ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
I think United already provides bus service to Terminal 5 from Gate B12, if I remember right.
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I assume that you mean that anyone with a boarding pass for a flight out of T5 can take the bus. I'll make sure to pass that on if I see something in one of the other forums.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by stopdiabetes
I think United already provides bus service to Terminal 5 from Gate B12, if I remember right.
The only UA shuttle I know about is from the C concourse in T1 to the E concourse in T2.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Only for their employees.

UA will come around to using this eventually.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ords
Only for their employees.

UA will come around to using this eventually.
Were four buses purchased assuming UA would be onboard? Or are that many needed to run the T3 service?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Nope.

I assume UA sees the T5 *carriers as competition. Why make the transfer easier? Keep them on UA.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This is perfect - I am flying into ORD tomorrow on UA, have a 3 hour layover, and then depart on IB. Would have been nice for UA to participate, but I will hoof it over to G17 and grab the shuttle.

I will report back on how the new service is.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OhioExile
This is perfect - I am flying into ORD tomorrow on UA, have a 3 hour layover, and then depart on IB. Would have been nice for UA to participate, but I will hoof it over to G17 and grab the shuttle.

Doesn't IB depart from T3??
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by OhioExile

As milepig points out you need to hoof it to T3 but should stay off the shuttle, unless you are on an IB codeshare on BA.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Were four buses purchased assuming UA would be onboard? Or are that many needed to run the T3 service?
Yes, original plan was to have two stops for UA. One on the C and one on the B. Those would have been for the other two buses. UA then decided only on B1 then eventually that even was pulled.

AA; well looks who's getting all the positive press from it.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MADPhil
As milepig points out you need to hoof it to T3 but should stay off the shuttle, unless you are on an IB codeshare on BA.
Originally Posted by milepig
Doesn't IB depart from T3??
Nice catch all. I just assumed it would be out of 5.

Well, that's too bad. I was looking forward to it.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:39 pm

I will be using this service on 7/1. Can somebody tell me frequency of this bus transfer? is it every 10-15 minutes? What is the passenger capacity of bus?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Yes, original plan was to have two stops for UA. One on the C and one on the B. Those would have been for the other two buses. UA then decided only on B1 then eventually that even was pulled.

AA; well looks who's getting all the positive press from it.
Ah, I just assumed it would go T1 -> T3 -> T5. Moot point for now, but as you say, maybe UA will eventually jump on board.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Ah, I just assumed it would go T1 -> T3 -> T5. Moot point for now, but as you say, maybe UA will eventually jump on board.
A bit of a UA joke, but what would get United to join would be for Delta to sign on.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbsolanki
I will be using this service on 7/1. Can somebody tell me frequency of this bus transfer? is it every 10-15 minutes? What is the passenger capacity of bus?
They run constantly as they make a loop from T3 to T5 and back. With two buses it's about 5-6 minutes.

Around 122 with ability for 3 wheelchairs.

Originally Posted by milepig
A bit of a UA joke, but what would get United to join would be for Delta to sign on.
Which is currently being looked at, although it might be a little harder to do with T2 being as old as it is.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 27, 2017 at 12:41 am Reason: merge
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Which is currently being looked at, although it might be a little harder to do with T2 being as old as it is.
And IMO connecting from any fo the DL T2 gates to G17 is as about as bad as going from the end of the G concourse to the end of the H/K concourses (like going from G19 to K19).

Not the best but there are worse connections within T1 or T3 (like going from the end of G to the end of L in T3).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.