of it on a trip like this. Any European city as start on DL.com seems to turn the fare sky high.
For the same reason that fares from JFK to BOS can't be routed via LHR and still come in at under $100.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+ / Hertz PC / Sixt Platinum
Don't know why I posted in this thread. Meant to reply in the DFW-LAX-JFK-NRT-SIN-NRT-DTW-LAX-DFW deal, hence the $1100. Well that was a great first post.

Last edited by XyberBorg; Oct 24, 2014 at 12:09 pm Reason: Noobness
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta Marriott
Still live

There are lots of options still available for this deal. The easiest way I found to search them was using google flights. PHL does not have many options remaining but Allentown, Harrisburg, Scranton, and State College all have lots of availability late Jan early Feb. I was only interested in those times so I didn't check other dates but between those airports you should be able to find plenty of availability. You just need to call in with the flight numbers to book. None of them show up on Delta.com besides PHL.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:13 am
KYP

its back again. many dates available
PHL - DPS 567.24$

Last edited by KYP; Nov 4, 2014 at 9:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.