Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Dynamic Ticket Pricing at Busch Stadium?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum

I am going to be in town for a three day Cards-Cubs homestand. It fits my schedule better to go to the Saturday evening game, but single-game tickets went on sale today and prices are about double what they are for the Friday night and Sunday afternoon game.

I get that this is a rivalry game, and Saturday night demand is higher, but can I expect this price differential to also exist in the secondary market (Stubhub,etc.)? Does anyone think that it will continue all the way to game day? Something about a $100 bleacher ticket just rubs me the wrong way . . .
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I'd check Stubhub now to see if any season ticket holders have listed yet.

It seems like a lot of teams are going to dynamic pricing. The Giants certainly do it.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Is there a promotion Saturday night? If it's Bobblehead Night for example that can jack up prices significantly.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:17 am
Original Poster

It's not a promotion night according to http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/. I will keep my eye on stubhub - as of right now stubhub is the same or slightly lower than official outlet - http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/. If stubhub starts to move to parity or above I will lock in the tickets.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

I ended up paying $115 each for seats in Home Redbird Club. Bought on Stubhub. Considering cheapest seats in those sections are now $180 on SH and $195 from cardinals.com, I feel pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.