AA: LAX-PVG $755 ai; 17,603 EQM's, 4.2cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: LAX-PVG $755 ai; 17,603 EQM's, 4.2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Exclamation AA: LAX-PVG $755 ai; 17,603 EQM's, 4.2cpm

AA: LAX-PVG 4.2cpm

LAX-ORD-PVG-ORD-LAX

$755a.i. 17,603 EQM's (35206 RDM's if you're Platinum or higher)

Dates that seem to work:

depart 4/5
return 4/9

bookable on aa.com and you can use SWU/eVIPs on this itin
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Nice find!

For those living in the DEQM zones, I found it for $803 March 18-22, same routing, which gets it down to 3.81cpm, 21,094 EQM.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
There are similar CPM's available out of BOS, prob NYC too, just under 20,000 EQMs possible. I've gotten one or two itineraries down to 3.9 cpm, but all require a 2 day stay at a minimum, plus the cost of the visa, unless you want to buy one ways outside of China beyond Shanghai and use PVG as a transit. Good price, not quite as great as an MR. Worth taking though if someone wants to go.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:58 am

Also, if anyone is in DFW, like me, and has the Chinese Visa already, unlike me , this could be a good one.

I found a DFW-LAX-ORD-PVG-ORD-LAX-DFW March 18-22/23 for $830, which with the DEQM nets you a total of 26,034, or 3.19cpm!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
Also, if anyone is in DFW, like me, and has the Chinese Visa already, unlike me , this could be a good one.

I found a DFW-LAX-ORD-PVG-ORD-LAX-DFW March 18-22/23 for $830, which with the DEQM nets you a total of 26,034, or 3.19cpm!
Be warned that only one of the DFW-LAX-ORD will get the double miles. Only one RT per itinerary. You would get it on the DFW-LAX-ORD on the way to PVG, you won't get DEQ11 DEQM on the return.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:08 am

You sure on that? I've done two roundtrips on one PNR in January and got all the double miles for it.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you have to call in or did it automatically process? I think anyone with two had to call in and have it manually done.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:30 am

Didn't have to call or anything on mine, could be different for others.

As always, ymmv. I don't have the visa, and don't want to buy a random roundtrip to somewhere out of PVG, so I can't take aadvantage of this.

Nice seeing AA get back in the discounting game though.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Q fare.
MPM.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you get DEQ11 credit for January? They were running DEQAA too, I'm assuming you did get DEQM for both from what you're saying, I just don't recall anything from the DEQ11 thread saying 2 round trips on 1 PNR were good. It was expressly not permitted in the T&Cs for it, but that doesn't mean AA's IT system is smart enough to figure it out!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...a-members.html

"A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation."
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Q fare.
MPM.
Makes sense with what I'm seeing on ITA, a lot of fairly out there routings (BOS-PVG via ELP, anyone?).
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Makes sense with what I'm seeing on ITA, a lot of fairly out there routings (BOS-PVG via ELP, anyone?).
I'm also trying to construct a routing under MPM.
The GDS runs really slow here (Just got off KA786!)
IDK whether this is a problem with the CZ lounge internet or Chinese government.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
IDK whether this is a problem with the CZ lounge internet or Chinese government.
Probably a combination of both....
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Haven't examined possibilities as I'm not an AA flyer, but if you can route the flights through another county either on the way to China or on the way back, you can get a 48 hour visa waiver. Saves some money at least. Possible to do LAX-ORD-NRT-PVG-ORD-LAX or similar at the same price?

Chris
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
Haven't examined possibilities as I'm not an AA flyer, but if you can route the flights through another county either on the way to China or on the way back, you can get a 48 hour visa waiver. Saves some money at least. Possible to do LAX-ORD-NRT-PVG-ORD-LAX or similar at the same price?

Chris
Only looks good for AA metal, and no AA metal NRT-PVG. You can always pay for an extra flight, or use award miles to get another RT in the middle to reduce your time at PVG to under 48 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.