Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:41 pm
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond

Award: Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles Double Flight Miles

Bonus Code: DEQ11
Register today by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below.

Dates: Book your trip and fly between October 27, 2011, and March 31, 2012 June 30, 2012 [EXTENDED]

Offer: Reach AAdvantage elite status faster than ever with this offer and add to your mileage balance at the same time! Just book a round-trip ticket and fly on American Airlines between Chicago O'Hare or DFW and Los Angeles or San Francisco from October 27, 2011, through March 31, 2012. You'll earn double flight miles AND double elite-qualifying miles, the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite status membership - at an accelerated rate.

Reach AAdvantage elite status faster than ever with this offer and add to your mileage balance at the same time! Just book a round-trip ticket and fly on American Airlines between Chicago O'Hare and Los Angeles, Orange County* or San Francisco or between Dallas/Fort Worth and Los Angeles or San Francisco from October 27, 2011, through June 30, 2012. You'll earn double flight miles AND double elite-qualifying miles, the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite status membership - at an accelerated rate.

Note: This offer is valid only for AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing programs in California, Illinois or Texas.

* Offer applies to travel booked and flown between Chicago O'Hare and Orange Country starting March 9, 2012 through June 30, 2012.

Terms and Conditions:
Offer only applies to AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing Programs in California, Illinois or Texas. AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between Chicago (ORD) or Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from October 27, 2011 through March 31, 2012. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. Reservations containing open jaws are eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after October 27, 2011, to be eligible. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles and double flight miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between Chicago or DFW and Los Angeles or between Chicago or DFW and San Francisco only. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.

Link to aa.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

DEQ11 goes through 31 Mar 2012; AA's promo tracking also has it as DEQ12; DEQ12 is not a new / separate promo. See Bonus DEQ12: registerable, no details - what is it?

12/14/2011 - AmericanAirlines has stated that DEQ11 is combinable/stackable with the DEQAA promotion ^:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...an-2012-a.htmlSeveral FTers will be doing MRs in January; here's a list of the meet-up threads in CommunityBuzz:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...t-january.html

12/20/2011 - The first batch of double EQM has reportedly posted for flights thru at least Dec 15, although bonus RDM have apparently not yet posted.

12/22/2011 - AAdvantage Customer Service has stated that RDM should post separately within 4-72 hours.

12/23/2011 - LoneTree has confirmed receiving double EQM and double RDM for the ORD-LAX and SFO-ORD segments in an ORD-LAX-SFO-ORD circle itinerary.

This is in contrast to the Nov 2010 - Feb 2011 LASF2 double EQM promotion, in which open jaw and circle trips were expressly ineligible and travel had to be either DFW-LAX in both directions or DFW-SFO in both directions, without mixing.

The May - Aug 2011 DECSL double EQM promotion expressly allowed open jaw itineraries (as does the current promotion), but it is not clear whether or not any FlyerTalkers actually flew such itineraries. The Apr - Aug 2011 DEQSL double EQM promotion did not specify whether open jaw itineraries were eligible or ineligible.

1/12/12 - The second batch of double EQM has reportedly posted for completed itineraries thru at least 1/5/12 and part of 1/6/12. [Post] [Post]

1/18/12 - The third batch of double EQM has reportedly posted for completed itineraries thru at least 1/14/12 and part of 1/15/12. Double RDM continue to post separately, and later than double EQM. Remember, only bonus RDM credits, not bonus EQM credits, will be indicated by a line item in your AAdvantage account summary. [Post] [Post]

1/19/12 - Double EQM have reportedly posted for completed itineraries thru 1/17/12 while double RDM have reportedly posted for flights thru part of 1/6/12. [Post]

1/25/12 - Double EQM reportedly posted for completed itineraries thru sometime on 1/21/12 and sweeps claimed to occur weekly on Tuesdays now by AA employee. [Post]

1/25/12 - KKR develops way of using Excel to hypothesize your DEQM earnings here: Tracking Method for DEQAA and DEQ11.

2/1/12 - Double EQM reportedly posted for completed itineraries thru sometime on 1/28/12. Flights thru the preceding Saturdays appear to be posting on Tues/Wed overnight. [Post]

2/8/12 - Double EQM AND Double RDM have reportedly posted for completed itineraries thru sometime on 2/4/12. [Post]

2/13/12 - Above notes have been updated to clarify that the entire itinerary (e.g., roundtrip) must be completed prior to the cutoff date in order to post in the following sweep window. [Post]

2/14/12 - AA has sent out emails summarizing DEQ11 bonus EQM that have posted thru 1/28/12, although bonus EQM and RDM have posted beyond that date already.

2/14/12 - Double EQM have reportedly posted for completed itineraries thru sometime on 2/11/12. [Post]

3/9/12 - :-: This promotion has been extended through June 30, 2012 and ORD-SNA has been added to the list of segments eligible for double miles when booked and flown after March 9, 2012. :-:

dstan and AA moderator Team
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Mar 9, 2012 at 8:32 pm Reason: promotion extended
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:44 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
WOW! This comes as a complete surprise to me!

Last edited by The Mileage Millionaire; Oct 27, 2011 at 1:52 pm
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:47 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
That was fast! Just got the alert about this from DealFinder and was about to post about it.

It looks like trips that include SFO-DFW/ORD segments will be eligible based on past experiences, with only those segments counting. We usually fly out of SJC, so this may not do much for us, but had to register anyway.

Cheers.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Fine AA should declare bankruptcy and needs new management.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Wow, nice news. Thanks for posting it!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Damn and this comes on the heals of the $49 fares one way that just finished up. I wish this promo had been with that one as i would have ended the year as exp instead of plat. at least can start thinking of next year.

Just thinking out loud. would the DEQM be awarded for a trip like DFW-LAX-SEA-LAX-DFW for the DFW-LAX //LAX-DFW portion or not
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:53 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by brp
It looks like trips that include SFO-DFW/ORD segments will be eligible based on past experiences, with only those segments counting.
That's not what the T&Cs say, BUT I certainly hope you are correct!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:57 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
That's not what the T&Cs say, BUT I certainly hope you are correct!
Well, it allows open jaws, and doesn't exclude onward segments (doesn't indicate that the flights are only between those airports). In the past, similar wording has allowed, for example SFO-ORD-LGA, with the double miles only on the SFO-ORD portions.

Cheers.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Damn, I have two more upcoming RTs to solidify EXP, but I could have done it within one if I had waited!

At least I'll get a running head start on guaranteeing EXP for 2013!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
What? Again?

Also, I noticed in the ToS, it says: "Reservations containing open jaws are eligible."

Does this mean that SFO-DFW-FLL-(open jaw)-JFK-DFW-SFO will work? Or what about SFO-DFW-DCA-LGA-DFW-SFO? (of course, only for the SFO-DFW-SFO segments)
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have a RT from DFW-LAX next week (that I booked yesterday) and I've been on hold with AAdvantage CS and Res for the past 10 min to add this to my trip and nobody can find any information about this promo...

Will update if it changes, but I've talked to 3 different people so far.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by 1pRoscoe
I have a RT from DFW-LAX next week (that I booked yesterday) and I've been on hold with AAdvantage CS and Res for the past 10 min to add this to my trip and nobody can find any information about this promo...

Will update if it changes, but I've talked to 3 different people so far.
I think chances are slim you'll get the double miles for it, but best of luck.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
"There is no such promotion", after speaking to 4 different people.

<-- lost 15 minutes and nothing gained.

Will try back later after some potential employee messaging has taken place...

Last edited by 1pRoscoe; Oct 27, 2011 at 2:27 pm
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:12 pm

Which do you think is more likely, someone at AA web services is playing a very well designed prank on us, or that the agents just haven't been informed of this JUST announced promotion?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
its on aa.com under offers, says to register....looks like its for real...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.