Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kansas City - rent a car or Uber?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Kansas City - rent a car or Uber?

I'm going to in Kansas City for about 24 hours during the week for an interview. Debating whether to rent a car -- would rather not because of hassle, but don't know if it's necessary there.

How prevalent is Uber in KC? Hotel and interveiw are downtown.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:50 pm

The airport is pretty far from downtown, so unless you're taking a train, I would rent.
Good luck on the interview.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
I would rent a car. Then it's easy to see more of the city as well. Downtown is ok, but it's not my favorite part of KC.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
You've obviously completed your trip, though I figured I would add my data point for other people who had the same question.

Parked my car at MCI last week and flew to STL. Decided to AmTrak it back to KC Union Station, which left the problem of retrieving my car. Uber is very prevalent in KC, so I requested one as I was walking out of Union Station and was on the way to MCI in under 3 mins.

Total cost was just under $30 for the drive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.